R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-30-2008, 07:59 PM   #24976
Tech Elite
 
rx7ttlm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,521
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

I was just busting balls man.. Its not stopping me from building cars.. I am going to finish the rebuild this week and test sunday.. But I don't think the stop watch cares about your screws lol.
__________________
|Team Xray | RC America |MAX Engines | Hudy |Jaco | KO PROPO |"From Slovakia with Love" T3 | Team Timezone |

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 01:03 AM   #24977
Tech Master
 
mini-dub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: seattle
Posts: 1,632
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

I ran my Mi3 for the first time in about 8 1/2 months (I know, right? WHAT have I been doing!?!?) and it just reminded me that this is the sickest rubber tire touring car out there. The car literally still had the tires, motor, body, rubber dust, ect. from the 19t A3 on the Tamiya track. I just swapped the spool for a oneway (carpet) and removed the crazy steering forward arm sweep I run on asphalt and the thing was 93% dialed. Couple other changes and it's 97% dialed . It's just a testimony to how this car can be thrown down anywhere on rubber and it's dialed.
__________________
Weylin Rose - www.shiftedcinema.com

Riding Bikes | Skiing | Helis | Rotor Rage | Cyclone Blades | RC Trim | Dead Kat Raceway
mini-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 05:37 AM   #24978
Tech Champion
 
Kevin K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: In a land of mini-mighty mental giants
Posts: 8,805
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Btw...does anyone see a potential issue with running the lowered shock towers on rubber/carpet?
You need to have short springs or use Associated spring retainers so the springs sit lower and allow for enough adjustment to get below 5mm of ride height. If you just use them with the stock parts and stock length springs you wont get below 6mm of ride height I believe.
__________________
2013 USVTA World Champion of the World
MOTIV RC presents the Midwest All-Star Carpet Series....14th year running 2016/17!!!
USVTA National Championship....check it out!!!
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:51 AM   #24979
Regional Moderator
 
Darkseid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: At my computer, duh...
Posts: 9,033
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

abailey21: I got the universals today. Thanks for sending those out to a procrastinator like myself.
__________________
TLR 22...Tamiya F104...
Darkseid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:15 AM   #24980
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,195
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Not a problem man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
abailey21: I got the universals today. Thanks for sending those out to a procrastinator like myself.
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 07:14 PM   #24981
Tech Champion
 
JayBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 12TH-MAN COUNTRY
Posts: 6,806
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
You need to have short springs or use Associated spring retainers so the springs sit lower and allow for enough adjustment to get below 5mm of ride height. If you just use them with the stock parts and stock length springs you wont get below 6mm of ride height I believe.
Thanks Kev but that's not what I was getting at. I guess I should have been a bit more direct- Does anyone run the lowered shock towers on asphalt? Is there any issues when doing this?
__________________
R C 3 G R A F I X _ F U S I O N . G R A P H I X _ S E A T T L E - R/C - R A C E R S _ E M E R A L D C I T Y R C . C O M

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 07:18 PM   #24982
Tech Champion
 
JayBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 12TH-MAN COUNTRY
Posts: 6,806
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-dub View Post
I ran my Mi3 for the first time in about 8 1/2 months (I know, right? WHAT have I been doing!?!?) and it just reminded me that this is the sickest rubber tire touring car out there. The car literally still had the tires, motor, body, rubber dust, ect. from the 19t A3 on the Tamiya track. I just swapped the spool for a oneway (carpet) and removed the crazy steering forward arm sweep I run on asphalt and the thing was 93% dialed. Couple other changes and it's 97% dialed . It's just a testimony to how this car can be thrown down anywhere on rubber and it's dialed.
True.....but then again, you are a wheel Good job last night buddy. Glad you're back from your slumber
__________________
R C 3 G R A F I X _ F U S I O N . G R A P H I X _ S E A T T L E - R/C - R A C E R S _ E M E R A L D C I T Y R C . C O M

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 07:26 PM   #24983
Tech Champion
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,516
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

of all the nights for liverc not to working
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:04 PM   #24984
Tech Addict
 
justin lessard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 588
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to justin lessard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
Thats not bad for practice...keep it up Seabass
yeah,mine and Goetz cars are fairly good, Chris and I both were running 10.6's yesterday,but new tires threw mine off,should be fast again tommorow,hopefully
justin lessard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 02:37 AM   #24985
Tech Regular
 
jdm19turn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 404
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

good luck at the birds justin
__________________
mi4 ,mi5
jdm19turn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 04:22 AM   #24986
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Does anyone run the lowered shock towers on asphalt? Is there any issues when doing this?
for rubber? I personally haven't waisted my time yet but apparently if you want them to work you have to drill holes where they don't go just so you can car to handle. Well Thats what the other people have done anyway.. but saying that, only two people have done it and one person liked it.
Kirby Masterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 04:59 AM   #24987
Tech Master
 
yokemad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,150
Red face

hi dudes
I've got a silly question 4 U can I use lipo batteries with my stock brushed motor if so what are the advantages & which one you recommend if not why not
thanx in advanced
yokemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 05:19 AM   #24988
Tech Champion
 
Kevin K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: In a land of mini-mighty mental giants
Posts: 8,805
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Thanks Kev but that's not what I was getting at. I guess I should have been a bit more direct- Does anyone run the lowered shock towers on asphalt? Is there any issues when doing this?
Ahhh....well for what its worth I run the lowered towers on carpet with rubber tires I have yet to run the car on Asphalt but they work just fine on carpet with rubber so I dont really see why you wouldnt be able to use them on Asphalt as well.
__________________
2013 USVTA World Champion of the World
MOTIV RC presents the Midwest All-Star Carpet Series....14th year running 2016/17!!!
USVTA National Championship....check it out!!!
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 01:34 PM   #24989
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,944
Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Default

Hey Adam both packages arrived this week,thanks
__________________
SpeedZone Batteries

Last edited by steve eaves; 02-01-2008 at 08:19 PM.
steve eaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 03:30 PM   #24990
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokemad View Post
hi dudes
I've got a silly question 4 U can I use lipo batteries with my stock brushed motor if so what are the advantages & which one you recommend if not why not
thanx in advanced

Yes, you can.

Simple charging, no 'fade' during a run, greater efficiency, etc.

A few people have commented that they think there is less comm wear when using Lipo's instead of NiMh.

Skiddins
__________________
Xray T4'17, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2017
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Corner Dots anyone? RCGaryK Electric On-Road 19 07-03-2006 11:12 PM
On the Corner RC-HPI R/C Photography 0 08-02-2005 10:53 PM
Snowbirds Around the Corner scarecrow Florida Racing 20 01-27-2005 10:43 AM
1/12th Corner GT Racer Singapore R/C Racers 26 03-04-2004 06:59 AM
Shumacher Corner in Aus jamesbaxter_81 Australian Racing 6 01-08-2004 02:36 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:11 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net