Schumacher Corner

You're on Page 1392 of 1849
Go to
  • Quote: Also, for anyone having problems with wheel nuts coming loose, order Hot Bodies part #61092 I have been running the same 4 nuts since the RROC and havent had a single one loosen up one bit.
    Or try 'blue threadlock'
    .........Nice meeting you Randy and I thought your car looked pretty damn good. Nice driving dood
  • Be careful using thread lock on your wheel nuts. I've seen it react strange with some wheels and weaken the center and cause them to break.
  • The wheel nut problem has been there since the early missions. Just buy some cheap ones at the local hardware store, they'll do the job. They aint pruple though...

And no, the Hot Bodies ones dosen't work either...5 times of screwing on/unscrewing and the RF fell off.
  • Quote: Be careful using thread lock on your wheel nuts. I've seen it react strange with some wheels and weaken the center and cause them to break.
    Weird Okay I retract my suggestion LOL...I don't wanna be the blame for that.
  • I'm not saying it will happen for sure. I used to use that trick all the time, then, I think it was on the older hard RP wheels when we first started using them, I had the center break out of a wheel on one of the first runs. I looked at the others and there were stress marks on the wheel under the wheel nut. I tried not using thread lock after that and never had another problem.
  • Quote: The wheel nut problem has been there since the early missions. Just buy some cheap ones at the local hardware store, they'll do the job. They aint pruple though...

And no, the Hot Bodies ones dosen't work either...5 times of screwing on/unscrewing and the RF fell off.
    I've been using the same Hotbodies wheel nuts on my cars for 5 months with no problems. I take my wheels off after every run. After this long it still hard to get them off. Don't belive the hype
  • Quote: The wheel nut problem has been there since the early missions. Just buy some cheap ones at the local hardware store, they'll do the job. They aint pruple though...

Trust me, that part # that I gave you will not fall off. It's not a locknut, it's a serrated nut, no nylon to wear out.
  • Quote: Or try 'blue threadlock'
    .........Nice meeting you Randy and I thought your car looked pretty damn good. Nice driving dood
    Nice meeting you too JayBee, hope to see you at some races in the future.
  • Quote: Trust me, that part # that I gave you will not fall off. It's not a locknut, it's a serrated nut, no nylon to wear out.
    I know, staring at it right now on the shelf

Could've been the wheel though, Take Off wheels are known to be on the scruffy side (thank GOD i dont have to run their tires anymore!)
  • Quote: I know, staring at it right now on the shelf

Could've been the wheel though, Take Off wheels are known to be on the scruffy side (thank GOD i dont have to run their tires anymore!)
    haha, guess ya gotta crank it down harder next time!
  • Quote: Yes, running a spool. I'm already at 3 degrees rear toe. 2 degrees inboard, one degree outboard.
    This is one of your oversteer problems. Go back to 0deg rear hubs and put all 3deg toe in the hinge-pins.

The Parma M body will also lock in your car
  • For a asphault one way set up on a huge track. i know more rear tow and mabe more caster anything else thanks
  • For anyone running Novak brushless, what's a good FDR for a 10.5SS with a 114t spur...tight indoor asphalt track BTW
  • Quote: For a asphault one way set up on a huge track. i know more rear tow and mabe more caster anything else thanks

i'll be running on a large outdoor track this sunday, i'll be using the same setup as at nats with the one way, i'll let you know how it works.
  • Quote: For anyone running Novak brushless, what's a good FDR for a 10.5SS with a 114t spur...tight indoor asphalt track BTW
    we gear the 13.5 to a 5.2, what ever the instructions say for the 13.5 convert it to the instructions for the 10.5, i'll be there friday night to help.