R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-31-2007, 06:41 AM   #24151
Tech Elite
 
theisgroup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 3,191
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingrick View Post
Had fun racing at Mikes yesterday would like to thank Andrew and the other Shuie guys everybody was very helpful I need more pratice on the rug
it was great seeing all of you. it was your Sp MI3 that pushed me over the edge.

Adam you have email at the shui addy. put me at the top of the list.
__________________
yang lai

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 07:58 AM   #24152
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,944
Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty View Post
Glad to have ya man. Sorry I didn't have more time to help you get the details ironed out. Maybe we can work out a trip to Enid or something to get some practice in for te Nats.
Andrew if you are talking about carpet nats this is the wrong track,it has a skid not type surface,come on up to tulsa the traction is really good,Hess,england,Wes,myself are really running good like to have you come up
__________________
SpeedZone Batteries
steve eaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 08:00 AM   #24153
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,944
Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Default

Adam you got pm
__________________
SpeedZone Batteries
steve eaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 08:03 AM   #24154
Tech Addict
 
slammin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Benton AR
Posts: 615
Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to slammin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingrick View Post
Had fun racing at Mikes yesterday would like to thank Andrew and the other Shuie guys everybody was very helpful I need more pratice on the rug
I second that you guys are awsome and a big thinks for all your help.Maybe next everything will work when I get their.My mi3 worked pretty good for still having my outside setup on it with rubber tires.See you guys when I come back in Feb.
__________________
RC Addicts AR
Serpent srx4
Serpent srx8
Agama A215e
slammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 08:04 AM   #24155
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,634
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjompa View Post
Hi there!
It is me that have brooken the driveshaft. i have glued the shim on the steeringarm. and i have not chrashed the car, simple enough?
I need to find a solution for this, starts to cost me a fortune..not fun at all when so much money is spend on a chassis, even bought thar lightweight bulkheads for it, just to keep it on the track and not 6 feet under it...
So you are saying you just drive around the track not hitting anything and the cvd's just snap while you are racing/practicing?? That's kind of hard to believe but maybe.

No one around me has ever broken that part even in big crashes running a spool/oneway.

The car and parts are very durable. Something must be built or setup wrong.
__________________
Serpent Racing * Speed Passion * Fantom Racing * Windy City Raceway
Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 08:09 AM   #24156
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,944
Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Default

Slammin you got pm
__________________
SpeedZone Batteries
steve eaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 08:18 AM   #24157
Tech Addict
 
slammin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Benton AR
Posts: 615
Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to slammin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve eaves View Post
Slammin you got pm
Back at you.
__________________
RC Addicts AR
Serpent srx4
Serpent srx8
Agama A215e
slammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 08:24 AM   #24158
Tech Fanatic
 
turbodog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Debary, Florida
Posts: 757
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
traction at PNP was great, just a little hot that day but "turbodog" can help you there his car was dialed
PNP was a long time ago - and now...well, I bought the PW setup

One thing that concerns me when looking at pics of lipo cars, its more important to balance the chassis weight than to "fit" your lipo pack into the battery space on the chassis. Lipo packs are very light and cars are designed for the heavy packs of nimh, you don't want your added lead weight way out to the right as you want to keep your weight closer to the center of the car.
__________________
Troy Schafer
turbodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 01:03 PM   #24159
Tech Elite
 
andrewdoherty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ★Wylie, TX★
Posts: 3,773
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve eaves View Post
Andrew if you are talking about carpet nats this is the wrong track,it has a skid not type surface,come on up to tulsa the traction is really good,Hess,england,Wes,myself are really running good like to have you come up
I can't get off for the carpet Nats. I am going to see about the Paved Nats since I am off then. I'll se about getting a group of guys together for a trip to OK. Any word on an OK State Race?
__________________
"Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
"[Driving] Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration" -T.A. Edison
|◤Hobbywing◢|◤SpeedzoneUSA.com◢|◤Pro-One◢|
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 02:11 PM   #24160
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,944
Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Default

I know they are working on it should know something soon
__________________
SpeedZone Batteries
steve eaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 02:34 PM   #24161
Tech Elite
 
DavidAlford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 4,151
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford
Default

Enid would be great practice for the paved nats. I think I might hit that race up. Carpet nats are just coming up to fast to get ready for.
__________________
Hot Bodies/HPI | Jconcepts | Viper RC | Xpert | Sippel Speed Shop | Lawton RC Raceway | SXT
DavidAlford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 08:53 PM   #24162
Tech Regular
 
MagicMarker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: DFW-Texas
Posts: 310
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Thinking about Novak right, but indoor carpet nats and paved nats are in the back of my mind. Enid is going to be getting a visit soon. Seeya then David.

L8R Marker
__________________
Team Schumacher USA - Team Trinity - Team McGoo Racing - Ken Graf/x - Mini Mafia [Dallas Chapter]
MagicMarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 09:39 AM   #24163
Tech Champion
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,516
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodog View Post
PNP was a long time ago - and now...well, I bought the PW setup

One thing that concerns me when looking at pics of lipo cars, its more important to balance the chassis weight than to "fit" your lipo pack into the battery space on the chassis. Lipo packs are very light and cars are designed for the heavy packs of nimh, you don't want your added lead weight way out to the right as you want to keep your weight closer to the center of the car.
i have two core packs, one has all the weight to the inside, 140 grams worth, the other has the weight attached 70 grams along the inside, 70 along the outside, i haven't decided which way i like better. theres only a sight difference in the way the car "looks" on the track and i'm not "feeling" any real difference. but that may just be me.

although with the improved smoothness of the speedpassion GT i will have to do more testing.
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 12:23 PM   #24164
Tech Elite
 
dawgmeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 2,452
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
i have two core packs, one has all the weight to the inside, 140 grams worth, the other has the weight attached 70 grams along the inside, 70 along the outside, i haven't decided which way i like better. theres only a sight difference in the way the car "looks" on the track and i'm not "feeling" any real difference. but that may just be me.

although with the improved smoothness of the speedpassion GT i will have to do more testing.

would be nice to have some balancing holes in the GOTDAMM chassis
dawgmeat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 03:23 PM   #24165
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,194
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

If you took my previous post as a personal "stab" I apologize, it was not my intention at all.

Thinking about it more and more I can say that if your only breaking the FRONT LEFT and none of the other 3 corners you may have a wheel bearing issue? Double check those to make sure.

As it was stated by someone else earlier, its also a possibility of a setup issue as well. What's your front end setup, toe in, camber, caster, things that could effect the angle of the CVD or could be causing undue stress on the CVD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjompa View Post
Hi there!
It is me that have brooken the driveshaft. i have glued the shim on the steeringarm. and i have not chrashed the car, simple enough?
I need to find a solution for this, starts to cost me a fortune..not fun at all when so much money is spend on a chassis, even bought thar lightweight bulkheads for it, just to keep it on the track and not 6 feet under it...
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Corner Dots anyone? RCGaryK Electric On-Road 19 07-03-2006 11:12 PM
On the Corner RC-HPI R/C Photography 0 08-02-2005 10:53 PM
Snowbirds Around the Corner scarecrow Florida Racing 20 01-27-2005 10:43 AM
1/12th Corner GT Racer Singapore R/C Racers 26 03-04-2004 06:59 AM
Shumacher Corner in Aus jamesbaxter_81 Australian Racing 6 01-08-2004 02:36 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:37 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net