Schumacher Corner >

Schumacher Corner

Schumacher Corner

Old 05-03-2007, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by wyd
This is a reason on the why the internet is a pain in the ass. Before the mags would print pics and when the car was out the shops had it..........end of story.

Now companies and employees have to not only do all the standard work but now are forced to get online and spend time babysitting and answering questions that will never make everyone happy instead of being able to work to get stuff ready for the public. IF the guys are posting while at work they are loosing time getting are stuff ready to ship.

Internet is good and bad all at the same time.
Its part of customer service now a days. When you buy something and dont get it on time or as advertised, you call the company and ask, they give you answers as to why there's a delay. Samething here...SchumacherUSA's PW and Adrian are awesome with customer service- by far the best I've witnessed, and we expect answers. They have fought on our behalf to get those answers and have done a good job of telling us what's going on with our kits. The Pblm is that's its been a these pesky parts and QC issues that keep delaying the fun times and we havent heard the latest news untill today that its actually till an ETA of 5/17 that kits should be in, this time, if all goes well.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:23 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Its part of customer service now a days. When you buy something and dont get it on time or as advertised, you call the company and ask, they give you answers as to why there's a delay. Samething here...SchumacherUSA's PW and Adrian are awesome with customer service- by far the best I've witnessed, and we expect answers. They have fought on our behalf to get those answers and have done a good job of telling us what's going on with our kits. The Pblm is that's its been a these pesky parts and QC issues that keep delaying the fun times and we havent heard the latest news untill today that its actually till an ETA of 5/17 that kits should be in, this time, if all goes well.
To my knowledge no one is out any money for these cars because Schumacher will not take payment in advance and if they did I had mine on order before a part number was ever made up for the car back January. Also was going to pay this week and even though my order is very large and Schumacher could get a nice amount of money they still did not take my payment so to me no one should be out any money for a product they didn't receive.

I don't think they really need to post too many answers unless they took everyones money and then didn't produce a car. Now if they took money from some that would be a totally different story.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:26 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Give it up man...

-If your not happy about the delays....your wrong.
-If you want to know whats up with a kit...your wrong
-If don't constantly rant "it'll be worth it"....your wrong
-If you are unhappy in anyway about this...then it means you hate PW and Adrian...

Aint much to do but accept it, try to laugh it off, and chill out...
Old 05-03-2007, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

from the schumacher forum

dawgmeat wrote:
how many of you got your Mi3 from the LHS in the Uk?

It would appear most....

Interesting that most US LHS's took the money on advanced orders, where UK shops take the order and perhaps a deposit, but don't take the money until you are sent the kit.

Apex got the kits in last Friday and phoned me to see if I wanted to collect it. The big brown delivery boxes from Schumacher were still in the shop when I went in.

So let me ask, if the delay is due to faulty bulkheads then why did the LHS sell the Mi3 in the UK
Old 05-03-2007, 06:31 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by wyd
To my knowledge no one is out any money for these cars because Schumacher will not take payment in advance and if they did I had mine on order before a part number was ever made up for the car back January. Also was going to pay this week and even though my order is very large and Schumacher could get a nice amount of money they still did not take my payment so to me no one should be out any money for a product they didn't receive.

I don't think they really need to post too many answers unless they took everyones money and then didn't produce a car. Now if they took money from some that would be a totally different story.
Some of us have paid in advance for the car. I'm not saying that means Schumacher 'owes' us any answers. Just letting you know that some of us have paid.

I was reading over on the Schumacher boards(a post that dawgmeat just posted before me ) that a lot of UK shops don't take pre-pay or only take partial pay. Maybe thats what US shops will start to do. Cause I'm sure they don't like getting calls for updates anymore than SchUSA does. Delays like this are a stess on everybody, I realise that and nobody wants them to happen.

My only beef is when guys come on here and try to convice people they should be happy about it or shut up...

Thats my only beef...
Old 05-03-2007, 06:39 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Default Time

Old 05-03-2007, 06:40 PM
Regional Moderator

A N Y W A Y......I did actually have a question when I came to the thread, I just forgot in the middle of all that non-sense...

Can somebody explain what the benefits are to running the diffs lower. I've heared some people talking about it, but there seemed to be confusion as to what exactly this does for handling or drivetrain efficeincy.

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Darkseid
A N Y W A Y......I did actually have a question when I came to the thread, I just forgot in the middle of all that non-sense...

Can somebody explain what the benefits are to running the diffs lower. I've heared some people talking about it, but there seemed to be confusion as to what exactly this does for handling or drivetrain efficeincy.

Thanks in advance.
More traction....
Old 05-03-2007, 06:43 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Thanks in advance.
I'm still testing this as well. I've always been told lower diffs are more traction, but we have found the diff in the higher position is more traction on either end
Old 05-03-2007, 06:47 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Some of us have paid in advance for the car. I'm not saying that means Schumacher 'owes' us any answers. Just letting you know that some of us have paid.

I was reading over on the Schumacher boards(a post that dawgmeat just posted before me ) that a lot of UK shops don't take pre-pay or only take partial pay. Maybe thats what US shops will start to do. Cause I'm sure they don't like getting calls for updates anymore than SchUSA does. Delays like this are a stess on everybody, I realise that and nobody wants them to happen.

My only beef is when guys come on here and try to convice people they should be happy about it or shut up...

Thats my only beef...
Wow I feel bad for guys that have to prepay their local shop for kits. All of are shops around this area never require customers to do this unless they want to.

No one wants delays especially Schumacher. Delays not only cost money but cause greif for them and awaiting customers. I think they are truely trying to get the best possible product to us the consumer. I think we can all agree on that.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:48 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dawgmeat

So let me ask, if the delay is due to faulty bulkheads then why did the LHS sell the Mi3 in the UK
Come on Starling, I already answered this

Like Darkseid said, we all hate it and there is NOTHING that can be done by posting here or anywhere.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

Now back to our regularly scheduled program....

dana nana nana
Old 05-03-2007, 06:54 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by PW
I'm still testing this as well. I've always been told lower diffs are more traction, but we have found the diff in the higher position is more traction on either end
Interesting. Might have to change my EC some and see what happens. Been a while since i messed with this on my car. I have high in the rear and low in the front right now.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:57 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Alex Lopez
More traction....
Originally Posted by PW
Originally Posted by wyd
Interesting. Might have to change my EC some and see what happens. Been a while since i messed with this on my car. I have high in the rear and low in the front right now.

See, there I go again causing confusion again with one of my questions!
Old 05-03-2007, 07:00 PM
PW
Tech Elite

See, there I go again causing confusion again with one of my questions!
I think it's different for each car because of diff placement in relation to c/g, r/c, etc.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.