R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-01-2007, 12:43 AM   #21016
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Albany, OR
Posts: 244
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys I'm going to be getting a MI2EC real soon and was wanting to know a good setup for rubber/carpet. I would of got a MI3 but since its been over 10 years since I raced carpet I fugred I would go cheap to get back into it for now. How hard would it be to setup up to run stock and 19t with the same chass? Just switch motors or would I need to mess with the setup. I have been racing offroad 1/10th and my MGT so this should be a fun learning curve lol. I almost forgot the track I'm going to race at doesnt carry schumacher parts so I was wondering what spares I should buy first hand to start with because everyone there mainly races Xrays and I hate to be trendy lol. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by ManiacMagoo; 08-01-2007 at 08:44 AM.
ManiacMagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:32 AM   #21017
Tech Addict
 
John_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Scotland
Posts: 724
Default

http://www.racing-cars.com/images/Te...uss_cw_19t.pdf
Theres a link to a rubber carpet 19t setup. For spares i would get driveshaft blades, a few pares of c-hubs and a pair of front and rear wishbones and a front and rear belt. In a year of running i have never broken any other parts than the ones listed and i am known to be a durability tester hope this helps
John_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:34 AM   #21018
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 16,668
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMagoo View Post
Hey guys I'm going to be getting a MI2EC real soon and was wanting to know a good setup for rubber/carpet. I would of got a MI3 but since its been over 10 years since I raced carpet I fugred I would go cheap to get back into it for now. How hard would it be to setup up to run stock and 19t with the same chass? Just switch motors or would I need to mess with the setup. I have been racing offroad 1/10th and my MGT so this should be a fun learning curve lol. I almost forgot the track I'm going to race at doesnt carry schumacher parts so I was wondering what spares I should buy first hand to start with because everyone there mainly races Xrays and I hate to be trendy lol. Thanks in advance.
I'm sure Weilin's 19 turn rubber setup from the '06 IIC is on the website, and that is the one you want to be running for sure. It will work fine for 19 turn and stock, just change the motors and gearing and you'll be set. Pick up spare arms, hubs, knuckles, and basically anything that wears with time so you'll have it anyway. The cars are durable but you never know if your gonna get hit or not..
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:52 AM   #21019
Tech Elite
 
seaball's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 4,303
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Caster View Post
I'll just build it to Goetz's setup unless he wants to chime in with some much needed changes
much needed? nah, but so far i like the roll centers (hingepin heights) 1mm higher than listed when using the pro-53's. this helps give a little more camber gain as well which seems good in low bite or if you drop dampening. i think you can do xray33# up front after this change, especially for mod. maybe even a step softer (schu purple).

that's all i got for now. that should all be close depending on execution.
__________________
*** The Gate II - Home of Mike Wise ***
seaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:05 PM   #21020
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 5,058
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I'm going to start running carpet late this month. I should have today the extra stiff upper deck. I will get a Mohawk body. I run at "The Track" Gaithersburg, MD. medium bite carpet most of the time. I guess I should order 1 degree rear hubs and the lowered shock towers yet.

I have one more big asphalt race left at the end of the month. Then to carpet.
__________________
Steve Walter
Sweep Racing USA/ Speed Passion USA/ Karens Famous Cookies (Transporter)
SRW141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:58 PM   #21021
Tech Elite
 
olhipster1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Asgard
Posts: 3,922
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to olhipster1
Default MI-3

I just wanted to see if anyone in the Schui thread is interested...

