Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 05:24 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beaverltd
Guys,
Anyone Know the length of Shumacher Front Belts? Need 171/172 teeth for my car? Or- what model has the longest belt??
Where do you guys get your parts????
Cheers
here is the hpi 172t
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLT92&P=7
Old 01-03-2007, 06:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aus jd 2703
hey guys i bought a couple mod motors to muck around with (hoping to some how improve my driving) i was just freshning up my car. new thrust bearing new belts maybe a spur(though i think its still got 90% tooth) just maintence.
what else should i prep to get ready for 8 and 9 turn motors?
also whats a soft gearing set up for:
9 single
8 single
8 double?
im not racing so id like to conserve the motor, btw they are all team orion revolution old style (not oscar johansen).
btw happy new year.
cheers, Josh P
For the 8's start out with a final drive around 8.5 to 8.9. Go one tooth bigger for the 9T. Thats what we run on a 140x70 track here in Tampa. FYI, we run 7's at 9.00. That is borderline overgeared at our track but if you drop a tooth you are almost certain to shift or throw a wind and ruin the motor due to over revving at the end of the straight.

Note that under gearing a mod motor will burn it up just as fast as overgearing it. Under geared motors will rev like crazy at the end of the straight and this causes huge brush wear and thrown winds.

For max durability run Enduro Edge brushes and MR springs with 6-8 deg of timing. For max power run Sprint Edge brushes and the same spring and timing as above. With the current crop of high voltage cells you can't run much more timing than that. The low timing lets you run taller gear ratios to control motor rpm. Like I said...if you spin them too fast you will throw winds.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by aus jd 2703
hey guys i bought a couple mod motors to muck around with (hoping to some how improve my driving) i was just freshning up my car. new thrust bearing new belts maybe a spur(though i think its still got 90% tooth) just maintence.
what else should i prep to get ready for 8 and 9 turn motors?
also whats a soft gearing set up for:
9 single
8 single
8 double?
im not racing so id like to conserve the motor, btw they are all team orion revolution old style (not oscar johansen).
btw happy new year.
cheers, Josh P
Make sure your running the black belts, bring the motor timing back to 0 deg (if your just messing about the slight loss in power won't matter and the brushes etc will last longer).
Make sure all your bearings are nice and free, and that are partly seized or slightly stiff will put extra load on the motrs etc.

Skiddins
Old 01-03-2007, 10:07 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by AdrianM
For the 8's start out with a final drive around 8.5 to 8.9. Go one tooth bigger for the 9T. Thats what we run on a 140x70 track here in Tampa. FYI, we run 7's at 9.00. That is borderline overgeared at our track but if you drop a tooth you are almost certain to shift or throw a wind and ruin the motor due to over revving at the end of the straight.

Note that under gearing a mod motor will burn it up just as fast as overgearing it. Under geared motors will rev like crazy at the end of the straight and this causes huge brush wear and thrown winds.

For max durability run Enduro Edge brushes and MR springs with 6-8 deg of timing. For max power run Sprint Edge brushes and the same spring and timing as above. With the current crop of high voltage cells you can't run much more timing than that. The low timing lets you run taller gear ratios to control motor rpm. Like I said...if you spin them too fast you will throw winds.

Isn't this Tech support just about the best of any car manufacture on the market..... I can't wait to run the Mi2 this Saturday!!!
Old 01-03-2007, 10:19 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

The Schumacher guys do a great job of helping out the guys on this thread. Lots of great info in general in here.

Steve give me a call.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

cheers adrian and skiddins ill give it a go,
should i change set up or is that a more personal thing ive been running 540 so the car is a bit stiffer than a stock set up and i also try to get a lot more steering, just wanna know what to expect. (apart from crazy speed )
Old 01-03-2007, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Josh, run a kit standard setup for your first modified runs. The kit setup is safe and easy to drive and you'll have enough on your plate getting used to the speed.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:30 PM
Tech Champion

Yup, run the stock kit setup. I would remove the diff risers and the plates between the motor/layshaft mounts though.

The bigger challenge for you will be to learn not to pull the trigger as hard and use full throttle less often. I learned this little trick to help get started in Mod.

Say the world "One" The amount of time it takes you to say this word is how long it should take you to go from neutral to full throttle with a mod motor. If you cannot complete saying the word "One" in the time it take your car to get from one corner to the next then you should not use full throttle there.

There are of course exceptions but this little mental aid helps to force you to apply throttle smoothly when you get started.

Another tip is to reduce you brake endpoint (brakes are your friend ) so full brake slows the car but does not get it out of shape.

Be sure to lift off the thorttle and brake earlier then your are used to. Then work you way up to later lifting and harder braking.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

The best customer support on the PLANET!!!
Old 01-03-2007, 04:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Alex Lopez
Isn't this Tech support just about the best of any car manufacture on the market..... I can't wait to run the Mi2 this Saturday!!!
You coming to the Reedy Race this year Alex?
Old 01-03-2007, 05:15 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
You coming to the Reedy Race this year Alex?
YES!!!! You?
Old 01-03-2007, 07:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Can someone help me geting the references for the diferent anti roll bar's from schumacher to fit the EC?

Thank's in advance
Old 01-03-2007, 07:55 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RFrancis
Can someone help me geting the references for the diferent anti roll bar's from schumacher to fit the EC?

Thank's in advance
U2727 1.7mm bars and U2728 1.5mm and 1.2mm bars fit the Mi2 and Mi2EC.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by AdrianM
U2727 1.7mm bars and U2728 1.5mm and 1.2mm bars fit the Mi2 and Mi2EC.

Thank's a lot Adrien
Old 01-03-2007, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

if we were to make our own sway bars what material is it? steel stainless or aluminium? im thinking steel cause it powder coated and stainless work hardens (sorry my dad is a sheet metal worker by trade so u pick these things up) just wouldnt mind trying a variety of bars.

also what and how did you guys dye your diff pulleys? and can i dye my rw spurs?
cheers

Last edited by aus jd 2703; 01-03-2007 at 08:49 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.