R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-09-2002, 12:28 PM   #1786
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hi Matt...thanks for the quick reply...I've got 3 Axis2's at the moment...one has the CF chassis, and the other 2 have the S1's. I see what you're saying...my CF car does NOT have any spacers used under the suspension or housings...What affect does this have...with or without the spacers?

Ron
AZ_Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 02:23 PM   #1787
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to MattW

The spacers under the rear should give you more grip. But personally i always prefered the way the car felt without them. It seemed much smoother because it was prone to mid corner breakaway with them in.
MattW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 04:19 PM   #1788
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

_Neas_......If you drivetrain felt bound up and comes to an abrupt stop it might be that your diff pulleys are not centered. What I mean is the way that the diff pulley is is molded it may have a slight high spot in it. You can see the hight spot as it is the place that the pulley would come off the parts tree if it was on one. There is a little mark on the teeth gear and this is usualy the high spot. What you may want to try this if you have not already, is mark this high spot with a sharpie marker on the front and rear diff's and set them in the car so the high spots are always at the same place during the rotation of the drivetrain. If this is not setup properly you could have a tight then a loose spot in the drivetrain. This might be what you and others are feeling. Its easy to see the spot in the diff gear just look at this out of the car and you will see a spot on the teeth that has like a mark on it, its in the center of the gear this is the high spot. I hope this helps if you have not done this already.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 07:08 PM   #1789
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default YO ADRIAN!!!!

Adrian,
I just saw the pics of the nitro fusionin RCCA and on the web site.

My question... Is the car based on the mission, is it 200mm, and can one of todays high-power .12's be easily retrofitted into the chassis along with a standard 2 speed? Also will there be a version for sale without an engine, and what does the retail price look to be as of now?

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 09:14 PM   #1790
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

IMPACT-The Fusion is still in development so there are some details about the car that are still up in the air. What we do know is that it will be marketed as an extreme 200mm sedan. The Fusion will not be designed to be raced competitively and will only come with a .21 engine w/3spd. A full on racing sedan will be coming late this year or very early next year. The decision to produce cars in this order was determined by the fact that fun cars outsell race cars 25-1 in the current marketplace. Example, HPI sells more Nitro RS4 RTR's in one year than Mugen, Serpent, Trinity and Kyosho racing nitro sedans combined.

AZ Ron-The S1 A2 Chassis has higher inner lower hinge pins mounts than the Carbon A2 Chassis. The carbon chassis comes with blocks to raise the rear pin to the same level as the S1 chassis for more traction. However, we almost always ran the pins low as MattW stated.

We ran a chassis like you are talking about on a heavily modified A2 (A2.5) to determine battery mounting location for the Mission before the Mission drivetrain was ready. I wont get into detail of this car because it was just a test mule and the Mission was FAR better. Leave the cutting of graphite to our nice new ($400,000) CNC routing center and get a Mission. You can not comprehend how much better it is than the A2.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 09:04 AM   #1791
Tech Addict

Hi MattW/Adrian...thanks for the info on the chassis differences.
I was thinking about doing my own chassis...I've done it before...just because I like to play! I would like to get a Mission, but I want to get my driving skills up to where it's warranted...I need a good couple of months on the track. I'm a long time oval racer, with a little offroad...this is my first endeavor into Onroad, and the whole concept of having to actually MOVE your throttle finger during the race is alien to me

Adrian, I've got my car to where I'd say it's probably 98% of where I want it to be....I'd like just a tiny bit more rear traction, and if I have to give up a tad of steering for it, that's fine...my current setup is listed above...I posted it a few days ago.

Thanks!

This forum absolutely ROCKS!!!!!!!

Ron
Old 04-10-2002, 09:46 AM   #1792
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

AZ: Nothing will improve your driving faster than a good car. Get the Mission...

For more rear traction increase the rear toe (up to 3.5d each side), run a harder tire in front, run the front swaybar, softer rear springs, or look way back in this forum for some of the mods we made for rear bite. Hope that helps...
SpeedWorld Raceway Roseville CA.
Racer X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 10:00 AM   #1793
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

az_ron - quick fix, move both your shock positions to 2 on the tower, right now you are setup for a dominate front end. If you want to get anal, get the steel universal shafts (dogbones). The cvd's always want to drive flat so they stiffen the car up in a corner.

AE | Reedy | KO | Tekin | Powermaster | Avid | Upgrade | BCE | Paint by Smiley
David Joor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 11:29 PM   #1794
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to JesseT

The plastic ones are not CVDs, if those are the ones you talked about. Nevertheless, the steel ones are superior.
JesseT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 05:52 AM   #1795
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey Adrian: I'm finished building my Mission except for slapping the electronics on the chassis. I had a few questions though.

There are some differences between my Mission and the ones I have seen tested in the publications. The snap on pulley guides and belt guides on the diffs are black instead of white. Also, instead of all Blue springs, mine came with all Yellow springs.

Why the differences?
Old 04-11-2002, 06:15 AM   #1796
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to RC Raptor Send a message via Yahoo to RC Raptor

I bought mine3 weeks ago and they had blue schocks.
RC Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 06:22 AM   #1797
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

Darlseid,

Did you get an S1 or Carbon Mission. My S1 came with Yellow springs, and my Carbon one came with blue.
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 07:18 AM   #1798
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Oasis2001

Quick question for all you RC racer dudes. It may be stupid but does anyone know the sapecs of a GM 2003 servo? their wesbite was updated and doesnt have the old specs on it

Im looking at getting a KO 2174 servo which is 12kg and 0.13 sec but im worried this is too slow. I was after a KO 2173 at 0.09 which is perfect but they are unavailable in Australia. AANyone jave experience in this? Servos are something I never have really bothered with(stupidly) but this is changing!
Oasis2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 07:51 AM   #1799
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

JesseT - The ones that it comes with are not CVD clones of some sort, I never looked to closely at them. Is it like a universal with a longer pin on one side? Anyways, thanks, I will check it out, I was just assuming by the look.

AE | Reedy | KO | Tekin | Powermaster | Avid | Upgrade | BCE | Paint by Smiley
David Joor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 10:46 AM   #1800
Tech Addict

David...I was under the impression that laying the shock down more would give you more bite on whichever end you laid them down on....If I understand what you're saying, if I bring the top of the rear shocks a little more upright, that will give me MORE bite in the rearend?

THANKS!

Ron