I'm selling off my MI-3 with parts.
http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=175050
__________________
everything is Cause and effect
every Action has a reaction.
"I drank too much wine - I must take a p!ss"
CAUSE and EFFECT
olhipster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 12:29 AM   #21022
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 16,668
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaball View Post
much needed? nah, but so far i like the roll centers (hingepin heights) 1mm higher than listed when using the pro-53's. this helps give a little more camber gain as well which seems good in low bite or if you drop dampening. i think you can do xray33# up front after this change, especially for mod. maybe even a step softer (schu purple).

that's all i got for now. that should all be close depending on execution.
Cool deal, I'll have it running soon and see how I like it..
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 08:21 AM   #21023
Tech Master
 
Ron Goetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Goatsville, PA
Posts: 1,950
Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to Ron Goetter
Default

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
__________________
The Goat... B-Mainer Fo' life
-Awesomatix USA-ROCHE USA-Team CRC-ORCA-SIDE PIECE RACING-TEAM DAK-EA Motorsports-VP Fuel-Trains and Lanes-CR Graphics-TQ Wire-Horsham RC-rugburn anyone?
Shut up and Race!!!!
Ron Goetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 09:30 AM   #21024
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: maryland
Posts: 3,972
Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy..maddison View Post
has anyone run the new jaco rubber tyre yet?


thanks jimmy
i have and they hold up very well
__________________
comming soon MOTORHEAD RC MOTORSPORTS...........
BILL.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 01:23 PM   #21025
Tech Elite
 
Customworksking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Springfield ILLINOIS
Posts: 3,615
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Wink 2007 iic

# 3 done 2 more to go for iic speed 6
Attached Thumbnails
Schumacher Corner-dscf0704iiic.jpg   Schumacher Corner-dscf0705iic.jpg  
Customworksking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 06:24 PM   #21026
Tech Elite
 
andrewdoherty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ★Wylie, TX★
Posts: 3,765
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Congrats to Marc McGurren, Mr. Mcgoo for wheeling the Mi3 to a TQ and *almost* win today! Now if they just made a 38.75 tooth pinion to keep him from thermaling 10ft from the finishline we could take the *almost* out!! This schui is unreal on carpet!!
__________________
"Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
"[Driving] Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration" -T.A. Edison
|◤Hobbywing◢|◤SpeedzoneUSA.com◢|◤Pro-One◢|
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 07:06 PM   #21027
Tech Elite
 
Customworksking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Springfield ILLINOIS
Posts: 3,615
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty View Post
Congrats to Marc McGurren, Mr. Mcgoo for wheeling the Mi3 to a TQ and *almost* win today! Now if they just made a 38.75 tooth pinion to keep him from thermaling 10ft from the finishline we could take the *almost* out!! This schui is unreal on carpet!!
what were they running rubber or foam ?
Customworksking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 09:08 PM   #21028
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 16,668
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

I had great results again today at the club race with a TQ and win in mod. Seems like I make a ton of changes to the car and keep going back to my exact Reedy Race setup, guess I got it right the first time, lol.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 09:23 PM   #21029
Tech Elite
 
Customworksking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Springfield ILLINOIS
Posts: 3,615
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Caster View Post
I had great results again today at the club race with a TQ and win in mod. Seems like I make a ton of changes to the car and keep going back to my exact Reedy Race setup, guess I got it right the first time, lol.
Hello Randy good job with the tq and win ...I am looking at your ROAR Nats setup sheet u didn't list what track rod u used also did u use the alum rear hubs with the insert if so what 1 from the looks of it it would be 1.5deg..How do u feel this setup will work on low bite carpet 19t rubber..in the driver notes u run a 414 front drive pully can u tell me more about why..I also now see u used the med width/short steering plate i assume it is the 2nd plate but u didn't check it thanks for your help I will be running it soon and I want to know how to interpret the set-up sheets!
Customworksking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 09:53 PM   #21030
Tech Champion
 
Jon Kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,658
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

I can tell you the 414 pulley is 1 tooth smaller than the stock pulleys. It allows the front tires to be overdriven. It usually give a lot of steering. Something Losi does on their cars.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Corner Dots anyone? RCGaryK Electric On-Road 19 07-03-2006 11:12 PM
On the Corner RC-HPI R/C Photography 0 08-02-2005 10:53 PM
Snowbirds Around the Corner scarecrow Florida Racing 20 01-27-2005 10:43 AM
1/12th Corner GT Racer Singapore R/C Racers 26 03-04-2004 06:59 AM
Shumacher Corner in Aus jamesbaxter_81 Australian Racing 6 01-08-2004 02:36 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:17 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net