Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred Perkins
You have room to talk.
Old 05-27-2007, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by AdrianM
yyhayyim - The Mi3 is one of the toughtest cars on the market. Weylin and Alex must have really smacked the hell out of their cars (or someone else hit them HARD) if they broke.
it is though!!! I tested that out today!!
Old 05-27-2007, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking

AdrianM- after my first run today, I have post checked my car, and it seems something has given in the front axles/bones...looks like the pins and bones...I barely tapped a few corners over all with traffic- no hard crashes...seems weird. Will need new pins and bones...What happened? Will Schumacher come out with Ti pins, or strong steel ones?
Old 05-27-2007, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
dude I wouldn't put to much stock into who winnin' Reedy, Factory TC4 won 2 years ago it last year still didn't make it the best car. PW is facing the best of the best so their no room for error, when Weylion Rose starts at 2 then ends up 8-10 thats a peel fest
Come back Teemu Leino!!!
Old 05-27-2007, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Talking

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
it is though!!! I tested that out today!!
MJ- where is your test report? How is it compared to the Type R or Cyclone you had...

I hope Schumacher has axles and pins in stock...
Old 05-27-2007, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Talking

Originally Posted by Charles Godwin
Try and keep with the servo arm. I've tried servo savers in the past and i've had trouble with them not staying centred after small taps. Check the chassis tweak, see if the chassis is flat or any other settings are out. There might be binding somewhere in the steering. Maybe in the driveshafts, i had to rebuild one of mine before i installed it because it was binding.
Charles: about the servo arm...if I do use it, in the event of a hard crash, will the arm strip, or the servo get damaged?
Old 05-27-2007, 05:05 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Someone mentioned the servo saver earlier. I just realized that this was the first time I've ever driven a TC without a servo saver.

Funny thing is, this was one of my biggest concerns before I got the car, but it didn't cross my mind all day , I just drove the car. I wish I could just forget about the universal pin issue and just drive. I've been told that I'm stressing over nothing, especially since I'm just running at 13.5 speeds. But in every corner, past every board, it was on my mind.

Not the cars fault of course, just that with all I've read about the pins, I couldn't get it out of my head.

Picking up an extra set of universals and giving a diff a try should ease my nerves. And let me just drive worry free.

By the way, how does Schumacher sell the universals? As a whole, or can you just pick up the dog bone section?
Old 05-27-2007, 05:09 PM
Tech Regular

tuff cars are for the ones that cant drive the well design ones!!!!
Old 05-27-2007, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Darkseid
Someone mentioned the servo saver earlier. I just realized that this was the first time I've ever driven a TC without a servo saver.

Funny thing is, this was one of my biggest concerns before I got the car, but it didn't cross my mind all day , I just drove the car. I wish I could just forget about the universal pin issue and just drive. I've been told that I'm stressing over nothing, especially since I'm just running at 13.5 speeds. But in every corner, past every board, it was on my mind.

Not the cars fault of course, just that with all I've read about the pins, I couldn't get it out of my head.

Picking up an extra set of universals and giving a diff a try should ease my nerves. And let me just drive worry free.

By the way, how does Schumacher sell the universals? As a whole, or can you just pick up the dog bone section?
if you break 1 it will be replaced with the upgraded version and the next batch of kits will have them
Old 05-27-2007, 05:13 PM
Regional Moderator

Oh, I did forget to mention that I did have a minor issue with one of my front universals.

The grub screw holding the pin in kept backing out. Lucky for me, I had grooved the pin, so even though the screw was loose (VERY loose the second time) the pin couldn't fall out.

I had to pull that corner of the car apart a couple times. So that last time, I re-thread locked the grub screw and tightened it a little harder this time.(didn't want to over tighten it as I believe people have had problems with their EC's by doing this)

So my recommendation to people is to groove the pins. Its a simple procedure that can save you a broken universal.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcshark
tuff cars are for the ones that cant drive the well design ones!!!!
NIICE ONE!!!
Old 05-27-2007, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
MJ- where is your test report? How is it compared to the Type R or Cyclone you had...

I hope Schumacher has axles and pins in stock...
it was really good the type r in my opinion can carry more corner speed

as for axles i had no problem at all with them
Old 05-27-2007, 07:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

All I can say it that if you guys are breaking this much then you must be taking some really hard hits! My car went air born and tumbled end over end for 10ft! Not a single broken part! I drove away and finished the heat.

Schumacher has always been known for its durability and when there is a problem they always take care of it!
Old 05-27-2007, 07:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
TC5 it looks like a very tough car, which is nice...I am not happy with t he Mi3 results at the reedy. It seems Alex broke a few times, and PW had some good finishes, but seemed inconsistent- 26th overall...maybe he broke, too...but Randy Caster and Weilyn Rose did very well.
TOASTY!!!!!!
Old 05-27-2007, 07:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys

Just like to ask if soembody from Schumacher knows when the Mi3 will reach Asia, particularly the Philippines?

Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.