Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Schumacher Corner >

Schumacher Corner

Schumacher Corner

Old 11-01-2007, 11:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

anyone got a pic of the pdub bumpers? what makes them so good that everyone wants them? lol... i thought the point was to not his stuff?
Old 11-01-2007, 11:07 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Johnny Carey
My PHI weighs 1357g with a lightweight, S9451, GTX, Spektrum Micro, and CO27.

I dont know if anyone saw the new Ko Brushless, but it looks small! KO Brushless
Don't forget foam vs rubber. The weight limit is different and most on this thread are refering to rubber tire weight.

Like it has been said before; unless you can run perfect lines for 5 or 6 minutes then don't worry about weight right now. Think of it this way; a little extra weight goes a long way when you rub fenders

Schumacher is addressing their weight issue for the Mi3 and you will either see a running change at some point in the kits or a new '08 edition.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:24 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adamliehr
anyone got a pic of the pdub bumpers? what makes them so good that everyone wants them? lol... i thought the point was to not his stuff?
The point is not to hit stuff, but as the old saying goes....s*** happens!

P-Dubs are just a better bumper. Not just for the Mi3, but for any sedan. They are harder than the stock bumper, and usually wider as well. They also tend to affoard you a nice 'bounce' off the boards when you catch a corner, which lets you move on without having to wait for the 350lb, chain smoking, turn marshall who's also on the cell phone at the time.

Another benefit is that the Mi3 P-Dub fits very will with some of the most popular bodies on the market. I have found all of these to be a perfect fit with the curve of the P-Dub:

-G6
-Mazda Speed 6
-DNA 1 and 2
-Mohawk
Old 11-01-2007, 11:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I agree with Paul.

IMO I think most people are making a bigger deal about the weight then anything. At the club level and trophy races I really don't think you will see it. Maybe....big maybe...at National races you might gain a little if you drove perfectly over the 5 minutes.

I run my car with a Novak GTB, 13.5, KO RX and have never felt the car was slower because of weight.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus
I agree with Paul.

IMO I think most people are making a bigger deal about the weight then anything. At the club level and trophy races I really don't think you will see it. Maybe....big maybe...at National races you might gain a little if you drove perfectly over the 5 minutes.

I run my car with a Novak GTB, 13.5, KO RX and have never felt the car was slower because of weight.
IMHO, Lap times are the only sure way to know if you're faster or slower, as well as ESC and motor temps...in real racing weight is very important...its a key performance issue in F1 and other pro level 1:1 racing...it is very relevant for rc racing also...its physics, and running at 50g more weight than your competitor for example, has to influence your car's performance and handling...most of the time it means a bit less acceleration/punch, higher esc /motor temp which effects their performance and efficiency, which affects battery runntime, etc, as well as other factors...just because one runs at club level doesnt mean one shouldn't care about these things...if you're a competitor you care about having the edge all areas and keeping weigth as low as possible is a huge part of real and racing and its also very relative in RC racing.

Anyways as PW has stated, Schumacher R&D is already working on this issue, and a solution will be forthcoming which will for sure make all of us very, very happy in this regard...the car is great, but with a LW edition, it will be perfect...

Last edited by yyhayyim; 11-01-2007 at 07:58 PM.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yohan
Sent you a pm with the tracking number enclosed!
Old 11-01-2007, 04:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just a quick and probably a silly question, but which roll bars is stiffest the black, silver or gold?

Cheers

Paul
Old 11-01-2007, 04:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mutley001
Just a quick and probably a silly question, but which roll bars is stiffest the black, silver or gold?

Cheers

Paul
If I remember right. It is the black. It has been 2 months since I ran my car.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Black =Stiff=1.6 mm
Gold=Medium=1.4 mm
Silver=Thin=1.2 mm

Old 11-01-2007, 05:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Customworksking
sup all,Has anyone tried to run tamiya 415 steel dogbones up frt ...I put them on just now if anyone needs to know what u need to do it.. they work perfect + u don't need the 1mm shim with the hex....
@Kev
Hi buddy R U still using That Trf415 Steel dogbones?
could you please Send me What I need to use Them...
Two Broken Plastic Blades at a Night, They piss me off, enough, I want no-blade Steel Drive shafts
I use One-way not a spool What do you think causes that?One-way or too much Steering Lock??
Thanx in advanced
Old 11-01-2007, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
Actually I had always thought that brushless was a lot heavier overall, but it ends up being about the same weight as a brushed system after you consider the lighter motor. Some of those weight #'s look really odd. Especially the difference in Mi3 weights. And IF that's true about the Phi, that's pretty amazing considering it's a 6 cell pack

Don't know how accurate those #'s are.
info came from Exreme rc MI3 brush and rc car MI3 brushless
Old 11-01-2007, 06:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Carey
I dont know if anyone saw the new Ko Brushless, but it looks small! KO Brushless
I'm holdin' out for the Tekin gear
Old 11-01-2007, 07:50 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
IMHO, Lap times are the only sure way to know if you're faster or slower, as well as ESC and motor temps...in real racing weight is very important...its a key performance issue in F1 and other pro level 1:1 racing...it is very relevant for rc racing also...its physics, and running at 50g more weight than your competitor for example, has to influence your car's performance and handling...most of the time it means a bit less acceleration/punch, higher esc /motor temp which effects their performance and efficiency, which affects battery runntime, etc, as well as other factors...just because one runs at club level doesnt mean we should care about these things...its also part of set-up and performance.

Anyways as PW has stated, Schumacher R&D is already working on this issue, and a solution will be forthcoming which will for sure make all of us very, very happy in this regard...the car is great, but with a LW edition, it will be perfect...
Good post, though i wish it was only 50 grams, mine is more like 140 over some friends cars.

we are not talking about small margins, it is a full 10% more. Try throwing another 70-80kg in an F1 car and see what effect it has. Even for one of the back runners for those saying it only affects the front runners

Did anyone answer the question about wether there are light weight king pins? I got lost
Old 11-01-2007, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by StephenSobottka
Yohan
Sent you a pm with the tracking number enclosed!
Yep, I see it. Looks good. THanks you so much for going the extra mile
Old 11-01-2007, 08:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
IMHO, Lap times are the only sure way to know if you're faster or slower, as well as ESC and motor temps...in real racing weight is very important...its a key performance issue in F1 and other pro level 1:1 racing...it is very relevant for rc racing also...its physics, and running at 50g more weight than your competitor for example, has to influence your car's performance and handling...most of the time it means a bit less acceleration/punch, higher esc /motor temp which effects their performance and efficiency, which affects battery runntime, etc, as well as other factors...just because one runs at club level doesnt mean we should care about these things...its also part of set-up and performance.

Unfortunatly, most R/C drivers just aren't sharp enough at driving or setting up thier cars to get any kind of real advantage from a lighter car, a really good pair of brushes, a world level battery, etc.

There is nothing wrong with wanting all this stuff...it just dosen't do most guys any good.

Cars that just flat out work well out of the box and keep working well with little tuning is what makes most racers happy.

FYI, At a state race a couple years ago I pre-tech my car and it came up 3 oz too light. I thought that was wrong but I had no time so I strapped 3oz of lead to my Mission and raced. I had my best qualifying that round with a car that actually weighed 56.5oz. I am not saying it helped...I am saying that for my fairly normal skill level it didn't hurt...lol!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.