R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-02-2007, 10:22 AM   #21961
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,319
Send a message via AIM to PW
Default

McGoo...SO you going to build my Birds car for me


j/k...AWESOME run sucka!
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 10:23 AM   #21962
Tech Elite
 
andrewdoherty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ★Wylie, TX★
Posts: 3,765
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo View Post
Thanks for the props Kling - yeah the car was SO dialed....i was calling Jimmy Maddison collect over in the UK!!!!

This was the easiest and best car i have ever driven in my life. I felt 100% confident that I could place this car anywhere I wanted to. I feel like the Mi3 turned a few heads as well b/c of how good Goetz and my car was looking....

My third qualifier I was down to 11.1's, 11.2's and a string of 11.3's. It is so bitter sweet - I was only 5 seconds out of the A, 1.5 seconds out of the B and that put me 23rd qualifier....you gotta love national level stock racing!!!!

Dawgmeat - i would have agreed with that statement 2 weeks ago, but I only made 3 changes from my home track which is low-med bite. I went one softer spring rate in the back, took the arm sweep out in front, and took .5 toe out of the rear. Other than that - I was running exactly what I was running back home.

I feel confident that this setup is pretty going to be a great base point for anyone running foams. I gotta give props to where props are due - my buddies Steve 'Magic' Marker & Andrew Doherty, as well as Goetz helping me iron this setup out.....

As for the PDF - it isn't allowing me to change my rear ride height and droop - they copy and paste each other.....so i am running 4.0mm ride height with 6.5mm uptravel

Love ya Man. Thanks for the props - it's all about the team. You know I'm proud to stand beside you each weekend and look forward to another weekend of racing with some of the best!!!

L8R AWD
__________________
"Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
"[Driving] Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration" -T.A. Edison
|◤Hobbywing◢|◤SpeedzoneUSA.com◢|◤Pro-One◢|
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|

Last edited by andrewdoherty; 10-02-2007 at 03:56 PM.
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 10:29 AM   #21963
Tech Elite
 
theisgroup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 3,191
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo View Post
I think I am ok with that....Stanton looked great this weekend.....
correction. stanton's car looked great, not sure we can say that about stanton himself. lol
__________________
yang lai

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 10:42 AM   #21964
Regional Moderator
 
Darkseid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: At my computer, duh...
Posts: 9,033
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys, I have a question about the set up sheets. Both the standard carpet set up sheet and McGoo's sheet, showed shims under the ballstud on the rear hub.(3mm standard, 4mm on McGoo's set up)

My question is how the heck you pull that off!

I can't see how you can get that many shims under the ballstud without the ball cup hitting the tire rim. Maybe 1mm...maybe. But 3-4mm???

I know I must be missing something here, so what is it...
__________________
TLR 22...Tamiya F104...
Darkseid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 10:59 AM   #21965
Tech Master
 
Mr. McGoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,627
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
Hey guys, I have a question about the set up sheets. Both the standard carpet set up sheet and McGoo's sheet, showed shims under the ballstud on the rear hub.(3mm standard, 4mm on McGoo's set up)

My question is how the heck you pull that off!

I can't see how you can get that many shims under the ballstud without the ball cup hitting the tire rim. Maybe 1mm...maybe. But 3-4mm???

I know I must be missing something here, so what is it...

use the long ball studs...it doesn't look like it will work but it does. Every now and then make sure that they haven't come loose.

I almost forgot....I had .75 shimms on the front hex and 2mm shims on the rear hex's.....it helped calm the car down quite a bit....

i will get a correct and complete setup sheet later on today.....

mm
__________________
Schumacher USA | SpeedMerchant | Team Tekin | eXpress | Parma/PSE | KOPROPO America | Team Tamale | Liposack.com
~Team McGoo - Not sure of next big race - A-Main or Bust!!!!
~~McGoo Creations - PM me for for a custom quote
Mr. McGoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:01 AM   #21966
Tech Master
 
Mr. McGoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,627
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW View Post
McGoo...SO you going to build my Birds car for me


j/k...AWESOME run sucka!
send it my way sucka!!!!! thanks for the props!!!!
__________________
Schumacher USA | SpeedMerchant | Team Tekin | eXpress | Parma/PSE | KOPROPO America | Team Tamale | Liposack.com
~Team McGoo - Not sure of next big race - A-Main or Bust!!!!
~~McGoo Creations - PM me for for a custom quote
Mr. McGoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:05 AM   #21967
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Northern Indiana
Posts: 323
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to adamliehr
Default

Hey Randy,

Shoot me an e-mail when you get a sec. I have a few questions for you.

aliehr@cantonbaptist.org

thanks in advance
adamliehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:05 AM   #21968
Tech Elite
 
theisgroup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 3,191
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
Hey guys, I have a question about the set up sheets. Both the standard carpet set up sheet and McGoo's sheet, showed shims under the ballstud on the rear hub.(3mm standard, 4mm on McGoo's set up)

My question is how the heck you pull that off!

