Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 09:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default track time

The car has been on the track for 16 packs and is as good if not better than any other car i have had. Car seems to react to changes more than other cars i have had. Dont worry clint it will still turn faster times in stock than you will in mod! Tomorrow is the first day of testing on asphalt and im sure the car will be just as good as it was on carpet.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AARON YOUNG
The car has been on the track for 16 packs and is as good if not better than any other car i have had. Car seems to react to changes more than other cars i have had. Dont worry clint it will still turn faster times in stock than you will in mod! Tomorrow is the first day of testing on asphalt and im sure the car will be just as good as it was on carpet.
You keep saying that but you're always the brides maid but never the bride......LOL

TEAM HIGH FIVE
Old 03-02-2007, 06:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Alex Lopez
EC IS DIALED!!! THE MI3 WILL BE A DREAM!!!
Hi Alex....will the M13 be more suited to carpet or asphalt ?

Thanks Adrian G.

Last edited by ernie; 03-03-2007 at 02:39 AM.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:35 PM
Tech Addict

What setups are you guys running for outdoors these days? Think i'm going to take the EC for a spin tomorrow at superior if it doesnt rain.

Last edited by IslandBwoy; 03-03-2007 at 06:53 PM.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:47 PM
Tech Addict

Its funny how Adrian signs on and say that he loves man; and seaball immediately reply with ygpm

Originally Posted by seaball
ygpm!
Old 03-03-2007, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

Hey guys,

The Schuie was rock'n tonight at "The Track". I shaved 7/10ths' off my usuall lap times. PW - Thanks for the set-up. I went with light blue springs and 1mm droop front and 1.5mm droop rear. I was using BSR "black" dot tires and the car was awsome. I know it can go faster, I just have to keep it off the boards! Next week will be killer!
Old 03-03-2007, 09:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Static_racing
Hey guys,

The Schuie was rock'n tonight at "The Track". I shaved 7/10ths' off my usuall lap times. PW - Thanks for the set-up. I went with light blue springs and 1mm droop front and 1.5mm droop rear. I was using BSR "black" dot tires and the car was awsome. I know it can go faster, I just have to keep it off the boards! Next week will be killer!
can you post the set up or pm me with it. i would like to try it
Old 03-03-2007, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

No problem, I'll post it sometime tomorrow.

Mike
Old 03-04-2007, 11:13 AM
Tech Adept

I have studied pictures of the MI3 for many hours during the last weeks
and I'm wondering about the reliability of the Twin pivot block design.
Can someone at Schu USA inform about the relibility of these. As I understand they will not move and bind up the suspension until the hingpins get bent? Basically how many hits with the barriares can they take compared to other cars.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:52 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I don't see it being any less reliable than any other car out their. I have looked at the car for over a month and don't see any week points. If it holds up half of what my EC does (2 broken caster blocks in 10 months of racing) then great.

The car has been tested and is being tested and from what I have been told the car has been nothing but excellent all the way around.

I'm sure PW or Adrian can post more when they see this.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:11 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Any Mi3 issues so far with the front spool and the CVDs? I know there had been some recent issues with the current car and CVD pins.

I've never used a spool in a car, mainly because they are so hard on the front end equipment. Will this be an issue with the Mi3?
Old 03-04-2007, 07:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The problem with the EC and the front CVD pins is a flaw in the CVD design. The coupling in the stock EC CVD's is hollow. So there was nothing on the back side of the pin opposite the set screw to support the pin. If the set screw was tightened too much, it will bend or even snap the cross pin. So people were having the pins just break without hitting anything. (The new CVD's that are available have been revised and this isn't an issue any longer.) I had one stock CVD break the whole time I've been running the EC. I just tighten the set screw down enough to hold everything.

As for the spool being hard on the front end, yes it is. That's what the blades are for. Blades wear out fast on the EC with a spool. But as long as they're replaced before they're dead, there won't be any issues. The new spool will have a thicker out drive so the surface where it contacts the blade won't be so sharp. This should make the blades last much longer.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by moonman
I have studied pictures of the MI3 for many hours during the last weeks
and I'm wondering about the reliability of the Twin pivot block design.
Can someone at Schu USA inform about the relibility of these. As I understand they will not move and bind up the suspension until the hingpins get bent? Basically how many hits with the barriares can they take compared to other cars.
We are way ahead of you on this...

There are other top cars on the market that have a problem with the screws holding the suspension mounts to the bulkhead bending. We have learned from this and as a result this is much less of an issue on the Mi3. The Mi3's you have seen are a prototype and an early Pre Production car that had a lot of proto parts on it so we could have a complete car at Nuremburg.

There are two diffrences in the Mi3's you have seen and what will be on the final Mi3 that make it a lot tougher in this respect than other cars on the market.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
The problem with the EC and the front CVD pins is a flaw in the CVD design. The coupling in the stock EC CVD's is hollow. So there was nothing on the back side of the pin opposite the set screw to support the pin. If the set screw was tightened too much, it will bend or even snap the cross pin. So people were having the pins just break without hitting anything. (The new CVD's that are available have been revised and this isn't an issue any longer.) I had one stock CVD break the whole time I've been running the EC. I just tighten the set screw down enough to hold everything.

As for the spool being hard on the front end, yes it is. That's what the blades are for. Blades wear out fast on the EC with a spool. But as long as they're replaced before they're dead, there won't be any issues. The new spool will have a thicker out drive so the surface where it contacts the blade won't be so sharp. This should make the blades last much longer.
This is great news!!! I currently cut tamiya body pins since it fits perfectly, storng and flexible. can't wait for the mi3 to arrive at our shores thanks so much for the update and information.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
The car has been tested and is being tested and from what I have been told the car has been nothing but excellent all the way around.
i am quite pleased with the mi3 on foam tires. not only is it much easier to work on (a feature that schumacher drivers have been patiently waiting for), but it's, so far, more balanced than any of the schumacher cars i've driven to date. there's no doubt in my mind that this car will trump any of the current cars, and waiting for the factory to get the details perfect will be well worth the sacrifice.

after looking at the pics of this car, i had said that these guys got it right, this time. now i am positive of that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.