R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-06-2007, 01:17 PM   #21481
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4
Default trackpower

Anyone have a photo to see how trackpower fit into this model?
Is it possible?
Thanks..
federico.sa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:18 PM   #21482
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,673
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys, just got an e-mail with some cool new parts coming out, so I figured I'd spread the word so you can have the shops backorder them if anything sounds interesting.

First off I've been running a 35 tooth Tamiya pulley in the front of my car since the Reedy Race, this makes the car more aggressive going into the corners. Schumacher decided to put these into production, so the part #'s are U3253 for the spool and U3254 for the 1-way.

There are also going to be a lot of new lightweight parts coming out, bulkheads, layshaft, steering post, titanium screws and parts.. should be cool stuff and is coming soon.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 03:01 PM   #21483
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: England
Posts: 1,467
Send a message via ICQ to MattW
Default

Randy, is it generally small tracks that you've been running the overdrive pully?? I tried the new Schumacher on a big track on sunday. Just gave it 1 run, and it was "different". Defenetly something that is worth trying again, but i kind of got the impression that it would be more suited to small tracks.
MattW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 03:48 PM   #21484
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,673
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

I actually started running it at the Tamiya USA track which has a long straight into a sweeper. I was having troubles getting into the sweeper fast, but when I switched to the overdrive it helped swing the car into the corner. There are also a number of carousels at that track that I felt it really helped get around as well. There were points in that weekend where I really felt my car had more cornerspeed than anyone elses, and I do think it's the overdrive that helped me get into those corners as fast as I was. My fast laptime on that track went from 12.9 to 12.6 by changing only the front pulley.

In the past, I have liked the overdrive with double 1-ways more than anything though, so hopefully in the future we can get a center 1-way made for the car.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 07:29 PM   #21485
Tech Regular
 
MagicMarker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: DFW-Texas
Posts: 310
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Caster View Post
Hey guys, just got an e-mail with some cool new parts coming out, so I figured I'd spread the word so you can have the shops backorder them if anything sounds interesting.

First off I've been running a 35 tooth Tamiya pulley in the front of my car since the Reedy Race, this makes the car more aggressive going into the corners. Schumacher decided to put these into production, so the part #'s are U3253 for the spool and U3254 for the 1-way.

There are also going to be a lot of new lightweight parts coming out, bulkheads, layshaft, steering post, titanium screws and parts.. should be cool stuff and is coming soon.
Awesome!! Thanks for the headsup Randy and the part numbers.

L8R Marker
__________________
Team Schumacher USA - Team Trinity - Team McGoo Racing - Ken Graf/x - Mini Mafia [Dallas Chapter]
MagicMarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:47 PM   #21486
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by federico.sa View Post
Anyone have a photo to see how trackpower fit into this model?
Is it possible?
Thanks..
federico.sa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:24 PM   #21487
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Brisbane. Australia
Posts: 1,820
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

randy how far off these parts are like weeks or months? im ordering from schmacher usa? just wanna get my mi3 and all the nessacary stuff for aphsalt and some rims pinions spurs etc etc anything ill need?
__________________
Josh P
to make Keith happy
Corally phi
M11
SP GT
SP 5.5,17.5
aus jd 2703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:10 AM   #21488
Tech Master
 
Mr. McGoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,648
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus jd 2703 View Post
randy how far off these parts are like weeks or months? im ordering from schmacher usa? just wanna get my mi3 and all the nessacary stuff for aphsalt and some rims pinions spurs etc etc anything ill need?
I would just get the normal stuff, 2* & 4* Chubs, arms, steering blocks, hingpins, pdub bumper
__________________
XRAY | RCAMERICA | HUDY | Team Tamale
Mr. McGoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:30 AM   #21489
Tech Master
 
Mr. McGoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,648
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Alright guys - I am working with Larry from Team Tamale on having him make us up some front C-hubs - namely in 4*, 5*, & 6*. He has been making stuff for the Xray cars for quite some time. He uses the best aluminum available - the same stuff that is used on Boeing planes.

you can check out his website at www.teamtamale.com

His normal rates on a pair of chubs are $50 + shipping. I am just trying to get a head count on how many people would be interested.

just post here or shoot me a PM on what degree you would be interested in.

mcgoo
__________________
XRAY | RCAMERICA | HUDY | Team Tamale
Mr. McGoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:30 AM   #21490
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,673
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus jd 2703 View Post
randy how far off these parts are like weeks or months? im ordering from schmacher usa? just wanna get my mi3 and all the nessacary stuff for aphsalt and some rims pinions spurs etc etc anything ill need?
I dont know an exact ETA, but I would GUESS from the sound of things you might see some stuff arrive to the USA within the next month or so.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:48 AM   #21491
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,217
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Caster View Post
I dont know an exact ETA, but I would GUESS from the sound of things you might see some stuff arrive to the USA within the next month or so.
I was told this morning approx 30-45 days
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 11:40 AM   #21492
Tech Elite
 
UK.hardcore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Belgium.
Posts: 2,135
Default

well, a trakpower there is a problem, the plughole is under the bulkhead if you lay the pack where it has to be.

the orion carbon had the plug more on the outside and they fit fine.
__________________
A racecar is only as good as the mechanic who build it.
UK.hardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:05 PM   #21493
Tech Champion
 
JayBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 12TH-MAN COUNTRY
Posts: 6,814
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo View Post
Alright guys - I am working with Larry from Team Tamale on having him make us up some front C-hubs - namely in 4*, 5*, & 6*. He has been making stuff for the Xray cars for quite some time. He uses the best aluminum available - the same stuff that is used on Boeing planes.

you can check out his website at www.teamtamale.com

His normal rates on a pair of chubs are $50 + shipping. I am just trying to get a head count on how many people would be interested.

just post here or shoot me a PM on what degree you would be interested in.

mcgoo
Count me in for 2- 4*'s & both a 5*/6* Marc!
__________________
R C 3 G R A F I X _ F U S I O N . G R A P H I X _ S E A T T L E - R/C - R A C E R S _ E M E R A L D C I T Y R C . C O M

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:45 PM   #21494
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,673
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo View Post
Alright guys - I am working with Larry from Team Tamale on having him make us up some front C-hubs - namely in 4*, 5*, & 6*. He has been making stuff for the Xray cars for quite some time. He uses the best aluminum available - the same stuff that is used on Boeing planes.

you can check out his website at www.teamtamale.com

His normal rates on a pair of chubs are $50 + shipping. I am just trying to get a head count on how many people would be interested.

just post here or shoot me a PM on what degree you would be interested in.

mcgoo
I bet Goetz wouldnt mind a pair of 5*
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 08:24 AM   #21495
Tech Regular
 
stegger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Ellesmere port Cheshire UK
Posts: 296
Default

I will be using the lowered shock towers front and rear with the standard chassis. What top deck will people be using for a carpet setup on foams??? i was looking at the stiff U3148
stegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Corner Dots anyone? RCGaryK Electric On-Road 19 07-03-2006 11:12 PM
On the Corner RC-HPI R/C Photography 0 08-02-2005 10:53 PM
Snowbirds Around the Corner scarecrow Florida Racing 20 01-27-2005 10:43 AM
1/12th Corner GT Racer Singapore R/C Racers 26 03-04-2004 06:59 AM
Shumacher Corner in Aus jamesbaxter_81 Australian Racing 6 01-08-2004 02:36 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:17 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net