R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-12-2007, 07:06 PM   #21601
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,385
Send a message via AIM to PW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Besercoe View Post
Only thingi am disapointed with so far is the weight of the car, running 5 cell, it is 1530. Thats a full cell (75g) over the 6 cell weight, let alone trying to tackle the 1350 under EFRA rules.
Many "LW" parts (bulkheads/steering post/layshaft/screws/ball-ends) are being worked on and will be released soon

I put the Titanium turnbuckle kit and screws on and my car is 1450g (LW body) which is our minimum weight here for 5-cell.
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:01 PM   #21602
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,934
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW View Post
Many "LW" parts (bulkheads/steering post/layshaft/screws/ball-ends) are being worked on and will be released soon

I put the Titanium turnbuckle kit and screws on and my car is 1450g (LW body) which is our minimum weight here for 5-cell.
my car is a bit on the light side What up PW? How are things in your neck of the woods?
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:08 PM   #21603
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,385
Send a message via AIM to PW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
my car is a bit on the light side What up PW? How are things in your neck of the woods?
Yeah, but your car is blue...and you call your self a Prince fan I see your boy followed over to the darkside

Things are going awesome!!!
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:14 PM   #21604
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 1,845
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW View Post
Yeah, but your car is blue...and you call your self a Prince fan I see your boy followed over to the darkside

Things are going awesome!!!
You know, the only drawback to all of this is I'm not allowed to make fun of him anymore because we are on the same team now.
__________________
SMC ( www.smc-racing.com the only place to order your batteries online.), Awesomatix, Gonzo Paints, BN Racing

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:15 PM   #21605
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 16,671
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW View Post
Yeah, but your car is blue...and you call your self a Prince fan I see your boy followed over to the darkside

Things are going awesome!!!
Dont tell me his boy has a 2 letter name..
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:18 PM   #21606
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,385
Send a message via AIM to PW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Caster View Post
Dont tell me his boy has a 2 letter name..
yep....
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:18 PM   #21607
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,934
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW View Post
Yeah, but your car is blue...and you call your self a Prince fan I see your boy followed over to the darkside

Things are going awesome!!!
First Teemu, Adrian, and now you. There's no one left for me to come home to....LOL

With the connections I have in So cal....my TC5 will be purple for the start of the carpet season
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:18 PM   #21608
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,934
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil View Post
You know, the only drawback to all of this is I'm not allowed to make fun of him anymore because we are on the same team now.
easy....lil one
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:25 PM   #21609
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 1,845
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
easy....lil one
Been called a lot of different things but "lil"??? See a eye doctor bro! LMAO!!!
__________________
SMC ( www.smc-racing.com the only place to order your batteries online.), Awesomatix, Gonzo Paints, BN Racing

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 09:24 PM   #21610
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 16,671
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW View Post
yep....
wow, bummer..
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 09:35 AM   #21611
Tech Champion
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,520
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

ok guys, not sure if i need help or just need to stop being lazy, local track (sir) installed carpet, outdoor pavement still going strong also, carpet on friday, pavement on sunday, last night i ran the car on carpet with pavement setup and on sorex premounted 28's, (spec tire for upcoming traveling point series) car starts of off good and as expected it traction rolls when tires get warm. not wanting to rebuild the shocks and make a tons of adjustments, any quick and easy tips to get the car to work, i do have the thick top deck, 2.5 chassis and 5 cell chassis, like i said, i'm just being lazy and not wanting to switch the car back in forth. oh and this was with a 10.5 brushless and madza 6 body. maybe i should build a carpet car and just use the medium arms for outdoor.
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:06 AM   #21612
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,682
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
ok guys, not sure if i need help or just need to stop being lazy, local track (sir) installed carpet, outdoor pavement still going strong also, carpet on friday, pavement on sunday, last night i ran the car on carpet with pavement setup and on sorex premounted 28's, (spec tire for upcoming traveling point series) car starts of off good and as expected it traction rolls when tires get warm. not wanting to rebuild the shocks and make a tons of adjustments, any quick and easy tips to get the car to work, i do have the thick top deck, 2.5 chassis and 5 cell chassis, like i said, i'm just being lazy and not wanting to switch the car back in forth. oh and this was with a 10.5 brushless and madza 6 body. maybe i should build a carpet car and just use the medium arms for outdoor.
Raise front roll centre, or to be really lazy, just spread superglue over the sidewall of the front tyres to stop them distorting during cornering.

Skiddins
__________________
Xray T4'17, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2017
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:51 AM   #21613
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 16,671
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

I dont have much rubber tire carpet racing experience, but if Im having problems with traction rolling I usually just go down a step on the rear springs and it takes care of it.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 12:05 PM   #21614
Tech Elite
 
POUNDITRACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Newport, RI
Posts: 3,063
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Almost done with the MI3. DIff and shocks left. I eather lost or it didn't come with 1 1mm aloy shim. Never built an on road car and wow are they different. Things look good and I'm taking my time.
__________________
Pound It Paints - http://www.rctech.net/forum/painting-designs-graphics-photography/270707-pound-paints-raymond-ramirez.html
RC Reveled - http://www.teamrcr.net
POUNDITRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 12:50 PM   #21615
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 16,671
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by POUNDITRACING View Post
Almost done with the MI3. DIff and shocks left. I eather lost or it didn't come with 1 1mm aloy shim. Never built an on road car and wow are they different. Things look good and I'm taking my time.
I have plenty of shims, I think I can probably spare one for ya.. Coming up Sunday?
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Corner Dots anyone? RCGaryK Electric On-Road 19 07-03-2006 11:12 PM
On the Corner RC-HPI R/C Photography 0 08-02-2005 10:53 PM
Snowbirds Around the Corner scarecrow Florida Racing 20 01-27-2005 10:43 AM
1/12th Corner GT Racer Singapore R/C Racers 26 03-04-2004 06:59 AM
Shumacher Corner in Aus jamesbaxter_81 Australian Racing 6 01-08-2004 02:36 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:59 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net