Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 08:40 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Static_racing
Yeah Brian, Your car was really good in the Main, you just got beat around.
Thanks Mike. Car was dialed all day. THe MI3 is just so killer to work on and adjust. I only took off two small shims all day on the front of the car. I took one of the smallest shims off the front inner ball stud and also one of the smallest shims on the camber link to make it only a tad longer and the car was even better. Not a huge change I know but worked non the less.

Can't say enough how pleased I am with this car. It is the best car I have used to date (I have had a ton of cars over the years) and is the best effort from Schumacher. They really did their homework on this car. SO easy to work on and adjust it is scary.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:46 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Static_racing
I also ran at the Full Throttle Race, I ran stock and my car was money!!
The car was easy to drive and held its settings/tweek all day. I got to play around with my setup and the car got better each time I ran it. I qualified
5th in the "A" and ended up with 3rd. I'm really looking forward to the eXpress race at Jackson next week
Mike your car looked great and especially in the 2nd round and 3rd round. In the main your came around after about half way and really settled in. TOo bad you had problems with charging for the main. Your pack took a beat down with getting power shut off that many times.

Great job on your A main finish.

I can't wait for Jackson because my MI3 is just starting to heat up. The more I run it the better it gets. It is just so much fun to run this car and race for Schumacher. Now I need to get that order ready for Monday for a few spares and I'm good to go.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

...so I guess both of your cars were good then
Old 06-03-2007, 08:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I ran my Mi3 yesterday at Frederick, MD Ran 5 packs and made a change to the car each pack. The car was awesome. To bad I couldn't race with you guys yesterday. For only having 5 packs on this car and it is running the same lap times as the Mi2EC. I can't wait for next weekend. eXpress Race is going to be awesome.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:57 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by justin lessard
...so I guess both of your cars were good then
Yeah. One the best working cars I have had in 19T. I'm just amazed how the car works and what little changes I had to make going from super high bite indoor asphalt to an outdoor track and the car still hooked up. Especially since I run alot of stock and thru a 19t in it and it still worked great.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Gave the Mi3 its first run today at Cotswolds in 19t. Track is fast but also has some tight and slow corner. Was using Jon Kerr's Reedy set-up (1mm more rear droop) and it was really really good . Car was planted. Could let off the power late and it would get into the corner with little effort. Can't wait for the BRCA national there, going to be fast. Even with old cells, naff brushes and RP30's which had about 5runs on already i've already just about beaten my PB! With some new cells and tyres etc it'll be on the money . Next is to try the Mazda Speed 6 and see how it compares to my regular Mazda 6

Charles
Old 06-03-2007, 03:18 PM
Tech Regular

guys, can you remind me how to obtain 3 degree toe in, for the rear of an Mi2 EC?
Part numbers would also really help.
Cheers
Old 06-03-2007, 03:54 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Well after my 2nd full race day with the MI3 was great , i ran the type R also to compare and i must say that the MI3 was a full second faster per lap than the Type R (both with i dentical electronics) ran a full lap faster with the MI3, long story short the Type R is for sale now!!!
Old 06-03-2007, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by whoopass
guys, can you remind me how to obtain 3 degree toe in, for the rear of an Mi2 EC?
Part numbers would also really help.
Cheers
U2450, you only want the blocks for in front of the rear wishbones but you have to gte the lot.

There are supposed to be some alloy rear hubs coming that can give the extra 1 deg outboard, I don't think they're out yet.

Skiddins
Old 06-03-2007, 04:17 PM
Tech Regular

Guys, can anyone point me in the direction of Jon Kerrs Reedy setup for the Mi3.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
Well after my 2nd full race day with the MI3 was great , i ran the type R also to compare and i must say that the MI3 was a full second faster per lap than the Type R (both with i dentical electronics) ran a full lap faster with the MI3, long story short the Type R is for sale now!!!
Marcos i'm going to have to call you "flip-flop" now

I think I found out when I got home why my car was coming around off-power. I either had too much or too little droop in the rear and my tires were rubbing the rear arms, and I mean BAD. My left side rear arm is so gouged it probably should be replaced Anyone have any ideas on why the wheels would rub the arms. I am not good with setting up cars

Marcos - thanks for letting me borrow your tent and power, very much appreciated! Oh and the battery that fell apart It was a good time!

Tony P - thank you for loaning me the dog bone, I'll get it back to you if you are in Daytona! It looked like your car was doing similar to mine in the main, jumping side ways at the end of the straight, were your arms hitting your tires at all?

Thanks guys,

Skip
Old 06-03-2007, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by sf85
Marcos i'm going to have to call you "flip-flop" now

I think I found out when I got home why my car was coming around off-power. I either had too much or too little droop in the rear and my tires were rubbing the rear arms, and I mean BAD. My left side rear arm is so gouged it probably should be replaced Anyone have any ideas on why the wheels would rub the arms. I am not good with setting up cars

Marcos - thanks for letting me borrow your tent and power, very much appreciated! Oh and the battery that fell apart It was a good time!

Tony P - thank you for loaning me the dog bone, I'll get it back to you if you are in Daytona! It looked like your car was doing similar to mine in the main, jumping side ways at the end of the straight, were your arms hitting your tires at all?

Thanks guys,

Skip
no problem skip it was alot if fun!!! see you in Daytona!!! ( with 1 car)

sorry for the battery I had to get ahead of you one way or another
Old 06-03-2007, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
What!!? Are U sure MJ? Maybe you had different rollout with either car? Wow...for the Mi3 to outperform the Type so soon, really says alot...how many times did you run them both to get a feel for which is faster/better?
Old 06-03-2007, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
What!!? Are U sure MJ? Maybe you had different rollout with either car? Wow...for the Mi3 to outperform the Type so soon, really says alot...how many times did you run them both to get a feel for which is faster/better?
both car had identical esc and motors and final drive ratios i ran one qualifier each!! Losi is 1.83 internal and MI3 is 1.8 so the FDR were almost indentical
Old 06-03-2007, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
ygpm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.