Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 01:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

IMO, parts should not be perfectly free straight from the kit. I would prefer to need to message them a little to get them to move free than be too loose to begin with. Even if they fit perfectly out of the box, they're probably going to build up excess slop quickly. Also, on the rear hubs, you don't want the pin to be able to rotate in the hub. Only the arm. Some guys even use set screws instead of e clips to hold the pin in. The pin should be tight in the hub to reduce slop. If you've got the hub reamed out enough to where the pin spins free in it and it spins free in the arm, you'll have too much play. But at the same time, don't be worried if there's a little play in your suspension. If you have no play, even if there's no binding, your car will be very twitchy and hard to drive. It'll react to every little imperfection in the surface. But you don't want it sloppy loose all over the place either.

On the shocks, make sure you don't have a tear in one of your O-rings. When you put the shaft through, did you put shock oil on it? Also, when you work the shock up and down to ge the air out, how long are you letting them sit? If you don't have a vacuum pump, I let mine sit for a good 15 to 20 minutes, and move them up and down a few times every 5 minutes to make sure there's no air. And make sure they're filled to the top. Then when you put the bladder on, don't push too hard. Let the cap press it down when you screw it on. But if this is only happening on two of your shocks, I'd check for problems with the o-ring or the bladder first.

Last edited by Jon Kerr; 05-20-2007 at 04:03 PM.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:43 PM
Tech Regular

Today @ the Danish Nationals I saw one MI3 on the scales and it showed 1484 g, ouch! Remember this is with 5 cells...time to start a "How to shave off 100g on your MI3"-guide.

Looked good on the track though!
Old 05-20-2007, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking

Thanks J. Kerr- about the rear hubs, I have ordered some extra ones to build as you suggest. This time I'll fit them tight and see what happens...

Will work on the shocks now to see if I have some luck...thanks for the advice...

Drivetrain: wow!!! Put my Mi3 and my Xray t2'007 next to each other- just the roller chassis and tires, and let them slide down my test ramp to see which is faster/more free & smooth...the Mi3 won 5 of 5...I couldnt believe it...very happy so far...the Schumacher help and support is really good, and every day I'm getting more confortable and pleased with my decision to drive Schumacher kits...best of all, they are 3 hrs away from me....local support is not a pblm and there are very good Schumacher drivers in Florida that could help me along the way.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Talking

Originally Posted by Holmenkollen
Today @ the Danish Nationals I saw one MI3 on the scales and it showed 1484 g, ouch! Remember this is with 5 cells...time to start a "How to shave off 100g on your MI3"-guide.

Looked good on the track though!
I think the bulkheads can be refined and redesigned to make less weight...
Old 05-20-2007, 02:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

[QUOTE=dawgmeat]
Originally Posted by yyhayyim

Had trouble with the center pulley assembly- on the manual it says put the caps on one way, with the indentation towards the outside...tried this but it doesnt fit- does this have to be reamed if needed, or can I just put them with the lip towards the outside and the indentation towards the pulley/inside?
The pulley fences are VERY HARD to snap on but no reaming is required.
Old 05-20-2007, 02:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I ran my Mi3 for the firwst time at B&B hobbies in Hudson FL. I used PW's FSEARA #3 setup and it was dialed. I added .5mm shims in the rear for a little more toe and it was perfect. It had loads of steering and corner speed. At the end of the day I was at 85% dual rate where I was normally at 95-100% eith my Mi2EC.

I also ran the new Core Racing 5000 LiPo pack. I was just as fast as anyone there and just kept repeaking the pack for every run. FYI, I used only 2200mah in a 5 min 19T run.
Old 05-20-2007, 02:12 PM
Tech Addict

Adrian,YGPM!
Old 05-20-2007, 03:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
I ran my Mi3 for the firwst time at B&B hobbies in Hudson FL. I used PW's FSEARA #3 setup and it was dialed. I added .5mm shims in the rear for a little more toe and it was perfect. It had loads of steering and corner speed. At the end of the day I was at 85% dual rate where I was normally at 95-100% eith my Mi2EC.

I also ran the new Core Racing 5000 LiPo pack. I was just as fast as anyone there and just kept repeaking the pack for every run. FYI, I used only 2200mah in a 5 min 19T run.
Hey Adrian I don't see any of those Core5000's in stock @ Shuie. Are they available yet?
Old 05-20-2007, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Talking

Adrian- where do you get those packs from? Is there a website so I can look and the specs and description of the packs. I currently use the Orion 4800mah packs and its the best money I have invested. Its pack after pack, re-charge after -recharge, and they are powerful light and so easy to maintain...more practice and set up time instead..its like brushed v.s bruhsless...
Old 05-20-2007, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Alex Lopez
Adrian,YGPM!
Alex: did you practice any today by Coral Springs? How's the Novak GTB system comming along? We got to hook up one of these days to practice a bit after the Reedy Race. Back to building those rear shocks...
Old 05-20-2007, 03:45 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
thanks
You aint the first person I've done that to. Guys in the pits where I race know not to let me look at their car unless they really have their s*** tight! I tend to umm...."find things"...that they didn't see. And I always say the same thing..."ummm...is that supposed to be like that".

Some consider it an 'eye for detail'...some consider it 'freaky'.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Does anyone know what springs come with the Pro-touring set?
Old 05-20-2007, 03:52 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Adrians car was very smooth and i was very imprest with how the mi3 looked and performed. nice job shumacher
Old 05-20-2007, 03:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hey Guys I ran my Mi3 last night on carpet with rubber tires and it was great. I built the car with the kit setup and made a few changes and it was really good. This car is just plain awesome right out of the box.....good job everyone at Schumacher. Here are some pics of my car.....
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Corner-dsc02145.jpg   Schumacher Corner-dsc02147.jpg   Schumacher Corner-dsc02148.jpg  
Old 05-20-2007, 03:53 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Alex: did you practice any today by Coral Springs? How's the Novak GTB system comming along? We got to hook up one of these days to practice a bit after the Reedy Race. Back to building those rear shocks...
Nope. The weather has been terrible. In reference to BL...So far, so good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.