Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Schumacher Corner >

Schumacher Corner

Schumacher Corner

Old 06-21-2007, 08:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
The front vertical camber link you have at 1mm instead of 2mm? That could have a little to do just because it's going to give you more steering and more grip with the front end. And if conditions make for a loose race car, that will accentuate it. Is the rear end loose going into the corner, coming out, or everywhere? Does it have kind of a "pushy loose" feeling like the front end slides to a point and then the rear whips around?
yes that is exactly it, what can i do about that?
Old 06-21-2007, 08:21 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo
as AWD said, I have been running the REALLY tight diff with alot of success. We run on really low traction, and when i was at another track - the spool worked best there.

my diff is super tight - it just gives a little if needed. when you hand turn the front wheels, it actually turns all 4 wheels just like a spool....this really helped calm the front end down.
Thanks. I'll see how I like it this weekend.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jordan.norwood@
yes that is exactly it, what can i do about that?
Usually if a car is pushy loose, it's not a problem with the setup. It's a problem with overall traction. The car won't be "in" the track and won't feel like it's gripping anything. The first thing I'd normally look at is tires. What tire/wheel/insert are you using? Are you running the same tire/wheel/insert combo that everyone else is running at that track? What are you using for tire sauce if any?

Also, if your track is just very low grip and your tire and tire prep is the same as others not having this issue, I'd suggesting just trying to soften the car up as much as you can. Add droop all around, take off swaybars, softer springs, etc... Low grip tracks will usually need a car that transfers weight.

Last edited by Jon Kerr; 06-21-2007 at 08:47 AM.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

maybe it was the tyres then, as i was using sorex 32rs and it did go abit nippy so that maybe what was it.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:52 AM
Tech Champion

Very possible. Before you go changing the whole car around, I'd check to see what tires other people are running. I've made tire changes testing things and took a decent race car with one set of tires and literally did 4 wheel burnouts and slides with a different tire. Some tires just don't grip on some surfaces. Others grip too much. We couldn't run RP tires at SoCal (high grip indoor asphalt) because we kept traction rolling. So we ran tires like Sorex 32's and 36's.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

do you think i should still change the vertical camber link aswell?
Old 06-21-2007, 08:59 AM
Tech Champion

Yeah, just so we know exactly where your car is so we can go from there. 1mm on a vertical camber link location can be quote a bit. Make that change, find out what tires are being run. If the tires are different, try the car like it is with those tires and go from there. If the tires you ran are what everyone is running (tire prep as well, i.e. sauce, warmers, etc...) then you need to look at what to do to the car.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

right ok, i will try the additive that they use, and will try the camber link adjustment. thank you for your time
Old 06-21-2007, 09:55 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo
I am actually looking now for a little more off power initial steering, but just a smidge - any suggestions?
What always seems to work for me is a little anti-dive. I put in .5mm at the RROC and loved it.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Jordan i have 3mm on the verticle link have a look on sunday at the torc

its richard by the way
Old 06-21-2007, 12:47 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Anybody have a part number for the Schumacher diff grease aka the "best diff grease on the market"(as quoted by AdrianM)

I just finished rebuilding my diff because it wasn't as smooth as I wanted when I first built it, plus I rebuilt my Tamiya diffs using the Schumacher grease, so now I'm out and need some more. But I couldn't find the part#.

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by r.harris72
Jordan i have 3mm on the verticle link have a look on sunday at the torc

its richard by the way
ok cheers richard

just looking at my car today and i might of put it down to a weight transfer problem

Last edited by jordan.norwood@; 06-21-2007 at 01:09 PM.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darkseid
Anybody have a part number for the Schumacher diff grease aka the "best diff grease on the market"(as quoted by AdrianM)

I just finished rebuilding my diff because it wasn't as smooth as I wanted when I first built it, plus I rebuilt my Tamiya diffs using the Schumacher grease, so now I'm out and need some more. But I couldn't find the part#.

Thanks in advance.
I think it is U1301, maybe Adrian or PW can let you know for sure.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jordan.norwood@
i have been going round my local track and seem to be getting no where, i have tried jon kerr's setup, a different wing. but the next time i will try tightening the diff at the back to see if that does anything.

any ideas?
I notice you've had a lot of other answers about the various problems, with regard to the rear diff, tighter usually means more less steering on turn in and oversteer mid corner to corner exit.

Skiddins
Old 06-21-2007, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
Yeah, just so we know exactly where your car is so we can go from there. 1mm on a vertical camber link location can be quote a bit. Make that change, find out what tires are being run. If the tires are different, try the car like it is with those tires and go from there. If the tires you ran are what everyone is running (tire prep as well, i.e. sauce, warmers, etc...) then you need to look at what to do to the car.
A question on camber links,

I currently have 3mm vertical on the front and 2mm on the rear (Mi3). If I was to try to get more rear grip on a fairly smooth track, would adding even more to the rear help or make things worse?

I'm always unsure about when to try changing the length of the camber links as this wasn't an issue with the EC.

Thanks
Skiddins

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.