R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-05-2007, 11:16 PM   #17386
Tech Master
 
mini-dub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: seattle
Posts: 1,632
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM
Its that kind of talk that will get you wearing a dress again
Does this mean I get to race against Clint??? ANOTHER DRESS CHALLENGE!! WOOO HOOO!!

But this time it really wont be fair, an Mi3 on asphalt vs an xray... ha. Did you want to be more handicapped than vegas? LOL

Aww man A-lo you're running mod? Does that mean I have to run 19t again and get launched off the track every main? Damn.
__________________
Weylin Rose - www.shiftedcinema.com

Riding Bikes | Skiing | Helis | Rotor Rage | Cyclone Blades | RC Trim | Dead Kat Raceway
mini-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:40 AM   #17387
Tech Elite
 
HarshGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 3,379
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AARON YOUNG
Dont forget me guys!
They won't forget you after the 1st time they see your "special DVD's" at the team meetings

...you guys need to be nice to STLNLST this month.
__________________
http://www.arroyoc.com
http://www.gearchart.com
http://www.weracemountainbikes.com
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:46 AM   #17388
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,844
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-dub
Does this mean I get to race against Clint??? ANOTHER DRESS CHALLENGE!! WOOO HOOO!!

But this time it really wont be fair, an Mi3 on asphalt vs an xray... ha. Did you want to be more handicapped than vegas? LOL

Aww man A-lo you're running mod? Does that mean I have to run 19t again and get launched off the track every main? Damn.
Where's the love??? You first must get a home track to even get any practice in.. No more bets for me. I just leave it all out on the track from now on. I'll be running mod at the reedy so I will be able to put your car down for 19 turn
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:49 AM   #17389
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,844
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGuy
...you guys need to be nice to STLNLST this month.
Thanks Harsh. They didn't remember that this was black history month. If I still ran for Schumacher I'd expect PW to send me a MI3 before anyone else.... I got your back for cinco de mayo bro!!!
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 10:44 PM   #17390
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 230
Default

Hi All

Is their any alternative than running the normal 1-way in the mission 1.
The 1's in the mission 1 use those small 1-way bearings and die quickly.
Can run one the heavy duty 1-way's in a mission 1, or what other 1-way alternative could i use ?.

Also with regards to servo speed.
Futaba 9650 , 62.5 oz , 0.11 sec @ 6v
Futaba 9402 , 111 oz, 0.10 sec @ 6v
Futaba 3305 , 123.4 oz , 0.20 sec @ 6v

What differences would you see on the track in a touring car ?, one is quicker with less torque, and 1 is slower with more torque, would you see the 0.1 sec ?
Also is the 9650 a good servo, its small and light as well. is quick but less torque.

Thanks guys
MoonTrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 10:47 PM   #17391
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,592
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kave
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonTrap
Hi All

Is their any alternative than running the normal 1-way in the mission 1.
The 1's in the mission 1 use those small 1-way bearings and die quickly.
Can run one the heavy duty 1-way's in a mission 1, or what other 1-way alternative could i use ?.

Also with regards to servo speed.
Futaba 9650 , 62.5 oz , 0.11 sec @ 6v
Futaba 9402 , 111 oz, 0.10 sec @ 6v
Futaba 3305 , 123.4 oz , 0.20 sec @ 6v

What differences would you see on the track in a touring car ?, one is quicker with less torque, and 1 is slower with more torque, would you see the 0.1 sec ?
Also is the 9650 a good servo, its small and light as well. is quick but less torque.

Thanks guys
The 9650 is a 12th scale servo, if you are looking for a servo for your sedan get a 9550, and out of the ones listed there the 9402 is the only solid option.

Kevin
Kave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 11:39 PM   #17392
Tech Master
 
scott_g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Brisbane, Aus
Posts: 1,786
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to scott_g Send a message via Skype™ to scott_g
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kave
The 9650 is a 12th scale servo, if you are looking for a servo for your sedan get a 9550, and out of the ones listed there the 9402 is the only solid option.

Kevin
I've been running the 9402 in modified (first in the mi2, now the EC) for well over two years now - and it's been 100% reliable and good performance for the $$. I'd recommend it as being entirely suitable.
__________________
schumacher, speedpassion and more plus race blog at www.actionrc.com.au
twittering @ scottyg_rc
scott_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 06:27 AM   #17393
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: M-I-A
Posts: 591
Send a message via AIM to Alex Lopez
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-dub
Does this mean I get to race against Clint??? ANOTHER DRESS CHALLENGE!! WOOO HOOO!!

But this time it really wont be fair, an Mi3 on asphalt vs an xray... ha. Did you want to be more handicapped than vegas? LOL

Aww man A-lo you're running mod? Does that mean I have to run 19t again and get launched off the track every main? Damn.

