Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Schumacher Corner >

Schumacher Corner

Schumacher Corner

Old 04-18-2002, 08:49 AM
Tech Regular

I think the one-way seems to be more like a personal matter than a track matter. I'm for sure faster with it everywhere. Abviously that doesn't work for everyone. Try someone's Mission that has it and decide for yourself.
The threaded shocks are a matter of preference. They certainly don't make the car any faster.
The spur gear comes off when the six layshaft post screws are removed. The top deck does not need to be removed, but will surely make the job easier. However I've yet to change it. There's not much need to lay a hand on it.
Old 04-18-2002, 08:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Damon: Nice ride...I used to ride a Ninja back in the day...even had a chance to turn some laps at Daytona. Unfortunately I'm no longer built to ride crotch rockets...look more at home on a Harley.

I have to admit, despite my own advice, to have several mods on my own car, mainly to make tuning easier...But purple alloy also just looks 'right'. In some cases the machined parts are dimensionally more accurate, allowing better repeatability when working from a setup sheet. I just feel some of these 'hope ups' are a little ridiculous...some folks seem to wind up replacing everything but the decals, why don't the manufacturers just offer cars made completely out of carbon fiber, titanium, and purple alloy and skip the middleman.

Just my two cents...
Old 04-18-2002, 09:21 AM
Tech Initiate

AZ Ron, I will be there and will look for you.

F N Nuke, The closest car I have seen to a fully tricked out car stock would be the (dare I say it here) Xray. I choose not to run the Xray on advice from many of the best drivers at the local track and the local hobby stores. They all agree its neat but looks better than it works. I simply did not want to be sheep like and get a TC3 and although the XXX-S had my interest, something deep inside me said no. The Mission is a great looking car that has had much praise...therefore, my choice. You know the car manufactures make half of there income on the accessories and hop ups. It makes sense not to sell you all the goodies at once. The other problem is some of the "hop-ups" are just moneymakers that do little or nothing to for you.

JesseT, I would like to go with the threaded shocks, as I am forever losing the little black spacers.

Last edited by Damon_KJ7E; 04-18-2002 at 09:24 AM.
Old 04-18-2002, 09:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Damon, Cool!! I'll be there a bit late...should get there around 6-6:15 or so...My buddy should be there around 5 or so...he running a XXXS with a Schumacher decaled body! (Hasn't painted up his new body yet!) He's got glasses, and always wears a baseball cap...his name is Rob...

Ron
Old 04-18-2002, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I agree with jesset. I never run with out a oneway (I do try a front diff in practice sometimes) and I have never been to a track were a oneway didnt work for me. It is a personal preference but I dont buy into the "large flowing track" for a one way rule.
Old 04-18-2002, 01:53 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thanks for the answer JesseT. I don't figure I will take mine off that often either. I was just wondering.
Old 04-18-2002, 05:36 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Just drove my Mission for the first time...

And WHOA MAMA!!! This thing is fast! The first thing that came to my mind was all the reviews that said the car made their stock motors feel like mods. Thats exactly how I felt. The car felt just as fast as my AxisPro using a Chameleon. The accelleration was great, without the wheel spin that my AxisPro has. The car had a slight amount of oversteer on the dusty parking lot. But, seems as if it will be perfect for a prepared track. Even when the rear end started to come around, I always felt like I could save it with minimal effort.

My motor got pretty hot, but nothing unusual. And best of all, it cooled off quickly. I was worried that my G10 speedo would get too hot with my transponder mount right over it. But as usual, the Tekin equipment worked flawlessly!

I can't wait to see what it can do on a prepared track.

Last edited by Darkseid; 04-18-2002 at 05:39 PM.
Old 04-19-2002, 08:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys,
I just got the mission 2 days ago and raced it last night for the first time. I won the expert stock class (there was only 4 of us).

I love this car, but have a question.

1. I'm having a hard time finding the right combination of shock positions to make the car sit at 4.5-5mm. If I use the inner hole on the arm, it sits too high. If I go to the outer hole, it sits too low. If I add spacers to raise the ride height, it puts too much preload on the springs and eliminates all the droop. Either way, the car still handled great, but it could be better.

I'm thinking about going to associated shocks because they are shorter, but I'm worried they will be too short. Please help. Thanks
Old 04-19-2002, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Tick, how are you adding spacers to raise the ride height?? also you shouldn't use shock mounting positions to raise or lower the car.

What length are you building your shocks at? Mine are all 67mm from the lowest point on the ball cup to the highest point in the upper pivot hole.

If you can't get the lower ride height with the shumacher springs then you may want to switch to Associated springs which are shorter, or very carefully use a dremel and cut the shuie springs(making sure they are the same length after cutting).

Personnally I run my Mission at 5.5-6mm and feel there are no ill effects, and don't even need to go lower.
Old 04-19-2002, 10:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Impact,
I have the ball cups screwed in all the way. If I use the middle position on the shock tower and the inner hole on the arm, the car sits over 7mm. If I switch to the outer hole on the arm, it sits way too low. I added spring spacers to increase ride height, but that also makes it stiffer. I've been working on this for the last hour and can't figure it out!

What shock positions are you using? Any spring spacers?
Thanks!
Old 04-19-2002, 10:59 AM
Tech Addict

Default Spring Spacers

Adding Spring Spacers doesn't really make the spring stiffer...unless it's a progrssive style spring, and I don't believe the Schuie springs are...all the spacers do is adjust the ride height...I've seen some cars with a bunch of spacers, and other with only a few...but the spring rate stays the same.

Ron
Old 04-19-2002, 11:03 AM
Tech Addict

Default Anyone interested in a VERY nice A2?

Hi All...I won't post the ad in here, but in the For Sale Forum, I posted up my primary Axis2 for sale...this car has ALL the hop ups, plus all of the aluminum parts besides the shocks have been stripped and polished. Carbon Fiber Chassis, you name it, it's got it...

If you're interested, please let me know...

Thanks!

Ron
Old 04-19-2002, 11:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default schumacher

im not familiar of the shumacher r they pretty quick and do they handle good?
Old 04-19-2002, 11:09 AM
Tech Addict

I have the Axis2, which is the version prior to the new car, the Mission. It's very quick, very capable of running with any of the Associated/Losi sedans. They are without a doubt the MOST adjustable car on the market, and they look a hell of a lot nice than the AE/Losi cars...IMO... Plus, it's cool to be different!

Ron
Old 04-19-2002, 11:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Ron,
You are right about the spacers but.. On a soft spring that makes the car droop as you set it down, spacers compress the spring even more which actually makes the car sit higher. I was able to raise the ride height with this method just before racing last night.

Anyways, I cant get my car to sit lower than 7mm when using the inner hole on the arm. If I made the shock shorter, the springs will be to big. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.