R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-03-2007, 11:47 AM   #18661
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Lopez
Well after putting my MI3 together last week, I was able to go out last night to Village R/C and do some testing with it last night. This car was box stock on old RP30's was faster than my MI2 EC and I thought my car was really good at this track. The car seamed to have the traction of my EC but with a lot more steering. I also tested with 5 cell and brushless( yeah brushless) and i thought it was amazingly fast.
Alex: what's up bro, its Yohan...you were at Coral Springs this past Sunday, and the Mi3 was working nicely...the track was a bit dirty, and traction was average, and the Mi3 was handling very well- lots os sterring and corner speed...you did have some esc issues- did you sort them out?

Brushless: you're hooked. You will be very happy with it- did you go LRP or Novak? I am telling you will not go back to brushed...now next time you run at Coral Springs you'll be able to spend more time running at the track and working on car set up instead of working on those pesky old brushed motors...you'll see a big differece...let us know when you'll come back to Coral Springs.

Later and Good luck at the Reedy race

"Release the Kraken"
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 11:57 AM   #18662
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alex Lopez

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Alex: what's up bro, its Yohan...you were at Coral Springs this past Sunday, and the Mi3 was working nicely...the track was a bit dirty, and traction was average, and the Mi3 was handling very well- lots os sterring and corner speed...you did have some esc issues- did you sort them out?

Brushless: you're hooked. You will be very happy with it- did you go LRP or Novak? I am telling you will not go back to brushed...now next time you run at Coral Springs you'll be able to spend more time running at the track and working on car set up instead of working on those pesky old brushed motors...you'll see a big differece...let us know when you'll come back to Coral Springs.

Later and Good luck at the Reedy race
I will be at CS this Sunday. I did try the Novak brushless system and I was very impressed. Doesnt mean I will run it at the Reedy race, but for now, I will test with it.
Alex Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:13 PM   #18663
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theisgroup
good luck this weekend. I was going to go with Tim if the car came in intime, but oh well. not a biggy.
i got a mi2ec if you want?????
Mr. McGoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:31 PM   #18664
Tech Initiate

Unhappy

My source tells me: The lastest report from the UK is that the bulkheads for the Mi3 for the first batch of pre-order kits and the team driver kits are not up to spec 100%. The kits are all packed and ready to ship out from the UK, but they are awaiting the new 100% correct bulkheads to come in this week. Once they come in late this week or early next week, they are thrown in the boxes and sent out to the US by mid to end of next week(May 6-13), and should arrive by the end of the week of May 13-20th. Pre-orders should be shipped and arriving the week of the Reedy race, May 20-27. Again, this is if everything goes as planned, and no further QC failures or delays. Realistically we are looking at another 2 weeks before MI3 we get our new toys....I'd be great if we could get an official statement from Shchumacher on this or somekind of clarification or confirmation...
RCLocos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:38 PM   #18665
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLocos
...I'd be great if we could get an official statement from Shchumacher on this or somekind of clarification or confirmation...
Yeah, good luck with that!
Old 05-03-2007, 12:46 PM   #18666
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo
thanks and I have yet to try it out - i am sure it will be fine, but i would prefer the steering link to be completely horizontal rather than have a slight angle downwards......

i just want to make sure i am not loosing anything - i will do some testing this weekend and I will let you know if changing the servo horn works better.....

marc
Cool.

Looking forward to hearing your reports.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:53 PM   #18667
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
My source tells me: The lastest report from the UK is that the bulkheads for the Mi3 for the first batch of pre-order kits and the team driver kits are not up to spec 100%. The kits are all packed and ready to ship out from the UK, but they are awaiting the new 100% correct bulkheads to come in this week. Once they come in late this week or early next week, they are thrown in the boxes and sent out to the US by mid to end of next week(May 6-13), and should arrive by the end of the week of May 13-20th. Pre-orders should be shipped and arriving the week of the Reedy race, May 20-27. Again, this is if everything goes as planned, and no further QC failures or delays. Realistically we are looking at another 2 weeks before MI3 we get our new toys....I'd be great if we could get an official statement from Shchumacher on this or somekind of clarification or confirmation...
the bulk head issue is getting old, ? for the UK have you had problems with your bulkheads, maybe the US gave their whole allotment to their 25-100% spondored drivers or RROC racers
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:56 PM   #18668
PW
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to PW

Quote:
Wow, that was a quick post! I think I just spoke with you on the phone letting you know what was going on. For the most part the post is accurate, but let me clarify a few things. Let me also go on record though that it's very disrespectful to call for info and then take it straight to online forums and get it wrong.

Kits were delayed another week because 2/3 of the production bulkheads failed QC. The only kits that have pre-production bulkheads would be "Team Drivers"! ALL pre-orders that have been filled in the UK have proper bulkheads out of the 1/3 that were correct.

We are also becoming very busy right now and don't have time to frequent the boards as much, so easy up on the offical demands publicly!!! Please call for updates and then KEEP IT to your self!!!!!

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:00 PM   #18669
Tech Master

Hey guys,

Ease up a bit. Rumors are just that. If Paul had any info about the kits being delayed, he would have put it out. Sponsored drivers dont have it any better. Only people attending the Reedy race got thier cars early. Many of us are waiting patiently just like you. Hopefully we will all get them soon
Team Driver For:
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Schumacher USA[/COLOR]
e[COLOR="DarkOrange"]X[COLOR="Black"]press Motorsports[/COLOR][/COLOR] "You've Been Tagged!!"
John's [COLOR="Red"]BSR [COLOR="Black"]Racing Tires[/COLOR][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]MW [/FONT][/COLOR]Designs
TXD Skin Graphix "Skin 2 Win!!"
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]Final Thoughts Racing[/COLOR]
Static_racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:10 PM   #18670
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static_racing
Hey guys,

Ease up a bit. Rumors are just that. If Paul had any info about the kits being delayed, he would have put it out. Sponsored drivers dont have it any better. Only people attending the Reedy race got thier cars early. Many of us are waiting patiently just like you. Hopefully we will all get them soon
Like yourself I'm in the navy also, maybe I have skills mayby not, maybe i can't make around for the RROC at that time frame My money spends the same way like everyone else on this forum, so if Joe Blow who sucks but is going to the RROC gets his car before anybody else
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:32 PM   #18671
Regional Moderator

...edit...

not much point...

Last edited by Darkseid; 05-03-2007 at 02:27 PM.
Darkseid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:36 PM   #18672
Regional Moderator

...edit...

Not much point here either...

Just trying to chill...

Last edited by Darkseid; 05-03-2007 at 02:28 PM.
Darkseid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:41 PM   #18673
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Come on guys. Just relax. Things happen. Team Drivers who are going to the Reedy Race got cars with bulkheads on them that didn't pass QC so we could get them on the track for one of the biggest races of the year. The issue that kept them from passing QC doesn't effect the cars performance, but you just have to be really careful while working on the car. That's the only reason we have these cars. If this were 3 months ago and there was no rush for us to get ready for Reedy, we would be getting cars at the same time as everyone else. There's no preferential treatment going on here. I'd hate to see what was posted on the Losi thread if this is how people react to a couple of delays. Especially delays that are to ensure that the customer gets a product that isn't going to have any major problems from the box.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:52 PM   #18674
Tech Addict

it's no big deal guys, just wait a little bit longer,,,,the wait will be worth it,
then watch out x-ray,,,here we come
gdcopbdcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:00 PM   #18675
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

From first pics to production to kits hitting the shelf Schumacher has easily been the fastest of all. The delays they have are minor. I don't mind the wait knowing how nice the product I receive will be when I get it.

Hey Kling is patiently breaking his MI2 EC until his new car arrives.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products

Last edited by wyd; 05-03-2007 at 05:43 PM.
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote