R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-09-2007, 08:32 AM   #20671
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhayyim View Post
Not to an Xray...they make sure to make the strongest most realiable parts, like diffs/outdrives, axles, dogbones, pins, arms, etc...parts that are most often prone to break in hard crashes, Xray makes sure that on their cars these are of the highest strength and quality to minimize damage...its something Schumacher and everyone else can learn from. Why should it take HB CYclone 3 versions of their car to finally get some decent strength CVD's, diffs, diff screws? Schumacher got the HD Spool right the first time fo the Mi3, and its very strong and durable...so why not put the same thought and effort into the axles, bones, pins, and every else that needs reinforcements? The Arms on the MI3 are very strong- just as strong and durable as Xray or Yokomo arms. Put so far, I have found that the inner hinge pins are weak, and the bone pins snap pretty easily or keep getting loose, and we the users have to get stuck inprovising on ways to make the parts work, like dremmeling the pins so that the set screws "sit" when tightened and the pins stay in place...Why should we be left modifying parts or make adjustments to them for them to work? These things should be taken care of ASAP by Schumacher, not us....its frustrating- but worse...the cost of having to replace the weak cvd's or bones/pins...ouch!! Same thing goes for other cars, and it really sucks when you have to be shaving off caster blocks, cutting axles, top decks, motor mounts, bulkheads, shocks, etc to get the car to work right...if the cars are made right, none of these head aches would emmerge...Now Schumacher's MI3 is a great car w/ a great design. It just seems that there are little pesky issues in the details of some parts. And that's what we hope to see fixed immediately...its just that for me personally, after driving Xray's for some time, these issues are new to me and messing with parts to ge them to work right was not something I had to do with my old Xray T2's...
I just switched to the MI3 after years with XRAY (since the T1 with pillow ball suspension) and I have to say that Xray has problems also. The blades need replacing after every few runs with a spool, the driveshafts bend and or break in a front end collision, screws pull out of front steering knuckles and rear hubs. So to say an Xray is without teething problems is incorrect. I have yet to break any part on the MI3 that wasn't due to my error, not the manufacture. And I believe it is much easier to deal with Schumacher USA about these small problems than with Xray. Just my .02 cents............

Last edited by Tim Kowal; 07-09-2007 at 08:37 AM. Reason: spelling
Tim Kowal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:34 AM   #20672
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to teammidget lilB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Kowal View Post
I just switched to the MI3 after years with XRAY (since the T1 with pillow ball suspension) and I have to say that Xray has problems also. The blades need replacing after every few runs with a spool, the driveshafts bend and or break in a front end collision, screws pull out of front steering knuckles and rear hubs. So to say an Xray is without teething problems is incorrect. I have yet to break any part on the MI3 that wasn't due to my error, not the manufacture. And I believe it is much easier to deal with Schumacher USA about these small problems than with Xray. Just my .02 cents............
WORD

U.S. Army @ Camp Humphreys, South Korea
teammidget lilB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:42 AM   #20673
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Kowal View Post
100% AGREE I've owned a Schumacher TC for about 14 months now. Service has been great. I haven't had much problem with the cars at all. The only time something breaks is when I hit something. After every weekend of racing you need to do maintence of your race car and check to see if your pins are coming loose. Sometimes you need to check them after every qualifier. Just like every car you own.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:59 AM   #20674
Tech Addict

I got an xray 007 to try untill the mi3 came out to replace my aging mi2 ec. The first problem i had was seized bearings. The second problem i had was 2 broken bulkheads!!! i would have imagined the shock tower to break before the bulkheads at least. All in all i have never had a problem with my mi2 ec exept for the driveshaft pins but this was easily solved with steel driveshafts
John_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:08 AM   #20675
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhayyim View Post
Not to an Xray...they make sure to make the strongest most realiable parts, like diffs/outdrives, axles, dogbones, pins, arms, etc...parts that are most often prone to break in hard crashes, Xray makes sure that on their cars these are of the highest strength and quality to minimize damage...its something Schumacher and everyone else can learn from. Why should it take HB CYclone 3 versions of their car to finally get some decent strength CVD's, diffs, diff screws? Schumacher got the HD Spool right the first time fo the Mi3, and its very strong and durable...so why not put the same thought and effort into the axles, bones, pins, and every else that needs reinforcements? The Arms on the MI3 are very strong- just as strong and durable as Xray or Yokomo arms. Put so far, I have found that the inner hinge pins are weak, and the bone pins snap pretty easily or keep getting loose, and we the users have to get stuck inprovising on ways to make the parts work, like dremmeling the pins so that the set screws "sit" when tightened and the pins stay in place...Why should we be left modifying parts or make adjustments to them for them to work? These things should be taken care of ASAP by Schumacher, not us....its frustrating- but worse...the cost of having to replace the weak cvd's or bones/pins...ouch!! Same thing goes for other cars, and it really sucks when you have to be shaving off caster blocks, cutting axles, top decks, motor mounts, bulkheads, shocks, etc to get the car to work right...if the cars are made right, none of these head aches would emmerge...Now Schumacher's MI3 is a great car w/ a great design. It just seems that there are little pesky issues in the details of some parts. And that's what we hope to see fixed immediately...its just that for me personally, after driving Xray's for some time, these issues are new to me and messing with parts to ge them to work right was not something I had to do with my old Xray T2's...
At least Schumacher USA has parts and warranty replacements, Good luck finding parts for the competitions new cars.
Team Driver For:
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Schumacher USA[/COLOR]
e[COLOR="DarkOrange"]X[COLOR="Black"]press Motorsports[/COLOR][/COLOR] "You've Been Tagged!!"
John's [COLOR="Red"]BSR [COLOR="Black"]Racing Tires[/COLOR][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]MW [/FONT][/COLOR]Designs
TXD Skin Graphix "Skin 2 Win!!"
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]Final Thoughts Racing[/COLOR]
Static_racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:13 AM   #20676
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static_racing View Post
At least Schumacher USA has parts and warranty replacements, Good luck finding parts for the competitions new cars.
Great point Mike. Schumacher has always stepped up with faulty parts. And the only ones has been the CVD's pins. When I bought my Mi2 EC and was breaking pins, Paul sent me the stronger pins. On my Mi3, one of my front cvd pins come loose after every couple runs. You just need to check them. When I owned a Xray they would never send me replacements of faulty parts.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:18 AM   #20677
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_S View Post
I got an xray 007 to try untill the mi3 came out to replace my aging mi2 ec. The first problem i had was seized bearings.
I forgot all about those damn bearings, besides seizing, they ruined the plastic parts they melted which no one had at track, end my day early. That was even after I had lubed them as instructed and only after about 10minutes run time.
Tim Kowal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:51 AM   #20678
Tech Initiate

