R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Good job Randy. You are my hero
Thanks for the laughs Prince!
Old 07-18-2007, 12:15 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Anyone tried to fit Schumacher's new LIPO (RC Core 5000 ) into an Mi3 yet ?
Old 07-18-2007, 12:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by heavy
Hopefully Schumacher has

Sorry too easy that one.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teammidget lilB
whats the biggest spur you can put on a mi3
Brian, I think 118, due to the MI3's special 2 bolt mounting system of the spur.

Originally Posted by heavy
I have one mounted, I removed the balance charging wires to make it slid under the rear bulkhead easier, fits great....only problem is adding almost 100 grams of weight to make it legal weight of 1525 grams.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
What is wrong with the spool? What do you need it to do that it isn't doing. I think the Nats track is as tight as it gets and very few people were even trying 1-ways.
This is on a small carpet track running rubber tires. My biggest issue is with corner entry and mid-corner (off throttle) oversteer/lack of rear grip. I have to really baby the car into the high speed corners to keep it from spinning out. Increasing front dampening seems to help but makes the car push on corner exit/on throttle. My setup is very close to the kit build instructions with 30wt oil all the way around and 15lb front/12.5lb rear springs.

I'm also having problems keeping the front wheels tight. Has anyone else had this issue? I've tried several sets of flanged locking nuts and with or without front wheel spacers and it still does it. Theres plenty of axle sticking out for the nylon insert to grab. I've only run Speedmind wheels. I haven't had this issue
running these wheels on other cars.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by qwkpony
This is on a small carpet track running rubber tires. My biggest issue is with corner entry and mid-corner (off throttle) oversteer/lack of rear grip. I have to really baby the car into the high speed corners to keep it from spinning out. Increasing front dampening seems to help but makes the car push on corner exit/on throttle. My setup is very close to the kit build instructions with 30wt oil all the way around and 15lb front/12.5lb rear springs.

I'm also having problems keeping the front wheels tight. Has anyone else had this issue? I've tried several sets of flanged locking nuts and with or without front wheel spacers and it still does it. Theres plenty of axle sticking out for the nylon insert to grab. I've only run Speedmind wheels. I haven't had this issue
Are you running a spool? Someone earlier said about adding more rear toe. Or try to put some pro-squat (kickup) in the rear. That also adds rear bite on exit. Adding rear toe adds drag. Maybe stiffer front sway bar would help.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SRW141
Are you running a spool? Someone earlier said about adding more rear toe. Or try to put some pro-squat (kickup) in the rear. That also adds rear bite on exit. Adding rear toe adds drag. Maybe stiffer front sway bar would help.
Yes, running a spool. I'm already at 3 degrees rear toe. 2 degrees inboard, one degree outboard.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Yes, running a spool. I'm already at 3 degrees rear toe. 2 degrees inboard, one degree outboard.
If you have a diff I'd try that. I would also definitely try the kick up in the rear. E-mail me and I'll send you what I am running for rubber tires on low traction carpet. That goes for anyone intersted.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I was having the same issues on a small carpet track. I made the rear camber link longer by moving to the outside hole on the rear hub and spacing the ball stud up 1mm and spacing down the inside camber ball stud 2mm over stock and moving the whole mount in 2mm on the bulk head. Making the rear link longer will slow down the rear of the car and make it easier to control when it does break free. I also moved the arms all the way back in the rear. You can lower the rear arms down 1mm all the way around that will help. Also what body are you running?
Old 07-18-2007, 07:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
If you have a diff I'd try that. I would also definitely try the kick up in the rear. E-mail me and I'll send you what I am running for rubber tires on low traction carpet. That goes for anyone intersted.
My email address is [email protected] . Unfortunetly, SchuUSA has my diff on backorder.
Body is a PF Mazda Speed6.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:01 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teammidget lilB
whats the biggest spur you can put on a mi3
brian the 118 is plenty of spur even if you are using the 3.5 brushless motor
Old 07-18-2007, 02:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

My email address is [email protected] . Unfortunetly, SchuUSA has my diff on backorder.
Body is a PF Mazda Speed6.
i'm not expert with setups on the Mi3 (yet) but i had a over steering problem at nats and that was with the regualr mazda 6 body, i switched to the DNA-1 and turned down the end point on my radio and all was good.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Wink

I have a few things u can try
1st how do u dope your tires ? go full back and 1/4 frt and work out
2nd droop frt and rear try 5mm uptravle frt & 5mm rear and work down on the rear ie 4mm
3rd go up all the way around on your spring rate.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:01 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

For carpet tracks I'd actually make the switch to a 1-way, I thought you were running on asphalt. Get the bag of ackerman plates that Schumacher has for the Mi3 and run a shorter plate, this will take a way a little of the initial steering and make the car easier to drive, I actually had to make the change at the nats to calm the car down a bit. PDub just sent me a draft of my Nats setup to look over and everything looked good on it, so it will be posted on the website soon I'm sure, the Nats were on high bite asphalt, to me it really felt like carpet, so the setup may just work for you.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:03 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Also, for anyone having problems with wheel nuts coming loose, order Hot Bodies part #61092 I have been running the same 4 nuts since the RROC and havent had a single one loosen up one bit.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.