R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-03-2007, 05:24 AM   #16876
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 25,569
Trader Rating: 150 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverltd
Guys,
Anyone Know the length of Shumacher Front Belts? Need 171/172 teeth for my car? Or- what model has the longest belt??
Where do you guys get your parts????
Cheers
here is the hpi 172t
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLT92&P=7
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 06:26 AM   #16877
Tech Champion
 
AdrianM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,914
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus jd 2703
hey guys i bought a couple mod motors to muck around with (hoping to some how improve my driving) i was just freshning up my car. new thrust bearing new belts maybe a spur(though i think its still got 90% tooth) just maintence.
what else should i prep to get ready for 8 and 9 turn motors?
also whats a soft gearing set up for:
9 single
8 single
8 double?
im not racing so id like to conserve the motor, btw they are all team orion revolution old style (not oscar johansen).
btw happy new year.
cheers, Josh P
For the 8's start out with a final drive around 8.5 to 8.9. Go one tooth bigger for the 9T. Thats what we run on a 140x70 track here in Tampa. FYI, we run 7's at 9.00. That is borderline overgeared at our track but if you drop a tooth you are almost certain to shift or throw a wind and ruin the motor due to over revving at the end of the straight.

Note that under gearing a mod motor will burn it up just as fast as overgearing it. Under geared motors will rev like crazy at the end of the straight and this causes huge brush wear and thrown winds.

For max durability run Enduro Edge brushes and MR springs with 6-8 deg of timing. For max power run Sprint Edge brushes and the same spring and timing as above. With the current crop of high voltage cells you can't run much more timing than that. The low timing lets you run taller gear ratios to control motor rpm. Like I said...if you spin them too fast you will throw winds.
__________________
Adrian Martinez
What I run: Schumacher Mi5/Associated RC10R5.1/Associated RC12R5.2/Futaba/HobbyWing/Team EA Motorsports/BSR Racing
Where I run: Florida Indoor R/C Complex/Thunder Racing/Florida On Road State Series
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 06:55 AM   #16878
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,580
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus jd 2703
hey guys i bought a couple mod motors to muck around with (hoping to some how improve my driving) i was just freshning up my car. new thrust bearing new belts maybe a spur(though i think its still got 90% tooth) just maintence.
what else should i prep to get ready for 8 and 9 turn motors?
also whats a soft gearing set up for:
9 single
8 single
8 double?
im not racing so id like to conserve the motor, btw they are all team orion revolution old style (not oscar johansen).
btw happy new year.
cheers, Josh P
Make sure your running the black belts, bring the motor timing back to 0 deg (if your just messing about the slight loss in power won't matter and the brushes etc will last longer).
Make sure all your bearings are nice and free, and that are partly seized or slightly stiff will put extra load on the motrs etc.

Skiddins
__________________
Xray T4'17, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2017
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:07 AM   #16879
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: M-I-A
Posts: 591
Send a message via AIM to Alex Lopez
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM
For the 8's start out with a final drive around 8.5 to 8.9. Go one tooth bigger for the 9T. Thats what we run on a 140x70 track here in Tampa. FYI, we run 7's at 9.00. That is borderline overgeared at our track but if you drop a tooth you are almost certain to shift or throw a wind and ruin the motor due to over revving at the end of the straight.

Note that under gearing a mod motor will burn it up just as fast as overgearing it. Under geared motors will rev like crazy at the end of the straight and this causes huge brush wear and thrown winds.

For max durability run Enduro Edge brushes and MR springs with 6-8 deg of timing. For max power run Sprint Edge brushes and the same spring and timing as above. With the current crop of high voltage cells you can't run much more timing than that. The low timing lets you run taller gear ratios to control motor rpm. Like I said...if you spin them too fast you will throw winds.

Isn't this Tech support just about the best of any car manufacture on the market..... I can't wait to run the Mi2 this Saturday!!!
Alex Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:19 AM   #16880
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 20,967
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

The Schumacher guys do a great job of helping out the guys on this thread. Lots of great info in general in here.