Hi PW, current setup as follows:

Chassis: Std 2mm
Top Deck: Stiff

Front:

Servo Saver: No
Screw block spacers: Front - 1mm Rear - 1,5mm
Wishbone Clips: Front - 2mm Rear - 2mm
Link washers horizontal: 3mm
Anti-roll bar: 1.2mm
Camber: 1,5 Deg
Link washers vertical: 3mm
Pivot block spacers: Front - 1mm Rear - 1mm
Wishbone shock position: outer
Shock bracket: most outer hole
Blue spring & 35 oil
Centre track rod is kit std
Hub has steering link on outer hole

Rear:

Screw block spacers: Front - 1,5mm Rear - 2,5mm
Wishbone Clips: Front - 2mm Rear - 2mm
Link washers horizontal: 3mm
Anti-roll bar: 1.2mm
Camber: 1,5 Deg
Link washers vertical: 4mm
Pivot block spacers: Front - 2mm Rear - 2mm
Hub has link on inner hole with a 1mm spacer.
Wishbone shock position: 2nd from outer
Shock bracket: most outer hole
White spring & 35 oil

Car feels very twitchy, tail swings out and very loose with 35 tires.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Last edited by psychosilence; 07-10-2007 at 10:43 AM.
psychosilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:52 AM   #20679
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to Ron Goetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchsterbrau View Post
the CVD's are faulty. i hit nothing at all. normal driving killed it.
no point blaming driver fault, the part is faulty. confirmed here too.
this was an australian purchase......
so we are left with the UK div dealing with it.
sloooooooooooooow mooooooooootion british.

it's been a real bad experience in total after paying so much
and getting no driving time in over a month of purchase.

all i can say is, if you're thinking about buying one. don't.
it's too much to pay for no racing time. the chassis i received is a total blem.
i am left with nothing to use, after selling other chassis to buy it.
? did you build the arm mounts like the book shows. if you didn't the car will end up being like 200mm and the pins will be half way out of the drive cups..

If you go back threw a couple of pages (probly like 25) you'll find other people have done the same thing..
Ron Goetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:53 AM   #20680
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

The Service that Schumacher & PW provide and excellent and go beyond what most manufactures provide. On top of that PW also is on Tech helping guys out along with other Team Schumacher drivers. If you need help and support Schumacher is an excellent choice.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:32 PM   #20681
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to olhipster1
Default CS service

Schui's US customer service is bar none the best out there..
i've called with a few questions...they made time to answer them..

when I was placing orders...they suggested to take of certain parts from the list since I would NOT need them for carpet. No other company has does that before for me.

had a shock tower that was frayed in the box, my guess during shipping...
they sent a replacement out.. the only question they asked was "what was my address" shipped priority... zero charge.

try and get that from Xray...?????? last time i called Xray for a part problem..they pretty much just ignored it. Remember the bulkheads weren't even...had to shim out to get equal width....Never heard from them again.
CAUSE and EFFECT
olhipster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:36 PM   #20682
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Just got done building my 5 cell car for the Nats, figured it's as clean as it'll ever be so I might as well take a couple pics before it gets packed for the trip to SIR.
Attached Thumbnails
Schumacher Corner-img00106.jpg   Schumacher Corner-img00107.jpg   Schumacher Corner-img00108.jpg  
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:42 PM   #20683
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Wink xray

Quote:
Originally Posted by olhipster1 View Post
Schui's US customer service is bar none the best out there..
i've called with a few questions...they made time to answer them..

when I was placing orders...they suggested to take of certain parts from the list since I would NOT need them for carpet. No other company has does that before for me.

had a shock tower that was frayed in the box, my guess during shipping...
they sent a replacement out.. the only question they asked was "what was my address" shipped priority... zero charge.

try and get that from Xray...?????? last time i called Xray for a part problem..they pretty much just ignored it. Remember the bulkheads weren't even...had to shim out to get equal width....Never heard from them again.
The only thing xray has is Paul L the last race at trackside Paul helped me every time i asked in total say 3hrs + he did it for everyone for 3 days on his own time...
Customworksking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:46 PM   #20684
Tech Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Caster View Post
figured it's as clean as it'll ever be so I might as well take a couple pics before it gets packed for the trip to SIR.
the blackness is killer, sir. i too, shall unleash mine in a few weeks.
seaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:02 PM   #20685
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaball View Post
the blackness is killer, sir. i too, shall unleash mine in a few weeks.
I really don't think I want to see what you have to unleash.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote