R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-02-2007, 01:18 PM   #18616
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
Basically set your ride height, then lift the car on that end, and measure your ride height again. On the Mi3 setup sheet, it says "droop (chassis to floor.)" This is the ride height measurement with the car lifted just high enough to have the tires touching the setup board. So on PW's setup sheet, it says 8mm droop chassis to floor with 5mm ride height. Set the ride height to 5mm, then lift the end of the car off the setup board and set it down so the tires just touch the board but put no load on the suspension and measure that height again. It should be at 8mm. This actually gives you 3mm of "true" droop when set this way.

This is the ONLY way to set droop consistently. Setting it by putting the chassis flat on the board and measuring the axle height can be effected by a number of different variables. If you change your camber, your axle height will be different. Changing roll center also will effect this measurement. Plus, changing ride height will effect your droop setting. If you're running 4mm ride height and you have the droop set to 8mm chassis to board (4mm true droop) and then raise your ride height to 5mm without changing your droop, you've just lost 1mm of droop too. Measuring axle height, or using droop blocks etc... doesn't take any of these variables into account.
Great Jon, thanks very much!
Team EAM
mutley001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:18 PM   #18617
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

You grown men and your video games....

Riding Bikes | Skiing | Helis | Rotor Rage | Cyclone Blades | RC Trim | Dead Kat Raceway
mini-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:25 PM   #18618
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet

Kevin you still dont have one yet ?

Kevin have you seen some of the pictures from the stock invite at the gate ? Seeing some of those pictures and all the shanagins that was going onreminded me of the halloween classic and seaball breaking in Weylin
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:46 PM   #18619
Tech Addict

Default MI3 parts

We have some MI3 parts in stock.

http://www.fasttrackhobbies.com/cata...p?cPath=47_104
Old 05-02-2007, 01:53 PM   #18620
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to rc-car-net Send a message via MSN to rc-car-net

why are you able to offer parts? the kits havn't arrived yet! are the parts available??
[SIZE="1"][URL="http://www.Rc-Car-Net.at"][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Rc-Car-Net[/COLOR][/URL] [COLOR=Cyan]-=-[/COLOR] [URL=http://www.RC-FORUM.at][COLOR=RoyalBlue]RC-Forum.at[/COLOR][/URL] [COLOR=Cyan]-=- [/COLOR] [URL=http://www.racing-cars.com][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Schumacher USA[/COLOR][/URL] [COLOR=Cyan]-=- [/COLOR] [URL=http://www.fantomracing.com][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Fantom Racing[/COLOR][/URL]

:tire::sneaky:[/size][size="2"] ................................. :sneaky::tire:
:sneaky::tire:[URL=http://www.summerchamps.de][COLOR="DarkOrange"]GERMANY Summer Champs[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]:tire::sneaky:
:tire::sneaky: ................................. :sneaky::tire:
rc-car-net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:01 PM   #18621
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

That's what Schumacher planned on doing, getting the production parts for the new cars in stock before the production cars. That way people have parts for the new car so when they break it the first run out they dont have to wait a few weeks to fix it.

Too many other kits have been released without solid parts support. One example is the Losi 8ight buggy.... the buggy has been out for months yet there are still parts for it that don't even have an ETA from the distributer .

Riding Bikes | Skiing | Helis | Rotor Rage | Cyclone Blades | RC Trim | Dead Kat Raceway
mini-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:19 PM   #18622
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-car-net
why are you able to offer parts? the kits havn't arrived yet! are the parts available??
The parts are coming in a little bit at a time. If you check our website we have some parts in stock now and more and more coming in everyday!!
Old 05-02-2007, 02:20 PM   #18623
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid
Man...when did I say PW had control over when the kits came in? I just asked if things had changed since last week, when things looked like they were FINALLY taking a positive turn.
All I'm trying to say is if they would post a date and somehow it changes no matter what they are still the ones that take the fall. They only know what the home office tells them or don't tell them. I do sales for a living and posting dates is one of the worst things you can do. Way too many variables.

