01-23-2007, 05:30 PM
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Originally Posted by Electro-MAX RC
I just picked up a used, but looks to be in pretty good shape MI2EC Carpet Spec. I was going to tear it down and rebuild but it looks like it's got most of the mods everyone spoke of on the form. I've been trying to wade thru some ~500 pages of info. but for those of you that know what are the significant mods I need to be aware of?
1) the car already has the HPI spring retainer mod.
2) plastic spacer for bump steer to save the front cvds.
3) I've seen the centerpoint steering mod, is this necessary?
4) Do I need to buy different toe in blocks for the rear? How do you change it?
5) Also with the front/rear suspension blocks, can you do squat and dive adjustments with shimms? just looks like the tolerances on the hinge pins are really tight (nice) don't want to bend anything.
I need a good set-up for tight indoor carpet stock foam track. please help, i want to start spanking the xray guys at my local track up here in MI.
Also I noticed Weylin's 19t IIC set-up was basically an EC foam-spec on Rubber tires. Is this correc? will my car be good in the 19t Carpet Rubber car? or is there too much to change?
I believe Weylins setup was an asphalt car but with a carpet chassis.
1) Not absolutely necessary but good anyway.
2) Again, good
3) No idea what you mean, must be a foam thing
4) The only way to add some rear toe is to fit the Mission/Mi2 rear pivot blocks for in front of the rear wishbones, takes it to 3deg, you can't reduce it at all.
5) Yes you can, I've definitely had 0.5mm difference between the front and rear of a wishbone, can't remember having tried 1mm or not.
Xray T4'17, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2017
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)