R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-14-2007, 02:30 PM   #20191
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryHick View Post
I"m sure you can find this stuff in the States somwhere, but because I live in Australia I got mine here.
http://www.techflex.biz/index.html
these guys are actually in florida!

http://cableorganizer.com/wire-management/
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 02:46 PM   #20192
Tech Elite
 
olhipster1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Asgard
Posts: 3,904
Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to olhipster1
Default Hey guys

Just an update
i do believe the Shui USA has the 2.5 bottom deck and the lower shock towers in stock.
top plate hasn't arrived yet
__________________
everything is Cause and effect
every Action has a reaction.
"I drank too much wine - I must take a p!ss"
CAUSE and EFFECT
olhipster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 02:52 PM   #20193
Tech Champion
 
Kevin K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: In a land of mini-mighty mental giants
Posts: 8,764
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by olhipster1 View Post
Just an update
i do believe the Shui USA has the 2.5 bottom deck and the lower shock towers in stock.
top plate hasn't arrived yet
They also have 96t 64pitch spur gears in stock as well for the guys running 13.5 motors.......
__________________
2013 USVTA World Champion of the World
MOTIV RC presents the Midwest All-Star Carpet Series....14th year running 2016/17!!!
USVTA National Championship....check it out!!!
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 02:59 PM   #20194
Tech Addict
 
IslandBwoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
isnt Minreng in Florida??
I'll take that for a yes ??!?!!
IslandBwoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 09:54 PM   #20195
Tech Elite
 
andrewdoherty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ★Wylie, TX★
Posts: 3,765
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Don't ask me how I discovered this . .

but have no fear about the strength of the arms on the Mi3.

(I managed to bend an inner hinge pin without breaking the arm it was in. In fact the arm doesn't even have a scratch and the hinge pin looks a bit "S" shaped!)

Thanks to McGoo for helping me with the set up today. 'preciate it bro!
__________________
"Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
"[Driving] Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration" -T.A. Edison
|◤Hobbywing◢|◤SpeedzoneUSA.com◢|◤Pro-One◢|
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 10:00 PM   #20196
Tech Elite
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 4,955
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

How do you guys feel about the flexible droop stops? Too much carbon milled out maybe on the stock chassis?
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 10:54 PM   #20197
Tech Adept
 
reilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: My Lab
Posts: 169
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Hey Jimmy,
First welcome to the team, nice job last weekend.
Second, dyeing the white plastic parts you can use clothing dye
in the states it's brand called Rite.
hope that helps.

James
reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 07:54 AM   #20198
Tech Elite
 
seaball's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 4,303
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
How do you guys feel about the flexible droop stops? Too much carbon milled out maybe on the stock chassis?
with the last chassis, the pivot block screws were nearly inline with the droop screw, so the flex was on a single axis (bow). the new design of the mi3 allows for the smallest overhang, at the expense of a solid downstop. they probably could have used a third screw in each bulkhead, perhaps drilling the hole for the sway bar mount all the way through. the 2.5mm chassis should help, however, there will still be some additional flex in the ears compared to the old car.
seaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:47 AM   #20199
Tech Adept
 
chris72983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Meridian, Mississippi
Posts: 146
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Finally finished my Mi3 last night, Check out that date, I had mine before anyone
Attached Thumbnails
Schumacher Corner-3-21-07-016.jpg   Schumacher Corner-3-21-07-017.jpg  
chris72983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 09:03 AM   #20200
Tech Master
 
Static_racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Keep'n it dirty, Keep'n it 'Dena
Posts: 1,441
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaball View Post
with the last chassis, the pivot block screws were nearly inline with the droop screw, so the flex was on a single axis (bow). the new design of the mi3 allows for the smallest overhang, at the expense of a solid downstop. they probably could have used a third screw in each bulkhead, perhaps drilling the hole for the sway bar mount all the way through. the 2.5mm chassis should help, however, there will still be some additional flex in the ears compared to the old car.
The flex in the ears threw me for a loop at first too. When measuring droop above ride height just pull up at the shock towers. Do not hold the wheels.
If your using a doop gauge, I just set my mark and give the top of the hub a little tap and then re-measure.
Static_racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 03:35 PM   #20201
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Brisbane. Australia
Posts: 1,820
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryHick View Post
I"m sure you can find this stuff in the States somwhere, but because I live in Australia I got mine here.
http://www.techflex.biz/index.html
which one is the one u use is it the nylon braid or what? there is about 20 different wraps there lol
aus jd 2703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 03:44 PM   #20202
Tech Addict
 
justin lessard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 588
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to justin lessard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static_racing View Post
The flex in the ears threw me for a loop at first too. When measuring droop above ride height just pull up at the shock towers. Do not hold the wheels.
If your using a doop gauge, I just set my mark and give the top of the hub a little tap and then re-measure.
You ready for the Sedan Challange?..ygpm
justin lessard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 06:27 PM   #20203
Moderator
 
StephenSobottka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 3,269
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reilly View Post
Hey Jimmy,
First welcome to the team, nice job last weekend.
Second, dyeing the white plastic parts you can use clothing dye
in the states it's brand called Rite.
hope that helps.

James
James...ready for cleveland/vegas?!?!?!?!? hahaha
__________________
~~Stephen Sobottka~~
SMC Racing
StephenSobottka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 06:45 PM   #20204
Tech Master
 
Static_racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Keep'n it dirty, Keep'n it 'Dena
Posts: 1,441
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin lessard View Post
You ready for the Sedan Challange?..ygpm
Man, I wish I was going. My car was REALLY good at Jackson
I'm going to be in Minnisota with my wife for two weeks
Static_racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 07:05 PM   #20205
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Brisbane. Australia
Posts: 1,820
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

hey how do u guys get your wires coming out of ur esc to be horozontal in stead of vertical like what its normally like? i wanna try it to see if i can thread them under the top deck?
cheers
aus jd 2703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Corner Dots anyone? RCGaryK Electric On-Road 19 07-04-2006 12:12 AM
On the Corner RC-HPI R/C Photography 0 08-02-2005 11:53 PM
Snowbirds Around the Corner scarecrow Florida Racing 20 01-27-2005 11:43 AM
1/12th Corner GT Racer Singapore R/C Racers 26 03-04-2004 07:59 AM
Shumacher Corner in Aus jamesbaxter_81 Australian Racing 6 01-08-2004 03:36 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:23 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0