HAHAHA!!! I rememeber that. You should run mod if your up to it, but if you do, we need to find a wheeler to run 19t.
Alex Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 06:36 AM   #17394
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,055
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Alex do you have a setup from the series race you just ran? Your car was very consistant by looking at your times for each race. At that race was your setup and PW's pretty close?

I know the new car is coming out soon but unitl then I like to try many different setups to see what they offer me vs. some other setups I have tried.

Thanks
Brian
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005)
Bumps & Jumps RC (One of the best racing facilities around)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC) Great aluminum upgrades for many brands.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 06:44 AM   #17395
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: M-I-A
Posts: 591
Send a message via AIM to Alex Lopez
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd
Alex do you have a setup from the series race you just ran? Your car was very consistant by looking at your times for each race. At that race was your setup and PW's pretty close?

I know the new car is coming out soon but unitl then I like to try many different setups to see what they offer me vs. some other setups I have tried.

Thanks
Brian
PW's car and my car were close, but there were differences on the cars. I dont rememeber what Pablo had on his car, but i think it was just stiffer front spring. Dont quote me on that. Team Schumacher was able to supply me with a standard asphalt set-up that they use almost everywhere as a starting point for asphalt racing. I only made a few minor changes that seemed to have had drastic effects on the car's performance. I changed wheelbase(moved the rear arms all the way back), messed around with camber( -1front, -2 rear), spaced out the rear wheel 1mm, ran the carpet tower up front, and thats about it. I'll post the set-up if it will help.
Alex Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 06:44 AM   #17396
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,844
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Lopez
HAHAHA!!! I rememeber that. You should run mod if your up to it, but if you do, we need to find a wheeler to run 19t.
are you gonna run some gieco stickers
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 06:47 AM   #17397
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,055
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Lopez
Team Schumacher was able to supply me with a standard asphalt set-up that they use almost everywhere as a starting point for asphalt racing. I only made a few minor changes that seemed to have had drastic effects on the car's performance. I changed wheelbase(moved the rear arms all the way back), messed around with camber( -1front, -2 rear), spaced out the rear wheel 1mm, ran the carpet tower up front, and thats about it. I'll post the set-up if it will help.
Thanks. I think I have tried that starting setup. Will have to check my notes and setup sheets.

Appreciate the help.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005)
Bumps & Jumps RC (One of the best racing facilities around)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC) Great aluminum upgrades for many brands.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 06:47 AM   #17398
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: M-I-A
Posts: 591
Send a message via AIM to Alex Lopez
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST
are you gonna run some gieco stickers

HAHAHA!!! Ill be sporting Team Caveman decals on the ride at the Reedy race. I'd dial you in if you were still on the team. But since we're both minorities in the R/C scene, I might be able to dial you in.
Alex Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 07:08 AM   #17399
Tech Regular
 
rc-car-net's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Austria
Posts: 303
Send a message via ICQ to rc-car-net Send a message via MSN to rc-car-net
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Lopez
I'll post the set-up if it will help.
Hi Alex,

would be great if you could IM me the standard setup of schumacher and your setup of the race.

thanks
__________________
[SIZE="1"][URL="http://www.Rc-Car-Net.at"][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Rc-Car-Net[/COLOR][/URL] [COLOR=Cyan]-=-[/COLOR] [URL=http://www.RC-FORUM.at][COLOR=RoyalBlue]RC-Forum.at[/COLOR][/URL] [COLOR=Cyan]-=- [/COLOR] [URL=http://www.racing-cars.com][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Schumacher USA[/COLOR][/URL] [COLOR=Cyan]-=- [/COLOR] [URL=http://www.fantomracing.com][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Fantom Racing[/COLOR][/URL]

:tire::sneaky:[/size][size="2"] ................................. :sneaky::tire:
:sneaky::tire:[URL=http://www.summerchamps.de][COLOR="DarkOrange"]GERMANY Summer Champs[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]:tire::sneaky:
:tire::sneaky: ................................. :sneaky::tire:
rc-car-net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 07:15 AM   #17400
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Green Bay, Wi
Posts: 12,614
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default

are the suspention risers need to run foam, I am also looking for a good foam setup
roadrashracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Corner Dots anyone? RCGaryK Electric On-Road 19 07-03-2006 11:12 PM
On the Corner RC-HPI R/C Photography 0 08-02-2005 10:53 PM
Snowbirds Around the Corner scarecrow Florida Racing 20 01-27-2005 10:43 AM
1/12th Corner GT Racer Singapore R/C Racers 26 03-04-2004 06:59 AM
Shumacher Corner in Aus jamesbaxter_81 Australian Racing 6 01-08-2004 02:36 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:42 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net