Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Schumacher Corner >

Schumacher Corner

Schumacher Corner

Old 05-28-2002, 08:40 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

BigDog: Is that the version you use? Cool, I'll have to take a look. I too like the one with the graphics better. I only used the Word version because it was easier than running off a bunch of copies of the one out of the manual.
Old 05-28-2002, 08:47 AM
Regional Moderator

BigDog: Sweet!

That one is much better than the Word version.
Old 05-28-2002, 10:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Set-up sheets!!!

Thanks so much for the set-up sheets!!! Man is that a nice thing your club did!!!!
Old 05-28-2002, 10:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Ditto! Thanks! much better
Old 05-28-2002, 10:56 AM
Tech Master

Rear Wishbones on the front

If i remember correctly using the rear wishbones takes 4 deg off the total castor when using the same positions for the top wishbone. The current rear wishbones haven't got any steering lock stop though, so i wouldn't use them only some old Axis 1 bits if you can still find some.
Old 05-28-2002, 11:35 AM
Tech Champion

Talking On board!!!

Well, I am now Mission driver!!! I should receive my car in a week or so. Cannot wait to see how it feels!!! I have now raced the original MR4TC, the TC3 and tested with a XXXS. The Mission should be an altogether different beast!! From what I have read already here and what my buddy has shown me in set-ups-I have to throw out everything I have learned from my TC3!!! Not the general knowledge, but how I think about caster, shock positions, etc. SHould be a steep, but fun learning curve these next few months!!!
Old 05-28-2002, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Rayhaug- you're gonna love it, I promise. My Mission is so freakin fast at our club events that I am literally scared to touch the setup!! However, I'm beginning to get enough confidence to start trying to tweak it. I'm going to post my setup ASAP- Adrian and Atomic Ron helped me with the initial setup when I got the car and I haven't put a wrench to it since- no kiddin.

Dark- glad you liked it- you kinda hurt my feelings with that comment earlier especially considering it took me 3 tries to get it right and about 8 hours of work. It seems that a form field sheet built in the full version of Acrobat won't neccessarily run in the reader version.... gave me fits

Anyway, glad you guys like it- if you use it on a website, please put a link or something to our club's site. We need a little exposure.
Old 05-28-2002, 03:40 PM
Regional Moderator

BigDog: I could tell you weren't too happy about it. I hadn't viewed the one you did when I asked that. If I had, then I would have known what the difference was. So that was my bad.

Don't be afraid to change the setup. Record the settings, then you can always go back to it. Especially with that wonderful setup sheet you've created (I'm such a kiss up! ) Seriously though, I have tried about 4 different setups on my car, and none of them have lead to a bad ride(try that with the Xray T1). Some were better than others, but all of them were quality set ups.

So go ahead and start experimenting. You wont be disappointed.
Old 05-28-2002, 06:37 PM
Tech Champion

Talking Test!!!

darseid-I agree about testing, but I know exactly Big Dogs reasoning!!! If it aint broke-dont fix it!!! But, one year I raced so much and practiced so much-I could make a change in practice-do the exact same lap time, but the car was completely different set-up. Just one was fast in the junk and the other set-up was faster on top end, etc. Thats where I wish I was again in RC cars!!!! I am sure thats where all the Mod A-main guys are at!! Someday I'll get there again.

tell me one thing about Mission. Any idea why the car uses such a layed down shock set-up??? The recommended set-up in RC Car Action mag for carpet has them in #1 position. YOu never lay the shocks down that much with the TC3 and the XXXS. In fact- it think I do the exact opposite to my TC3 when i want to make the car carry more top speed in the corners. I had to do that when i ran my Penguin Yokomo MR4TC as well.
Old 05-28-2002, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Ray, I have tried shocks standing up and laying down. The car carries twice the corner speed laying down and does NOT suffer steering. This car is much different than other cars on the market. It seems that you do the exact opposite with this car in a lot of areas than what we did in the past with the TC3's and the Losi's. You will be happy. We'll get ya dialed in no time.

Rob Love
Old 05-28-2002, 09:17 PM
Tech Adept

If I buy a spring kit for the sst those are the sma eas the mission right? And could anyone please put a list a spring rates for the mission.
Thanks, Drew
Old 05-29-2002, 04:09 AM
Tech Elite

Someone told me that the Mission team drivers (in the Uk at least), are running the S1 chassis rather than the carbon one - perhaps because the flex makes the car more forgiving.

Is this true, or has anyone tried it out?
Old 05-29-2002, 07:50 AM
Regional Moderator

onaMission: Yes the SST springs are the same as the Mission springs.

softest to hardest:

Black-rate 6
Grey-rate 10
Blue-rate 15
Red-rate 20
Yellow-rate 25
Silver-rate 35 <- Doesn't come in the Spring tuning set
Old 05-29-2002, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by sosidge
Someone told me that the Mission team drivers (in the Uk at least), are running the S1 chassis rather than the carbon one - perhaps because the flex makes the car more forgiving.

Is this true, or has anyone tried it out?
Me thinks someone is leading you up the garden path!!

At the last national we were all running carbon. I don't know anyone who is running S1. i know someone has an S1 car, but it is built as a wet car so yes it will flex a bit in the wet low grip conditions,
Old 05-29-2002, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks Matt - it didn't sound right to me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.