Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by AdrianM
yyhayyim - The Mi3 is one of the toughtest cars on the market. Weylin and Alex must have really smacked the hell out of their cars (or someone else hit them HARD) if they broke.
I've been known to "Test" a cars durability from time to time

I launched my car hard and fipped it a bunch of times and the only thing that happend was I lost the drive pin as it enters the outdrive on the oneway.

Very Impressive!!
Old 05-27-2007, 09:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alecladanga
Hi Guys

Just like to ask if soembody from Schumacher knows when the Mi3 will reach Asia, particularly the Philippines?

Thanks in advance.
It will arrive by this week at Malaysia,i think,yours will be in 2-3 weeks time,hope.
Cheers
Old 05-27-2007, 09:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by James khoo
It will arrive by this week at Malaysia,i think,yours will be in 2-3 weeks time,hope.
Cheers
Thanks a lot for the info, much appreciated
Old 05-27-2007, 10:36 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
It is, but it got hit hard, or they just hit it hard...depending on what broke we can come to know for sure...I know they could do much better. Alex should have been in the A's with Randy...PW could have made the top 10...I just cant wait to hear from them what went wrong and if its parts, what happened so we all learn from it...when's the next big race?
Weilin's DNF was due to getting nailed and basically he pulled off to conserve tires rather than try to salvage a run that would have been near impossible to pull off a win in.

Alex's car was struggling a bit with being loose, he went to my shock setup and did great in round 4, unfortunately it was too little too late, but he showed that he has no problem laying it down.

The track changed a lot today from the past 3 days, the weather cooled down as normal through the day, but the track stayed warm due to the sun staying out. My car went from super dialed to being really difficult to drive because of how low the traction got and how much steering I had in my car. Still not sure how I ended up 9th with 4'th and 5'th place finishes, but oh well.

Invite runs 8 heads up races, drivers get 4 sets of tires for these 8 runs. For whatever reason, the tires this year weren't as good as they were in previous years on the 2'nd run, basically you would have tires for 4 runs, and the other 4 runs you would be off pace by almost a half second a lap it seemed like. Nobody was really able to lay it down like we've seen in previous years because of this different tire wear. PW had a dialed car, and made very few mistakes, but it seemed like one thing he was missing was luck, and seemed to get the bad end of every racing incident.

I haven't had a lot of time with the car, got it a few weeks ago, and only had 3 practice days with it after about an 8 month break from asphault and most racing in general. After this weekend, I didn't have what I would consider 1 good qualifying run, mistakes in all of my runs, but still ended up with 4'th and 6'th place qualpoints setting me 8th on the grid. My worst main finish was a 7'th, so I was at least able to improve every run. I wish I had more time to figure out how to make my car work better on the different track conditions, but when I did get the setup right on Friday, I laid down a 12.62 which I believe was the fastest laptime in the Open Modified field, if the car is capable of that with such little wheel time on it, I can't wait to see how fast I can get this thing after I do some testing with it.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:17 AM
Tech Master

What tyres were the Reedy on???
Old 05-28-2007, 04:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Think they were on RP30's
Old 05-28-2007, 06:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

when can we expect the shorter track rod and refined set-up from reedy
Old 05-28-2007, 06:26 AM
Tech Master

Carbon steering parts were available in the UK this week, so i'd guess you should get them in the US any time soon.

Be interesting if it was RP 30 for the Reedy.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:30 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MattW
Carbon steering parts were available in the UK this week, so i'd guess you should get them in the US any time soon.

Be interesting if it was RP 30 for the Reedy.
it was RP30's
Old 05-28-2007, 06:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
when can we expect the shorter track rod and refined set-up from reedy
More steering but smoother, more conerspeed.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:50 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I know my MI3 is really hooking up well for me. Car goes around are local track with out the tire making any noise in the corners. My car almost turns like I'm on foam tires. It is awesome. I can make it even more aggressive but want to keep driving it like it is because it is so consistant lap to lap. After I get use to it more I will step up the agressiveness of the car even more.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
More steering but smoother, more conerspeed.
Do you know if they used the new carbon parts for the steering at Reedy?
Old 05-28-2007, 06:54 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
I know my MI3 is really hooking up well for me. Car goes around are local track with out the tire making any noise in the corners. My car almost turns like I'm on foam tires. It is awesome. I can make it even more aggressive but want to keep driving it like it is because it is so consistant lap to lap. After I get use to it more I will step up the agressiveness of the car even more.
i must say the car is very quiet
Old 05-28-2007, 06:59 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

YEah after the 1st run or two it just was more stealthy.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default electronics layout

Can someone please post up a few pics of the brushless GTB electronic layout.
i've been trying to lay the electrics cleanly in the chassis..but can't seem to make it fit.

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.