I have customers that ask for a date and you give an approx. and then if it don't happen you never hear the end. Just trying to show that most understand but you will have some that just don't get it and cause unwanted grief. Not accusing Just going from what I learned in sales over the last 13 years.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:32 PM   #18624
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid
Since we're supposed to pretend we don't care about when we're getting our cars, and just ask questions about the car itself, here goes...

I've noticed that everyone building the kits new are starting with the kit belts. Why isn't anyone using the grey belts? Aren't they supposed to be more free?
I used the Grey items, luckily I had some spare in my EC spares box
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:32 PM   #18625
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
Basically set your ride height, then lift the car on that end, and measure your ride height again. On the Mi3 setup sheet, it says "droop (chassis to floor.)" This is the ride height measurement with the car lifted just high enough to have the tires touching the setup board. So on PW's setup sheet, it says 8mm droop chassis to floor with 5mm ride height. Set the ride height to 5mm, then lift the end of the car off the setup board and set it down so the tires just touch the board but put no load on the suspension and measure that height again. It should be at 8mm. This actually gives you 3mm of "true" droop when set this way.

This is the ONLY way to set droop consistently. Setting it by putting the chassis flat on the board and measuring the axle height can be effected by a number of different variables. If you change your camber, your axle height will be different. Changing roll center also will effect this measurement. Plus, changing ride height will effect your droop setting. If you're running 4mm ride height and you have the droop set to 8mm chassis to board (4mm true droop) and then raise your ride height to 5mm without changing your droop, you've just lost 1mm of droop too. Measuring axle height, or using droop blocks etc... doesn't take any of these variables into account.
This is also the only way to set droop without taking anything off the car, it's sooo easy to do and only takes seconds more after setting ride hieght.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:42 PM   #18626
Tech Elite

For those interested in body mounting, the front mount holes appear to be the same position as the EC/Mi2/Mission etc

The rear holes, width wise, are in between the carpet and asphalt towers (of course ) THey appear to be about 3mm further apart than the carpet tower mounts and about 6mm further back.

Skiddins
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:43 PM   #18627
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 240 (99%+)

Two weeks!!!

Oh wait this is for the MI3

Three weeks!!!
Old 05-02-2007, 02:45 PM   #18628
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 240 (99%+)

Every one be paitent!!!

This car is coming out faster than any of the other manufactures cars in the last year! Props to Schumacher!
Old 05-02-2007, 03:03 PM   #18629
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Post car

did the parts make it to the US yet ?
Old 05-02-2007, 03:04 PM   #18630
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd
All I'm trying to say is if they would post a date and somehow it changes no matter what they are still the ones that take the fall. They only know what the home office tells them or don't tell them. I do sales for a living and posting dates is one of the worst things you can do. Way too many variables.

I have customers that ask for a date and you give an approx. and then if it don't happen you never hear the end. Just trying to show that most understand but you will have some that just don't get it and cause unwanted grief. Not accusing Just going from what I learned in sales over the last 13 years.
Its a tough situation to be sure. And I understand that. But part of selling something to people, is them knowing when they'll be able to buy it. And basically the way things are in R/C(not just with the Mi3), its like "it may be here today, may be tomorrow...may be 'two weeks', may be a month." And to be fair to the racers, its hard to plan out your season and your racing with that kind of time table. And as was discussed once on the Schumacher Mi3 boards, asking people to be excited about a product, getting people hyped about a product, advertising a product, having them maintain that excited state for a month+, then asking them not to be frustrated with delays, and be satisfied with rumors for information...thats a little wishful thinking.

So like I said, I'm not blaming anyone, but at the same time I don't think people should have to pretend they're not frustrated, apologize for wanting the kit or aviod the subject of "when am I getting my car", like its a big white elephant in the room.

Sorry if this type of stuff causes unwanted grief.(I'm not one of those calling SchUSA...I swear )

Last edited by Darkseid; 05-02-2007 at 03:14 PM.
Darkseid is offline   Reply With Quote