Steve give me a call.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005)
Bumps & Jumps RC (One of the best racing facilities around)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC) Great aluminum upgrades for many brands.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:06 PM   #16881
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Brisbane. Australia
Posts: 1,820
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

cheers adrian and skiddins ill give it a go,
should i change set up or is that a more personal thing ive been running 540 so the car is a bit stiffer than a stock set up and i also try to get a lot more steering, just wanna know what to expect. (apart from crazy speed )
__________________
Josh P
to make Keith happy
Corally phi
M11
SP GT
SP 5.5,17.5
aus jd 2703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 02:51 PM   #16882
Tech Master
 
scott_g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Brisbane, Aus
Posts: 1,785
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to scott_g Send a message via Skype™ to scott_g
Default

Josh, run a kit standard setup for your first modified runs. The kit setup is safe and easy to drive and you'll have enough on your plate getting used to the speed.
__________________
schumacher, speedpassion and more plus race blog at www.actionrc.com.au
twittering @ scottyg_rc
scott_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 03:30 PM   #16883
Tech Champion
 
AdrianM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,914
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Yup, run the stock kit setup. I would remove the diff risers and the plates between the motor/layshaft mounts though.

The bigger challenge for you will be to learn not to pull the trigger as hard and use full throttle less often. I learned this little trick to help get started in Mod.

Say the world "One" The amount of time it takes you to say this word is how long it should take you to go from neutral to full throttle with a mod motor. If you cannot complete saying the word "One" in the time it take your car to get from one corner to the next then you should not use full throttle there.

There are of course exceptions but this little mental aid helps to force you to apply throttle smoothly when you get started.

Another tip is to reduce you brake endpoint (brakes are your friend ) so full brake slows the car but does not get it out of shape.

Be sure to lift off the thorttle and brake earlier then your are used to. Then work you way up to later lifting and harder braking.
__________________
Adrian Martinez
What I run: Schumacher Mi5/Associated RC10R5.1/Associated RC12R5.2/Futaba/HobbyWing/Team EA Motorsports/BSR Racing
Where I run: Florida Indoor R/C Complex/Thunder Racing/Florida On Road State Series
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 03:33 PM   #16884
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Downingtown, PA
Posts: 5,766
Trader Rating: 238 (99%+)
Default

The best customer support on the PLANET!!!
__________________
***Team driver for Team Associated, Reedy, A-Main Hobbies, ProTek RC, AKA, Race Ready Products, Garcia Graphix and Integy***
Fred Perkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 04:35 PM   #16885
Tech Champion
 
Jon Kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,658
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Lopez
Isn't this Tech support just about the best of any car manufacture on the market..... I can't wait to run the Mi2 this Saturday!!!
You coming to the Reedy Race this year Alex?
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 05:15 PM   #16886
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: M-I-A
Posts: 591
Send a message via AIM to Alex Lopez
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
You coming to the Reedy Race this year Alex?
YES!!!! You?
Alex Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 07:30 PM   #16887
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Portugal
Posts: 34
Default

Can someone help me geting the references for the diferent anti roll bar's from schumacher to fit the EC?

Thank's in advance
RFrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 07:55 PM   #16888
Tech Champion
 
AdrianM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,914
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFrancis
Can someone help me geting the references for the diferent anti roll bar's from schumacher to fit the EC?

Thank's in advance
U2727 1.7mm bars and U2728 1.5mm and 1.2mm bars fit the Mi2 and Mi2EC.
__________________
Adrian Martinez
What I run: Schumacher Mi5/Associated RC10R5.1/Associated RC12R5.2/Futaba/HobbyWing/Team EA Motorsports/BSR Racing
Where I run: Florida Indoor R/C Complex/Thunder Racing/Florida On Road State Series
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 07:57 PM   #16889
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Portugal
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM
U2727 1.7mm bars and U2728 1.5mm and 1.2mm bars fit the Mi2 and Mi2EC.

Thank's a lot Adrien
RFrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 08:32 PM   #16890
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Brisbane. Australia
Posts: 1,820
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

if we were to make our own sway bars what material is it? steel stainless or aluminium? im thinking steel cause it powder coated and stainless work hardens (sorry my dad is a sheet metal worker by trade so u pick these things up) just wouldnt mind trying a variety of bars.

also what and how did you guys dye your diff pulleys? and can i dye my rw spurs?
cheers
__________________
Josh P
to make Keith happy
Corally phi
M11
SP GT
SP 5.5,17.5

Last edited by aus jd 2703; 01-03-2007 at 08:49 PM.
aus jd 2703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Corner Dots anyone? RCGaryK Electric On-Road 19 07-03-2006 11:12 PM
On the Corner RC-HPI R/C Photography 0 08-02-2005 10:53 PM
Snowbirds Around the Corner scarecrow Florida Racing 20 01-27-2005 10:43 AM
1/12th Corner GT Racer Singapore R/C Racers 26 03-04-2004 06:59 AM
Shumacher Corner in Aus jamesbaxter_81 Australian Racing 6 01-08-2004 02:36 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:58 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net