Old 04-11-2007, 12:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minnesh
help here guys,
picked this car a few months ago with a losi xxxs
well up to date had no luck at all with the losi ,gearing is an issue
will i have the same problem with this car
or should i just not waste my time at all.
as i am running it in a 540 class
i also need a few parts to complete the car
advise will be greatly used here
thanks
minnesh .ps. does any one here run it in a 540 johnson classs
Minnesh.....Gearing I dont think will be an issue if you have the spur gear adapter. With the Adapter you should be able to run about any ratio you need. Im not sure how well Schumacher still stocks parts for that car they might have some you best bet is to check the Schumacher web site and see what they still have. The car was a good car back in its time I dont think you will be at any disadvantage running it in the 540 class. If you are running outside you might want to change the top plate to the Axis2 style top plate or lack there of and use the tie rods top plate system. You can also use them to set the belt tension a little as well and make the drive train more free and that would help in the 540 class. Also you can swap your rear bulk heads by using the tops on the bottom and the bottoms on the top that helps free the drive train up more. I hope this helps you out....if there is anything more just ask.

The 540 class isnt very big here in the US other then at the Tamiya Series races and only Tamiya cars race in that series.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:12 PM
PW
Tech Elite

I did a quick screw count for the Mi3 for anyone that is looking to upgrade to Ti I posted every screw, but there will be places you don't want Ti.

Please send donations to my paypal account

Crap; forgot 2 M3x6 csk screws to hold the servo to the mounts
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Mi3_screw_kit.pdf (11.1 KB, 189 views)

Last edited by PW; 04-11-2007 at 01:22 PM.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:25 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Updated list
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Mi3_screw_kit.pdf (11.1 KB, 882 views)
Old 04-11-2007, 01:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Are you running TiR driveshafts PW? What does the car weigh with that setup plus shell on?

Sam
Old 04-11-2007, 01:38 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sam_Smith
Are you running TiR driveshafts PW? What does the car weigh with that setup plus shell on?

Sam
Those are the stock driveshafts

Kerr...That servo is the Futuba S9550
Old 04-11-2007, 01:40 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
Dark- Get yourself a Spektrum Pro and you'll be completely crystal free and be able to use the smallest receiver out there
I've thought about it, but seeing pretty much 50/50 good/bad opinions on the original system on the boards and locally, has kept me from making the leap. Maybe the Pro system is better, but its still a big investment when I already have a good crystaless setup.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
I did a quick screw count for the Mi3 for anyone that is looking to upgrade to Ti I posted every screw, but there will be places you don't want Ti.

Please send donations to my paypal account

Crap; forgot 2 M3x6 csk screws to hold the servo to the mounts

if you dont mind i would like it broken down into total number of threads amongst all the screws

Last edited by protc3; 04-11-2007 at 05:24 PM.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darkseid
I've thought about it, but seeing pretty much 50/50 good/bad opinions on the original system on the boards and locally, has kept me from making the leap. Maybe the Pro system is better, but its still a big investment when I already have a good crystaless setup.
I was just as skeptical too. I had issues with the original system. But I tried the Pro system after a little while and if anything, the car feels more responsive. I run it in my TC's, 1/12 scale, and 1/8 scale buggy. Not one problem since I switched to it.

You're right, it is a big investment. Especially with the micro receivers running $100. But in my mind, it was worth every penny.

Last edited by Jon Kerr; 04-11-2007 at 09:02 PM.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:25 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

yeah man,spektrum is great.ive been running it for a while.i will never go back to crystals
Old 04-11-2007, 10:05 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I'm still weary of the Spectrum stuff personally, gonna stick to RC03 until I stop hearing any complaints about it whatsoever...
Old 04-11-2007, 10:12 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
I was just as skeptical too. I had issues with the original system. But I tried the Pro system after a little while and if anything, the car feels more responsive. I run it in my TC's, 1/12 scale, and 1/8 scale buggy. Not one problem since I switched to it.

You're right, it is a big investment. Especially with the micro receivers running $100. But in my mind, it was worth every penny.
I had nothing but problems out of my spektrum pro system from day one. I used it for about 2 months and went to the Futaba system and all my problems went away AND the Futaba system is a LOT faster than the Spektrum Pro.

If you use a Futaba then spend in the Fasst system!!

EA
Old 04-11-2007, 10:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I guess I was one of the lucky one regarding spektrum. I had mine on order when they first came out and I have had zero problems. I switched over to the Pro system a while back, but to be honest, I can't tell a huge difference.

In my offroad equipment I still use some of my original 2 year old Rx's - and both my wife and i can't complain one bit.

I love my spektrum equipment, especially the new small pro receivers!

Just my worthless $0.02
Old 04-12-2007, 12:37 AM
Tech Regular

I heard at our local club on tuesday night the ROBIN SCHUMACHER was at the BTCC at Stafford over the weekend showing of the Mi3, i also here that a LHS that i go to could have a rep visit some time this week
Old 04-12-2007, 04:36 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo
I guess I was one of the lucky one regarding spektrum. I had mine on order when they first came out and I have had zero problems. I switched over to the Pro system a while back, but to be honest, I can't tell a huge difference.

In my offroad equipment I still use some of my original 2 year old Rx's - and both my wife and i can't complain one bit.

I love my spektrum equipment, especially the new small pro receivers!

Just my worthless $0.02
I had the orignal one for my JR R-1 and from day one it worked perfectly and never gave me any problems. I still the radio and all the receivers for it today and they still work great. I'm using the Nomadio setup now but the same crystaless setup which is great. Its fast and upgradeable from simple downloads. Not the coolest looking radios but hell I only care if it works or not and it does.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:51 AM
Tech Addict

PW, what brand are those Ti screws? Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.