I can't see how you can get that many shims under the ballstud without the ball cup hitting the tire rim. Maybe 1mm...maybe. But 3-4mm???

I know I must be missing something here, so what is it...

I beleive both setups are with the aluminum rear hubs. they are shorter. Basically you want to shim up to the rim of the tire. I beleive there is about a 1mm clearance. we were also using the new big wheel parma tires
__________________
yang lai

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:06 AM   #21969
Regional Moderator
 
Darkseid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: At my computer, duh...
Posts: 9,033
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theisgroup View Post
I beleive both setups are with the aluminum rear hubs. they are shorter. Basically you want to shim up to the rim of the tire. I beleive there is about a 1mm clearance. we were also using the new big wheel parma tires
Ahhhhhhhhhh......okay.
__________________
TLR 22...Tamiya F104...
Darkseid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:19 AM   #21970
Tech Regular
 
MagicMarker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: DFW-Texas
Posts: 310
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo View Post
Thanks for the props Kling - yeah the car was SO dialed....i was calling Jimmy Maddison collect over in the UK!!!!

This was the easiest and best car i have ever driven in my life. I felt 100% confident that I could place this car anywhere I wanted to. I feel like the Mi3 turned a few heads as well b/c of how good Goetz and my car was looking....

My third qualifier I was down to 11.1's, 11.2's and a string of 11.3's. It is so bitter sweet - I was only 5 seconds out of the A, 1.5 seconds out of the B and that put me 23rd qualifier....you gotta love national level stock racing!!!!

Dawgmeat - i would have agreed with that statement 2 weeks ago, but I only made 3 changes from my home track which is low-med bite. I went one softer spring rate in the back, took the arm sweep out in front, and took .5 toe out of the rear. Other than that - I was running exactly what I was running back home.

I feel confident that this setup is pretty going to be a great base point for anyone running foams. I gotta give props to where props are due - my buddies Steve 'Magic' Marker & Andrew Doherty, as well as Goetz helping me iron this setup out.....

As for the PDF - it isn't allowing me to change my rear ride height and droop - they copy and paste each other.....so i am running 4.0mm ride height with 6.5mm uptravel

Love ya Man. Thanks for the props - it's all about the team. You know I'm proud to stand beside you each weekend and look forward to another weekend of racing with some of the best!!!

L8R Marker
__________________
Team Schumacher USA - Team Trinity - Team McGoo Racing - Ken Graf/x - Mini Mafia [Dallas Chapter]
MagicMarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:30 AM   #21971
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,580
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theisgroup View Post
I beleive both setups are with the aluminum rear hubs. they are shorter. Basically you want to shim up to the rim of the tire. I beleive there is about a 1mm clearance. we were also using the new big wheel parma tires
The alloy rear hubs, the ones with 1 deg rear toe, require 1.5mm under the ball stud to make them the same as the standard hubs.

Skiddins
__________________
Xray T4'17, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2017
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:32 AM   #21972
Tech Elite
 
theisgroup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 3,191
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
The alloy rear hubs, the ones with 1 deg rear toe, require 1.5mm under the ball stud to make them the same as the standard hubs.

Skiddins
yeah, sorry, I was more thinking after all the shimming, that we had about 1mm between the top of the grippa and the wheel
__________________
yang lai

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:39 AM   #21973
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,580
Default

A handling question.

The following photo is of my car starting to go into the sweeper at West London, so flat out in 27t at that point (The Mi3 of course ).

When my car is on the table the bodyshell is almost dead level along it's bottom edge, yet in the photo the back end is virtually scraping the ground.
Although I did quite well at that meet and the car felt OK, does this indicate that there is something I should be looking at with regard to the handling, is the back biting/diving too much into the corner?



Here is the setup I used;
BTCC Mi3

Thanks
Skiddins
__________________
Xray T4'17, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2017
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:47 AM   #21974
Tech Master
 
Charles Godwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: UK (England)
Posts: 1,127
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Looks normal to me.
__________________
DXR | CML Distribution | Paint by Turnip Paint | TKRgraphics.com
Charles Godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:52 AM   #21975
Tech Elite
 
POUNDITRACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Newport, RI
Posts: 3,063
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

to my untrained eye it just looks like weight transfer.
__________________
Pound It Paints - http://www.rctech.net/forum/painting-designs-graphics-photography/270707-pound-paints-raymond-ramirez.html
RC Reveled - http://www.teamrcr.net
POUNDITRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Corner Dots anyone? RCGaryK Electric On-Road 19 07-03-2006 11:12 PM
On the Corner RC-HPI R/C Photography 0 08-02-2005 10:53 PM
Snowbirds Around the Corner scarecrow Florida Racing 20 01-27-2005 10:43 AM
1/12th Corner GT Racer Singapore R/C Racers 26 03-04-2004 06:59 AM
Shumacher Corner in Aus jamesbaxter_81 Australian Racing 6 01-08-2004 02:36 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:21 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net