Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Schumacher Corner >

Schumacher Corner

Schumacher Corner

Old 04-18-2007, 07:29 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
isnt there an "R" missing after the TA05 in your sig?
Nah, just the regular for me with smartly chosen hop ups here and there. No money for the "R" right now. All my money as of late has gone to paying for and getting ready for the Mi3.

Originally Posted by Hebiki
with the popularity of this car... i dont even know if i'll get one in the first batch!
Aww man, you didn't pre-order early? Shame on you. Heck even over in the UK, guys are already finding themselves on the 'second-batch' list.

Looks like the car is selling quite well. Hopefully not at my local track though. I kinda like being one of the few who owns a car at the track.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aus jd 2703
oops sorry i mean carpet foam to rubber aphsalt?
ive heard its twitchy on carpet?
Racing on carpet is just a more aggressive style of driving. There is a lot more traction than racing on asphalt with rubber tires. Foam tires can be a bit twitchy especially when the traction is very high, but it's definitely faster, more aggressive and in my opinion a bit more fun.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:42 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darkseid
Nah, just the regular for me with smartly chosen hop ups here and there. No money for the "R" right now. All my money as of late has gone to paying for and getting ready for the Mi3.

Aww man, you didn't pre-order early? Shame on you. Heck even over in the UK, guys are already finding themselves on the 'second-batch' list.

Looks like the car is selling quite well. Hopefully not at my local track though. I kinda like being one of the few who owns a car at the track.
I use to be the only Schumacher running at are track. Then two of my friends bought the EC and they started going faster than ever before. Now where at 3 guys. Now with the new car coming out will have at least 5 or 6 guys and the list is growing every week. Guys who made fun or me now have the MI3 on order. Now I have the last laugh as they are scrambling to get a new car. Cool thing is the amount of improvement of Schumacher cars running in my area now.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:43 AM
Tech Elite

I'm becoming really glad I ordered mine in January

Still biting my nails waiting for it though.

Skiddins
Old 04-19-2007, 05:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

WYD and I have our Mi2EC's dailed at our indoor asphalt track. We have drivers taking notice. I've had my car for year now and it was the best thing I have done. I think the other day one of the guys asked WYD why do you want another car when this one is working so good.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

Foam racing is all good until you get back to the pits. trueing tire, resetting droop ride height and roll-out can be a real pain in the a$$
Old 04-19-2007, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aus jd 2703
whats the difference between foam and aphsalt as in driving and handling?
in australia particularly my state there is no carpet racing so im curious to hear what its like.
cheers guys
Foam and asphalt are two completely different animals!!! Alot of folks think foam is easier, but just like Kerr said, you can be quick on foams, but its difficult to be fast.

Foam racing is much more aggressive racing in my opinion. Its just faster b/c how much corner speed you can carry opposed to rubber tire. I think rubber tire makes you a better foam racer b/c with rubber tires, especially in low traction situations, you have to "nurse" the car a little more around the corners. I think you can "see" a bad setup on a rubber tire car much more easily than you can on a foam car.

just my $.02
Old 04-19-2007, 11:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
Foam racing is all good until you get back to the pits. trueing tire, resetting droop ride height and roll-out can be a real pain in the a$$
It is not a big deal. You have a rollout chart. Which you really don't have to change the gearing all that often, maybe after two heats or so, you check the tire size and regear if necessary. you don't reset the droop only ride height, IF necessary after maybe 3 heats. I do it once before the qualifying heats start and before the mains. You get a nice routine going and it's not an issue at all. You only true the tires once, you're not retruing the tires all the time just when they're new.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sigearhead
It is not a big deal. You have a rollout chart. Which you really don't have to change the gearing all that often, maybe after two heats or so, you check the tire size and regear if necessary. you don't reset the droop only ride height, IF necessary after maybe 3 heats. I do it once before the qualifying heats start and before the mains. You get a nice routine going and it's not an issue at all. You only true the tires once, you're not retruing the tires all the time just when they're new.
hmm i thought if you set the droop over ride height(with foams) isnt the droop going to change once the tires wear down??
Old 04-19-2007, 11:35 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
True...

It tends to take a little away from the relaxing nature of running BL/LiPo. But its not too bad.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
hmm i thought if you set the droop over ride height(with foams) isnt the droop going to change once the tires wear down??
Not enough over a race day that you're always readjusting it. The ride height doesn't really change all that much either unless you're running 19t or mod, the tire wear is not that much over the course of one race day.

I don't have to clean my tires, apply traction compound for x amount of minutes then put tire warmers for x amount of minutes, only take them off immediately before the start of the race, dirt and grit all over the drivetrain and other parts, like in outdoor asphalt. Not really trying to start a conflict of what's easier or harder but rather trying to explain to some that don't run foam tires much, that it's not much different and definitely not more work than the other, just different things to pay attention to.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:00 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

marcos,your tires arent wearing,they are peeling and crying for mercy just messin bro,im in the same boat.guys who run foam all the time have much better success with there tires than we do.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:03 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo
Foam and asphalt are two completely different animals!!! Alot of folks think foam is easier, but just like Kerr said, you can be quick on foams, but its difficult to be fast.

Foam racing is much more aggressive racing in my opinion. Its just faster b/c how much corner speed you can carry opposed to rubber tire. I think rubber tire makes you a better foam racer b/c with rubber tires, especially in low traction situations, you have to "nurse" the car a little more around the corners. I think you can "see" a bad setup on a rubber tire car much more easily than you can on a foam car.

just my $.02
very well put.foam racing is extremely aggressive and hard to adjust to for us rubber asphalt guys.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:06 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Sigearhead
once you adjust your ride height your droop setting goes out the window.in big race conditions,you need to readjust the droop and retrue the tires to get all the tires equal sizes again.its a pain but i do enjoy it.i had alot of fun running foam tire but i can see without tire sponsors,this could be either very difficult to be competitive or run you broke.at least the way i chunk tires. the pipe is not my friend on foam
Old 04-19-2007, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking Foam Tires

I have run foam tires on asphalt for the past year, and its a lot more fun than rubber, and cheaper. On a new set of 4 tires, we start them new at 65mm, and leave ride hight at 6mm. As they wear, then ride height drops to 5mm, and this takes about 3-4 runs. THen we adjust droop and ride height again to 5.5-6mm and run them for about 4-5 packs, and repeat untill there's nothing left and you're drifting. The car with foam tires is much more forgiving, and a mediocre set-up with the right foam tires will make the car run like dialed rubber set up. With foam tires you dont need to be so precise with set-up to ge the car to work nicely, and of course, running foams will make the car much more aggressive and drive a lot easier and faster. I am about .4-.5 faster per lap with my well set-up car with foams than I am with a good set-up rubber tires...its just faster and easier to drive with foam tires...ask the nitro guys!! Let's see how well they'd be driving with rubber tires! There's no way their cars would haldle the same if they raced with rubber tires...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.