R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-18-2007, 10:17 PM   #21196
Tech Champion
 
Jon Kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,658
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

You really shouldn't need to overdrive a oneway. The overdrive Randy is running is just a 414 pulley built like a diff but with the diff balls taken out and locked down.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 03:24 AM   #21197
Tech Master
 
raving-monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: yorkshire, england.
Posts: 1,820
Send a message via MSN to raving-monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin lessard View Post
did you build them,tray em...and wait a long time to charge them?...if so there dead (garbage)...but maybe your peak detect to to low...put them at a 02-03 cutoff...but if they are warn at 500 seconds...then throw them away
Well its been a long time since i have raced (so sold all my gear) so i don't own a tray at this very moment in time.

So i built them but my step mother was working nights so couldn't really charge them. Got round to charging them and they were just being dodgey.

I can't really afford to be chucking 100+ in the bin, and considering i haven't even used them yet

Jon - Yes they are IB's, i believe they are the WC's but don't hold me on that.

This really is a shitter aint it. 2 weeks until the national and i have no cells

Thanks
Matt
raving-monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 03:38 AM   #21198
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Gold Coast Australia
Posts: 800
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Yeh...its to late now(probably).. BUT were they new cells? If so there was a dodgy batch of IBs ....try charging and dis charging them a couple of times...this helped the cells I had...as you now know DO NOT store IBs without charge.My system is to take the pack out of the car after a race,then put the cells away until the day before the next race day then take them down to 5.4 on the discharger.on race day I rack them then immediatly charge them for the race...this way they always have enough charge in them.If you do not have a rack then I suggest you discharge them on race morning and charge immediatley... hope this helps
Barger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 05:21 AM   #21199
Tech Master
 
raving-monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: yorkshire, england.
Posts: 1,820
Send a message via MSN to raving-monkey
Default

Hmm, the guy in the shop did mention something about a few dodgey packs but this was a fair while after i got mine.

I will try cycling them a few times and see how they go but it aint looking good
raving-monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 02:27 PM   #21200
Tech Master
 
raving-monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: yorkshire, england.
Posts: 1,820
Send a message via MSN to raving-monkey
Default

Right, sorry for annoying you all but just an update on the cell situation.

I charged and discharged all the cells once, then charged them and discharged them again to get some figures, they are just rough figures, not exact.

pack 1 - 2700 in, 2700 out

pack 2 - 800 in, 750 out

pack 3 - 825 in, 1000 out (how does that work out)

So it does look like all the packs are totally FUBARed, although pack 1 seems to be the least affected (i labelled them so i know which pack is which)

I don't know what im going to do, other than buy some new cells as the national is in 2 weeks time
raving-monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 02:51 PM   #21201
Tech Addict
 
m3ndo5a's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 600
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Set up

Thanks Justin for Setting the Mi3 Up today. It seem to be plenty fast....Just need to grab alittle more steering.......See ya at the Wood.
m3ndo5a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 05:15 PM   #21202
Tech Champion
 
Jon Kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,658
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raving-monkey View Post
Right, sorry for annoying you all but just an update on the cell situation.

I charged and discharged all the cells once, then charged them and discharged them again to get some figures, they are just rough figures, not exact.

pack 1 - 2700 in, 2700 out

pack 2 - 800 in, 750 out

pack 3 - 825 in, 1000 out (how does that work out)

So it does look like all the packs are totally FUBARed, although pack 1 seems to be the least affected (i labelled them so i know which pack is which)

I don't know what im going to do, other than buy some new cells as the national is in 2 weeks time
Unfortunately that's really all you can do. IB cells are so fragile and unpredictable. Even leaving charge in them doesn't always work. Kind of one of the reasons I've been doing so much nitro racing lately.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 05:49 PM   #21203
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 16,671
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Kerr View Post
You really shouldn't need to overdrive a oneway. The overdrive Randy is running is just a 414 pulley built like a diff but with the diff balls taken out and locked down.
I made the pulleys work on our new spool now actually
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 06:13 PM   #21204
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,121
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Ran my MI3 today in 19t at 301 Raceway where they are holding the Regional 2 race next weekend. Car was pretty good all day but the 3rd round and mains the car was dialed. Working on the setup all day and hope to fine tune it a little during the Regionals. If it continues to work well next week I will try to get the setup written up and posted. Car was very easy to drive all day and never did anything funny like break loose out of the blue.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 09:50 PM   #21205
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,949
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Congrats to Mo for taking the win in the dust bowl today. Wish I could have made it out of the first corner to race with you.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 10:16 PM   #21206
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 537
Default

pdub, great info on using the mi2ec arms on the mi3, i tried them at speedworld fri night, gained 4/10ths a lap... finished 3rd in the main.( this was with a castor block that i broke on the warm up laps)

i tried them again sat at norcal, unfortunately tho i broke a front and rear arm,(on 2 separate runs) had to go back to the reg arms. i will be ordering the new arms when they get in...
gdcopbdcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 04:32 AM   #21207
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,705
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdcopbdcop View Post
pdub, great info on using the mi2ec arms on the mi3, i tried them at speedworld fri night, gained 4/10ths a lap... finished 3rd in the main.( this was with a castor block that i broke on the warm up laps)

i tried them again sat at norcal, unfortunately tho i broke a front and rear arm,(on 2 separate runs) had to go back to the reg arms. i will be ordering the new arms when they get in...
Why do the EC arms help?
__________________
Xray T4'18, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2018
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 05:23 AM   #21208
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,393
Send a message via AIM to PW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
Why do the EC arms help?
The additional flex seems to be giving the car more overall traction and they are lighter as a added bonus We will have to see how the newer flexy Mi3 arms work once they come out.
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 05:31 AM   #21209
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 5,058
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
Ran my MI3 today in 19t at 301 Raceway where they are holding the Regional 2 race next weekend. Car was pretty good all day but the 3rd round and mains the car was dialed. Working on the setup all day and hope to fine tune it a little during the Regionals. If it continues to work well next week I will try to get the setup written up and posted. Car was very easy to drive all day and never did anything funny like break loose out of the blue.
Awesome run yesterday Brian. The car was on rails.

Tim's Mi3 was awesome yesterday also.

Mi3 is going to have a great showing this weekend.
__________________
Steve Walter
Sweep Racing USA/ Speed Passion USA/ Karens Famous Cookies (Transporter)
SRW141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 06:25 AM   #21210
Tech Champion
 
ROBORAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: JP Raceway
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ROBORAT
Default

will the mi2 steel cvd bones be a direct fit to the mi3? sorry if this is a dumb question. its just that there's a source locally for the steel cvd bones and would be good to know if these actually work on the mi3.

thanks in advance.
__________________
[YOKOMO BD7][REEDY RACING][TEAM ORION]
[Sanwa][LRP][Protoform]

http://www.hobbyhaven.com.my/
ROBORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Corner Dots anyone? RCGaryK Electric On-Road 19 07-03-2006 11:12 PM
On the Corner RC-HPI R/C Photography 0 08-02-2005 10:53 PM
Snowbirds Around the Corner scarecrow Florida Racing 20 01-27-2005 10:43 AM
1/12th Corner GT Racer Singapore R/C Racers 26 03-04-2004 06:59 AM
Shumacher Corner in Aus jamesbaxter_81 Australian Racing 6 01-08-2004 02:36 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
ImacFanatic
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:13 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net