R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-10-2007, 06:21 PM   #22171
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,654
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Features View Post
Maybe I over simplfied what I was trying to say, I was trying not to get to technical. The angle of your shocks directly reflects how quickly wieght is transfered. Example: Standing the rear shocks all the way up on the towers with make the rear of the car react quickly to steering inputs. This will cause the car to rotate quicker and provide more initial steering. Laying the rear shocks inward will slow the reaction and make that end of the car feel lazy, and follow the front end less agressivley.

Because the car isnt so reactive, and is suspension rate is softer to car "Feels" like it has more grip
Nice.

In theory most of us understand droop and it's affects. I'd be interested in seeing how you break it down.
Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 06:33 PM   #22172
Tech Master
 
Big Features's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Currituck, North Carolina
Posts: 1,879
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I'm going to need a couple of beers before I attempt that one
__________________
Mike Kling
Team Associated • REEDY Powered
JConcepts • TXD Skin Graphix
Big Features is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 06:40 PM   #22173
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,217
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

**hands a beer**


your welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Features View Post
I'm going to need a couple of beers before I attempt that one
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 06:42 PM   #22174
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,217
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Here’s an actual question for once.... how much tweak is too much?

I have a completely level and flat rear of my chassis, and the front right is bowed up about 2mm and front left is about 1mm

How much is too much?
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 06:43 PM   #22175
Tech Addict
 
justin lessard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 588
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to justin lessard
Default

shock angle is all about style..you lay em down to be pimpin..droop is for giving the car lots of roll so it looks cool
justin lessard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 06:45 PM   #22176
Tech Addict
 
justin lessard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 588
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to justin lessard
Default

Im not old enough to drink beer for 5 more years..but I'll chug a juicebox and break it down..LOL
justin lessard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 06:46 PM   #22177
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,217
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

5 years???

I feel for ya, wait no I dont, that means more for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin lessard View Post
Im not old enough to drink beer for 5 more years..but I'll chug a juicebox and break it down..LOL
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 06:54 PM   #22178
Tech Addict
 
justin lessard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 588
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to justin lessard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abailey21 View Post
5 years???

I feel for ya, wait no I dont, that means more for me
justin lessard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 06:59 PM   #22179
Tech Master
 
Big Features's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Currituck, North Carolina
Posts: 1,879
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Adam, What the heck did you hit???

As for beer, Lets just say "we arent strangers"
__________________
Mike Kling
Team Associated • REEDY Powered
JConcepts • TXD Skin Graphix
Big Features is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 07:14 PM   #22180
Tech Addict
 
justin lessard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 588
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to justin lessard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abailey21 View Post
Here’s an actual question for once.... how much tweak is too much?

I have a completely level and flat rear of my chassis, and the front right is bowed up about 2mm and front left is about 1mm

How much is too much?
any tweak is too much tweak...In a perfect world the chassis should be flat all arms droop the same and the ride height even all around,and the car should tweak out perfectly flat..that rarely happens...usually ride height will not be perfect but chassis flatness and the droop should be even.

Droop: increasing front droop increases onpower push and rear traction
decreasing front droop increases on power steering and reduces rear traction on power
increasing rear droop increases initial steering on corner entry,and can make the car unstable in 180* corners
decreasing rear droop stabilizes the car on corner entry and makes it easier to drive on high bite

DIALED!
justin lessard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 07:40 PM   #22181
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,654
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin lessard View Post
any tweak is too much tweak...In a perfect world the chassis should be flat all arms droop the same and the ride height even all around,and the car should tweak out perfectly flat..that rarely happens...usually ride height will not be perfect but chassis flatness and the droop should be even.

Droop: increasing front droop increases onpower push and rear traction
decreasing front droop increases on power steering and reduces rear traction on power
increasing rear droop increases initial steering on corner entry,and can make the car unstable in 180* corners
decreasing rear droop stabilizes the car on corner entry and makes it easier to drive on high bite

DIALED!
Either you're drunk too or somehow figured that all out :P

Thanks.
Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 07:45 PM   #22182
Tech Elite
 
Customworksking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Springfield ILLINOIS
Posts: 3,637
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokemad View Post
I just Try Kev's Vegas Setup with only front Anti-roll bar, Car was Like a Rocket...Planted all night long with Lots of cornering speed...
Many Thanx Again to all US team (I call you guys from US as a US Team ) And Skiddins for all Their Help and support
u will find u go back to that set-up ...try the 1 jimmy posted he changed his car from my/your setup and said the car was ez to drive but not as fast...lmk how it works and good luck
Customworksking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 09:25 PM   #22183
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,654
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Customworksking View Post
u will find u go back to that set-up ...try the 1 jimmy posted he changed his car from my/your setup and said the car was ez to drive but not as fast...lmk how it works and good luck

Custom.

You coming this Sat. to the Hurricane Allstar Carpet race? Just wondering. There should be a handful of peeps running Mi2 ECs and/or Mi3s.
Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 04:27 AM   #22184
Tech Master
 
yokemad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,150
Default

Hi Kev
there is not much differences between that two setups,tiny bit of difference on droop and he's done some modifications with custom anti roll bars etc.
I've used the gold anti roll bar I don't even know what's the rate of that
yokemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 05:05 AM   #22185
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,217
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

A wall, hard, very hard.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Features View Post
Adam, What the heck did you hit???

As for beer, Lets just say "we arent strangers"
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Corner Dots anyone? RCGaryK Electric On-Road 19 07-03-2006 11:12 PM
On the Corner RC-HPI R/C Photography 0 08-02-2005 10:53 PM
Snowbirds Around the Corner scarecrow Florida Racing 20 01-27-2005 10:43 AM
1/12th Corner GT Racer Singapore R/C Racers 26 03-04-2004 06:59 AM
Shumacher Corner in Aus jamesbaxter_81 Australian Racing 6 01-08-2004 02:36 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:55 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net