R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-17-2008, 01:09 PM   #25441
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
When I switch from asphault rubber to carpet rubber, I hardly make any changes at all. In fact, I pretty much went back to the kit set up and started there and the car has been great. I think all I did with mine was go from 14lb springs all around (Schumacher whites) to 16lb fronts with the 14lb rears.

This is with me running lipo and 17.5 BL.
Just in case anyone cares, Steve's rubber/carpet setup this weekend was 99% the same as what he used to finish 7th in the A at Novak. I bet he'll post it here after he comes out of hibernation!
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:23 PM   #25442
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default weight

If anyone needs ideas this is how i weight my car.I divide the car in six sections and weigh everything . Then place the weight to make everything equal.I have 9.1 ounces of lead shoe goo'ed in the two rear batt slots everything else is to the rear of the batt and i put one piece the size of the servo under it which helped run the big servo saver and kept the weight low.
Attached Thumbnails
Schumacher Corner-dscf0810.jpg  
AARON YOUNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:28 PM   #25443
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AARON YOUNG View Post
If anyone needs ideas this is how i weight my car.I divide the car in six sections and weigh everything . Then place the weight to make everything equal.I have 9.1 ounces of lead shoe goo'ed in the two rear batt slots everything else is to the rear of the batt and i put one piece the size of the servo under it which helped run the big servo saver and kept the weight low.
God your a nerd!
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:32 PM   #25444
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

but im a hung nerd
AARON YOUNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:11 PM   #25445
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey whats wrong with running 5 cells in six cell chassis? what will it handle like?
cheers
M11
SP GT
SP 5.5,17.5
aus jd 2703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:16 PM   #25446
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I am going to type up a lil more detailed race report later this week, but I just want to say that the car I drove this weekend, was the ABSOLUTE best car i have ever driven in my short racing career. It was SO easy to drive that it was hard for me to get nervou b/c it would do whatever i wanted it to do.

I want to give a huge shout out to Chris Goetz for helping me out and giving me a dialed setup! I literally ran the same setup that I came with. I had to change a few things as traction was changing, but as the bite came up, I went to the original setup seaball put on the car. I could not have done as well with out you, and I cannot say thank you enough for all the help on and off the track (no wise cracks)

I guess I can complain, and say "coulda, woulda, shoulda", but I walked away from the Nats feeling proud to run for all my sponsors, especially Schumacher. Almost no one gives us the respect the car deserves, especially the foam racers.....and the folks that saw my car this week, can definitely say that my car was just as good as the majority of the A main.

I will be posting my setup here shortly.

Last but not least, thank you to Shawn and Adam for taking care of us while we were there with unbelievable parts support!

One last shout out to all the Schuie drivers there...congrats to all, no matter where you finished. We are making a name for the car and I am proud to run with each and everyone of you....see ya at the next one!

mcgoo
Mr. McGoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:19 PM   #25447
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Maybe some of the company reps can sound off...I've been out of racing for awhile now and plan on making a comeback. I've been compiling equipment for about a month and it's coming down to which car to go with. I want to know if Schumacher is planning on releasing any new on road kits...Mi4 maybe??? One of the main reasons I got out was because I decided to go with a different brand previously. Let's see t1, '04, '05, that was the last straw... Then '007, '008???...I've thought about coming back for a while and I've been checking in every once and awhile, about 4 years. I admire Schumacher and their loyal customers for keeping consistent over the years. I just don't want to go out buy the Mi3 and a month or two down the road regretting it...I know it's a good car but I don't want to be in the same position I was in when I quit. Thanks for your input..in advance...
XER987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:20 PM   #25448
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

Congrats Mcgoo, you had a heck of a weekend. You got skill sir. I'm proud of how far you've come.

Thanks to the Sharpie crew for the laughs. We sure needed them this weekend. That poor motor spray can never stood a chance.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:24 PM   #25449
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XER987 View Post
Maybe some of the company reps can sound off...I've been out of racing for awhile now and plan on making a comeback. I've been compiling equipment for about a month and it's coming down to which car to go with. I want to know if Schumacher is planning on releasing any new on road kits...Mi4 maybe??? One of the main reasons I got out was because I decided to go with a different brand previously. Let's see t1, '04, '05, that was the last straw... Then '007, '008???...I've thought about coming back for a while and I've been checking in every once and awhile, about 4 years. I admire Schumacher and their loyal customers for keeping consistent over the years. I just don't want to go out buy the Mi3 and a month or two down the road regretting it...I know it's a good car but I don't want to be in the same position I was in when I quit. Thanks for your input..in advance...

As far as I know, the Mi3 will be around for a while. I know there are updated parts, etc, but I don't think we will see a Mi4 anytime soon. Adam and Shawn can confirm, but you won't go wrong with the car.
Mr. McGoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:28 PM   #25450
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey Guys,
Had a great time at Nats. I really enjoy meeting other team mates and seeing what each of us has to offer to strengthen our showing at a national level. As always, I come away from an event wanting to have made a better showing and I will only be satisfied with a win. However, each time I have learned something about the car, tuning, different techniques, and most important building friendships.
Dave and Jim - it was my pleasure to meet you guys and I look forward to wheeling next to you at Asphalt Nats here in a couple months. Dave - I had a great time pitting next to you and thanks for all the help and the Twislers.
Kenny - thanks for letting me crush at your place and being there as you have been for so many years. It's your on-going challenges that push me to drive faster and faster so I don't get beat by you. Let's keep working together to get to the "A" together.
McGoo - thanks for not getting lazy on me and the prayers. I love to watch what you can do with the car. I look forward to running with ya in the weeks to comes.
I enjoy being on the Team and having this opportunity to race with some great guys at the big races and at our local levels. I look forward to what we have coming up and meeting new team members at the asphalt nats.
Special thanks to Yang for leting me use some batteries. And to Andrew (AWD) for his props.
I also have to say thanks to Adam and Shawn for their support.

L8R Steve
Old 03-17-2008, 08:32 PM   #25451
Tech Regular

Man Mcgoo can type fast. I started posting, walked out to the kitchen, came back to finish and post and he had posted twice. Man he is fast both on and off he track.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:34 PM   #25452
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XER987 View Post
As Mark said, the Mi3 was just released in May or June. There are some parts like light weight bulkheads that a lot of us have gone to. But the car itself is here to stay for a while. There may be a running change or something like that eventually. But you won't be sorry if you pick up an Mi3 right now. I've been driving for Schumacher for 4 years now. I started toward the end of the original Mi2's life in 04. We then had the EC from 2005 until this last May when we got the Mi3.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:37 PM   #25453
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Congrats to all the Schuie guys at the nats. Keep it up guys.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:38 PM   #25454
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidAlford View Post
Congrats Mcgoo, you had a heck of a weekend. You got skill sir. I'm proud of how far you've come.

Thanks to the Sharpie crew for the laughs. We sure needed them this weekend. That poor motor spray can never stood a chance.
You know my brother - it was great racing with you and your partner in crime - "Mr A-Main". I never got a picture of the final motor spray can. I hope the next big race has a Hooters because they have great wings!!

L8R Steve "Sharpie" Marker
Old 03-18-2008, 01:32 AM   #25455
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I just noticed in the for sale thraeds that Nic Case is selling one of his speed car ENTC3 chassis. AS I read further, he is now running for schumacher. Anyone have any idea what hes got planned? I can't wait to see an Mi3 contraption go 160 mph!
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote