Schumacher Corner >

Schumacher Corner

Schumacher Corner

Old 12-03-2007, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MagicMarker
Let me see if I have this correct - a lower diff will give you more roll and therefore more bite!? I have noticed my cars rolls in the corners and I have looked for way to eliminate it - is this the golden monkey in the ruined temple I have been looking for? Thanks again and let me know if I'm on the right track.

Marker
u r correct same as the roll center on the car i.e.pivot block spacers U can also change them frt to rear to add and take away bite...remember there's a fine line from too much roll and not enough u can run them all low and b loose so try 1 at a time use the sway bar to fine tune it...lmk how it works
Old 12-03-2007, 08:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Friday Practice is all about roll centers and diff heights. Thanks Custom for your explanation and I'll let you know.

L8R Marker
Old 12-03-2007, 08:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Diff height is not so much about roll as traction on that end of the car.

If the diff is high the blade plunges into the outdrive as the suspension compresses. If you are on power and the suspension compresses this plunge causes a restriction in suspesion movement reducing side bite if you are cornering. It can also increase forward bite if you are in a straight line.

The plunge is reduced with the diff low and the effect is lessened.

On asphalt we generally run the front diff low and the rear diff high to shed rear traction and increase on power rotation.

On carpet with foams the diff height depends on the combinations of settings you are using. You can run them low as McGoo does or high as Seaball does and get them to work equally well.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Adam YGPM...
Old 12-04-2007, 06:58 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I got it JB, you'll be hearing from Shawn soon.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Thanks
Old 12-04-2007, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

someone will be testing some Tamale 8* C-hubs this weekend!!!
Old 12-04-2007, 09:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo
someone will be testing some Tamale 8* C-hubs this weekend!!!
I am looking for the aluminum C-hub as well...but I think the Mi2 version is discontinued long time ago...where else i can get one for my Mi2EC or Mi3? Does Tamale going to make a 4 6 or 8 one soon..?

I am not a big fan of aluminum stuff...however, you guys can give me some idea how come I can break the RIGHT only C-hub 9 times within 3 months of using (probably raced 8 times)....? I am running rubber on carpet...and I have P-dub bumper on...I do crash, but nothing BIG...just some tapping and scratching...but most of the time, at the end of the race day, I will find out my bottom of the C-hub is cracked open...somehow the lower arm bracket DOES hold the broken C-hub in place and let me finish the race with the broken C-hub (that is a very smart and cool design from Schumacher)

At first...I thought I fixed the problem. 1 of the bearing inside the steering hub was jammed...it locked the right tire, and cause the STRESS all over the right steering...1 thing must break, and thats the C-hub...Fine, bearing changed....1 more run...cracked again. This time, released that the Titanium King pin was bent from the previous crash (broke the arm, bent the CVD and lower arm)...ok...changed the SILVER CVD, new arm, new C-HUB again, and new king pin.......1 more run. AGAIN....cracked lower C-hub...RIGHT side, AGAIN...

Everything is changed now on the RIGHT side...all new parts. But...I think it will be a cracked C-hub coming....can you guys give me idea WHAT ELSE I have to adjust..? I can only imagine my RIGHT turn end point to too FAR right...which I have already reset JUST RIGHT, no more and no less...but I did not encounter is...when the car is turn right, with the traction from the CARPET...that migth PUSH the steering knuckle MORE then what I have set and caused to PUSH against the C-hub and crack the C-hub...

Do you guys think that is possible...?

Sorry about the long post....$10 per C-hub x 9 is not cheap and fun for me....it is weird because i have ran the Mi2EC for like 2 years now...before this incident, all my C-hub, arm, steering are all collect dust in my part box...
Old 12-04-2007, 09:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Solara let me look at your car again next time out...

I race with him and none of his taps have been that bad. He's just unlucky or something. 3-4 of us who also raced the EC almost never broke anything where he has always broke c-hubs. Maybe your endpoints are way past touching the steering knuckle to the c-hub and when you are turning in that direction then tapping there is even more stress? Sounds simple but maybe just check.

Also guys this is on his Mi2EC not the Mi3.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Sweet! When is Larry bringing them to me??? Funny that you found out before I did

JERKFACE
Old 12-04-2007, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah, it sounds like it could be something with the steering throw. Just check your radius's and make sure the are equal. Your wheel might be turning too far and therefore locking up and putting too much strain on the c-hub.

Larry from Tamale is working on a 2nd batch of c-hubs as we speak. If you are interested, shoot him an email @ [email protected].
Old 12-04-2007, 09:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo
Yeah, it sounds like it could be something with the steering throw. Just check your radius's and make sure the are equal. Your wheel might be turning too far and therefore locking up and putting too much strain on the c-hub.

Larry from Tamale is working on a 2nd batch of c-hubs as we speak. If you are interested, shoot him an email @ [email protected].
Thanks....and I hope the Mi3 will not carry that "problem" from my Mi2EC....I think I have stocked all the C-hub from the Mid West so I can have enough C-hub to last 3 qualifier and a main...and may be couple practice (assumed 1 c-hub per run...)

Does Team Tamale C-hub came with different degree..? Like 4 degree too?

Nexus...yes, you can take a look at my 4 cell Mi2EC Trans-Am edition next time, mean while....GIVE ME YOUR Mi3 so I can use the 13.5....you OWN ME the 96T...LOL
Old 12-04-2007, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Thanks....and I hope the Mi3 will not carry that "problem" from my Mi2EC....I think I have stocked all the C-hub from the Mid West so I can have enough C-hub to last 3 qualifier and a main...and may be couple practice (assumed 1 c-hub per run...)

Does Team Tamale C-hub came with different degree..? Like 4 degree too?

Nexus...yes, you can take a look at my 4 cell Mi2EC Trans-Am edition next time, mean while....GIVE ME YOUR Mi3 so I can use the 13.5....you OWN ME the 96T...LOL
tamale as far as I know he is making 4,5 and 8 i c ^^^up ^^^ e-mail him he replys back asap
Old 12-04-2007, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

he's making some 6's too - talked to him last night
Old 12-04-2007, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've got 6's on my car now, DIALED

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.