R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-03-2007, 07:40 PM   #19906
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo View Post
Sounds like you didn't have the locking set screw tightened up or maybe you need to put a little thread lock on it.
Thanks MO- will keep an eye on this...after adding some more therad lock and resetting, it was all good. I guess it needed more lock-tite...
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 08:02 PM   #19907
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well I had my second outing with my Mi3.

-The results from going with the full on PW set up were quite dramatic. No more off power understeer at all. The car was just plain perfect. Had a great day of racing and didn't have much of anything to do to the car other than blow it off between runs.

-Clipped a couple corners today. Including a couple times in the sweeper and one good smack to the boards on the infield. No broken universal pins to report. No damage to my (no servo saver) steering to report. I was quite pleased and now feel a lot more confident about pushing the car and not worrying about breaking the universals.

Had a great day of racing today.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:11 PM   #19908
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
Well I had my second outing with my Mi3.

-The results from going with the full on PW set up were quite dramatic. No more off power understeer at all. The car was just plain perfect. Had a great day of racing and didn't have much of anything to do to the car other than blow it off between runs.

-Clipped a couple corners today. Including a couple times in the sweeper and one good smack to the boards on the infield. No broken universal pins to report. No damage to my (no servo saver) steering to report. I was quite pleased and now feel a lot more confident about pushing the car and not worrying about breaking the universals.

Had a great day of racing today.
same here cant wait to run it next weekend!!!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 08:17 PM   #19909
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhayyim View Post
First of all, how do you have 4 pts in your trader rating, when an 1hr ago you had 3!? You must have sold your Type R already! I followed the instructions, but I guess it needs some lock-tite on the set screw...instructions didn't seem to indicate that...anyways, it seems to be good now, but its something I'll keep an eye on
If the set screw is set it is close to impossible to have the diff come loose. Before you tighten it up loosen up the set screw, tighten diff, and then retighten set screw. The diff should never come loose after that.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 08:19 PM   #19910
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static_racing View Post
The nice thing about the TC5 is if your having a REALLY bad day, you can hang yourself off the TC5's topdeck. Its WAY up there!

Just kidding, Teach's TC5 looked really good for the 1st time out, but he didnt want any of the Mi3
How do they say it.........anything that slow hooks up well. Must of been that Pepto Bismol paint that did him in. At least is tummy didn't hurt.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 08:39 PM   #19911
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

yyhayyim - There is a little set screw on the opposite side from the diff adjustment screw. When you adjsut the diff you need to back this off until you see a few threads...then you adjust the diff by tightening it until you feel it stop then back it off a quater turn. Then, with the 2mm hex still in the did adjustment screw you tightern the grub screw in. When you fell it hit the end of the diff adjust met screw turn both wrenches so the grub screw and diff adjsutment screw jam against each other.

If you do the last step the diff will never loosen up. No loctite is necessary.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:51 PM   #19912
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Also when you're rebuilding the diff, make sure that you sand both sides of the rings with 600 grit sandpaper to make sure both sides are flat, and look closely at the rings. You'll see on the edge, one side is rounded and one side is sharp. (From being stamped out) It's a good idea to put the sharp edge on the outdrive for a more firm fit. If you have the rounded edge on the outdrive, the ring can kind of wonder on the outdrive. So I wouldn't just flip the rings ever. Resurface them, and then install them sharp edge down on the outdrive.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 05:54 AM   #19913
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static_racing View Post
The nice thing about the TC5 is if your having a REALLY bad day, you can hang yourself off the TC5's topdeck. Its WAY up there!
LMAO ...now that's some funny $hit
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 06:28 AM   #19914
Tech Rookie

Does anybody know any online store that carry Mi3 spare parts and ships over seas ??? thank you
rafaelbadinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:58 AM   #19915
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to FTTim

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaelbadinha View Post
Does anybody know any online store that carry Mi3 spare parts and ships over seas ??? thank you
Try http://www.fasttrackhobbies.com/catalog/
FTTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:02 AM   #19916
Tech Elite

I need some parts: the #2 steering track rod(shorter one) and 1.2mm sway bars and some diff rings and 1mm and 2mm shims. Any word when these will be in stock?
Old 06-04-2007, 09:09 AM   #19917
Tech Elite

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
yyhayyim - There is a little set screw on the opposite side from the diff adjustment screw. When you adjsut the diff you need to back this off until you see a few threads...then you adjust the diff by tightening it until you feel it stop then back it off a quater turn. Then, with the 2mm hex still in the did adjustment screw you tightern the grub screw in. When you fell it hit the end of the diff adjust met screw turn both wrenches so the grub screw and diff adjsutment screw jam against each other.

If you do the last step the diff will never loosen up. No loctite is necessary.

Thanks Adrian...I have rebuild the diff and have done as you state here...nice detail on jamming the screws together...hopefully this will take car of the situation.

Steering: I am runing PW's Feara set up, but I still need more over all steering. I like a car that's got lots of steering/responsives. What changes do you recommend so that I get more steering?
Old 06-04-2007, 09:14 AM   #19918
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhayyim View Post
Thanks Adrian...I have rebuild the diff and have done as you state here...nice detail on jamming the screws together...hopefully this will take car of the situation.

Steering: I am runing PW's Feara set up, but I still need more over all steering. I like a car that's got lots of steering/responsives. What changes do you recommend so that I get more steering?
Im also running the same set up but lower the front diff ,and Tamiya yellow springs and the car has plenty of steering
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:23 AM   #19919
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Kerr View Post
Also when you're rebuilding the diff, make sure that you sand both sides of the rings with 600 grit sandpaper to make sure both sides are flat, and look closely at the rings. You'll see on the edge, one side is rounded and one side is sharp. (From being stamped out) It's a good idea to put the sharp edge on the outdrive for a more firm fit. If you have the rounded edge on the outdrive, the ring can kind of wonder on the outdrive. So I wouldn't just flip the rings ever. Resurface them, and then install them sharp edge down on the outdrive.
When you say resurface the diff I am guessing you mean sand it down again? How many times can you resurface diff rings? How many re-builds? (if indeed that it was you're saying)
sf85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:24 AM   #19920
Tech Elite

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
Im also running the same set up but lower the front diff ,and Tamiya yellow springs and the car has plenty of steering
Thx MJ...what rate are the tamiya yellow springs?