Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 09:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Any results from the Region 4 race? Not sure if the race was Sat or Sun to just checking.
PW TQ'd. He's getting ready for the main now.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:08 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
PW TQ'd. He's getting ready for the main now.
Great thanks for the info.

I have a question on your setup I'm using. I tried some of the suggestions you mentioned and each did exatly what you said. If you where getting too much body roll what you look at changing first on your setup?

My thoughts where in no certain order

less overall droop
raise the roll centers front and rear 1mm
stiffer springs

The setup is really fast for me and my lap times where again better this weekend that last. Running 1mm shorter in the arms did make the car rotate the best for me so I left that. RIght now the main differance between my car and my buddy who won is the amount of body roll in the corners. His car is driving alot flatter than mine. Lap times are ever so close but his is easier to drive fast conssistantly vs mine.

Thanks again
Brian
Old 11-19-2006, 09:20 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by wyd
Great thanks for the info.

I have a question on your setup I'm using. I tried some of the suggestions you mentioned and each did exatly what you said. If you where getting too much body roll what you look at changing first on your setup?

My thoughts where in no certain order

less overall droop
raise the roll centers front and rear 1mm
stiffer springs

The setup is really fast for me and my lap times where again better this weekend that last. Running 1mm shorter in the arms did make the car rotate the best for me so I left that. RIght now the main differance between my car and my buddy who won is the amount of body roll in the corners. His car is driving alot flatter than mine. Lap times are ever so close but his is easier to drive fast conssistantly vs mine.

Thanks again
Brian
Yeah, we have been trying to get our car to roll even more. It seems to go faster the more it rolls. We use stiffer sway bars to allow for fast transitions even though it is rolling.

All this rolling creates more grip and corner speed with less stress on the tires.

Body roll is not a bad thing if it is fast but if your car is hard to drive I would try a stiffer front sway bar first. You could stand up the front shocks. This will make the car stay flatter but it will react faster.

Just keep an eye in your average lap times. Fast laps mean nothing...its your average lap times that mean you are getting faster or slower.

I suspect that you will lose corner speed if you take out too much body roll. We have been testing softer than 14lb springs (Schu White) and the car gets even faster

FYI, I bet you buddy would be faster if he could get his car to roll more but don't tell him that...lol!
Old 11-19-2006, 09:38 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

I will try that and keep an eye on my average times. I did bump up my a lap this weekend. Ended up going a few seconds faster. When my buddy runs I work alot more and in return normally push hard and get faster.

Will see what happens next week with these little changes.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:39 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

yeah adrian,i have been running 12.5 lbs springs and the car keeps getting better.it does require lighter shock oil the lighter i go but hell,fast is fast.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:42 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Very intersting. Guess I will be trying some new stuff and see how it goes. I have a great base setting thans to Adrian and it does suit my driving style pretty well so it has really picked up the pace of my car the last 3 weeks.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:51 AM
Tech Lord

the car works great.adrian and paul are very meticulous when it comes to setup. they will be a big help to you.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:11 AM
Tech Champion

Brian's chassis sure had plenty of roll yesterday. rear wheel was lifting 1/4 to 3/8 ever corner.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:15 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by SRW141
Brian's chassis sure had plenty of roll yesterday. rear wheel was lifting 1/4 to 3/8 ever corner.
Now, thats not normal. The wheels should not be lifting at all.

If you are hiking up wheels the opposite corner from the lifting wheel needs to be stiffer in sway bar, shock position, spring or oil.
Old 11-19-2006, 12:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey guys, just wondering. How long do you guys break in your diffs?

thanks in advance
Old 11-19-2006, 01:27 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Paul Wynn TQ and finished 2nd (because of me ) Paul easily had the win but due to a dumb mistake on my part I cost him the win!! Paul Im sorry and next time Ill keep my eyes a little more open and Ill try to move a little quicker!! Is just that your new car was moving SOOO fast! but again sorry for the mistake!
Old 11-19-2006, 03:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Alex_kipper
hey guys, just wondering. How long do you guys break in your diffs?

thanks in advance
We don't at all...just run them. If they feel rough when new its the thrust bearing...call us and we will send you a new (U1954) one n/c. If the diff has the U1954 thrust and it feels rough then its the rings. Sand them with 600 grit wet/dry sand paper on both sides until you see an even pattern across the rings on both sides. The diff balls last a long time.
Old 11-19-2006, 04:07 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
Paul Wynn TQ and finished 2nd (because of me ) Paul easily had the win but due to a dumb mistake on my part I cost him the win!! Paul Im sorry and next time Ill keep my eyes a little more open and Ill try to move a little quicker!! Is just that your new car was moving SOOO fast! but again sorry for the mistake!

HACK!!!!!!!!
Old 11-19-2006, 04:46 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by AdrianM
Now, thats not normal. The wheels should not be lifting at all.

If you are hiking up wheels the opposite corner from the lifting wheel needs to be stiffer in sway bar, shock position, spring or oil.
Its hard for me to see that but he wasn't the only person to tell me that. I will start with a stiffer sway and work on the other stuff. Maybe stiffer springs. Funny thing is the car was fast but if the wheels stay down more it will be easier to drive fast..........and that is good.
Old 11-19-2006, 04:49 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by protc3
the car works great.adrian and paul are very meticulous when it comes to setup. they will be a big help to you.
True. I will say that is why I really like running for Schumacher because those guys are so willing to help you with your setups. I call them and they always make time to help me out and if I can't call them I post on the computer and they are online they help as well as some of the other team drivers. Really enjoy that about Schumacher is the more personalized service.

Paul and Adrian do a great job for Schumacher.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.