Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Schumacher Corner >

Schumacher Corner

Schumacher Corner

Old 10-31-2006, 05:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by aus jd 2703
hey guys what u think of putting a little m3 grub/set screw into the hub so it hold the hinge pins instead of e clips?
any one dont it?
is it more effective?
cheers
The problem with having ahole in the wishbones etc to allow for a grub screw is that you have now added a perfect hole for a stress fracture to come from/to.

I think you'll find this is the reason that very few manufactures do it.

Ask the Losi JRXS owners about holes in hub carriers etc, they are always cracking etc due to the weakness that a hole creates.

Just 'squash' the circlips to make them tighter, or buy some new ones every now and again

Skiddins
Old 10-31-2006, 07:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Hate when work cuts into fun time!!!!!!!!!!!!! But then again need to make moeny to have fun time.
Yeah, it's a pretty big promotion I got (company car, expense account, etc...) but once I get up to speed, I'll only have one day in the office a week and that'll be one very busy day.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:05 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
Yeah, it's a pretty big promotion I got (company car, expense account, etc...) but once I get up to speed, I'll only have one day in the office a week and that'll be one very busy day.
Nice, hope it all works out for you. Company cars are nice as I have one for my job. Cool thing for me my company lets me use as my own car and I take it to where ever I go and that includes racing.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:13 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Anyone know of any shops that have the HPI purple threaded spring retainers in stock? I tried all the places around my area and the distributors don't have them in stock or show the part number anymore. Think it is HPI30004 for the spring retainers.

Or if any of you guys have some you would like to sell that would be cool as well. Like to have them on my MI2 EC. Gold is nice but purple is better.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:02 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by wyd
Nice, hope it all works out for you. Company cars are nice as I have one for my job. Cool thing for me my company lets me use as my own car and I take it to where ever I go and that includes racing.
Mine too. Free gas is a wonderful thing.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Anyone know of any shops that have the HPI purple threaded spring retainers in stock? I tried all the places around my area and the distributors don't have them in stock or show the part number anymore. Think it is HPI30004 for the spring retainers.

Or if any of you guys have some you would like to sell that would be cool as well. Like to have them on my MI2 EC. Gold is nice but purple is better.
go to HPI.com and they have them in stock , and you can buy direct from them
Old 10-31-2006, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wyd

http://www.hpiracing.com/piw4.php?part=30004
Old 10-31-2006, 11:26 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
Thanks. I will have to check with them to see if they are in stock. Supposedly they where discontinued.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:33 AM
Tech Champion

Can anyone tell me do I need to install the riser plates underneath the F/R bulkhead, and above the motor block/spur gear block's riser plate for stock/19T rubber indoor carpet setup?

I know I need to mount the riser plate for the F/R pivot blocks and some shim (1 or 2mm spacer) just do I need those above the motor blocks and below the bulkheads...

Anyone has a good setup sheet to share for indoor rubber carpet (stock/19T)? Thanks a million..............

Need to setup 1 EC for rubber and 1 for foam, and I have plenty of setup for foams.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wyd
Thanks. I will have to check with them to see if they are in stock. Supposedly they where discontinued.
they are showing in stock
Old 10-31-2006, 12:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Can anyone tell me do I need to install the riser plates underneath the F/R bulkhead, and above the motor block/spur gear block's riser plate for stock/19T rubber indoor carpet setup?

I know I need to mount the riser plate for the F/R pivot blocks and some shim (1 or 2mm spacer) just do I need those above the motor blocks and below the bulkheads...

Anyone has a good setup sheet to share for indoor rubber carpet (stock/19T)? Thanks a million..............

Need to setup 1 EC for rubber and 1 for foam, and I have plenty of setup for foams.
There's no need to install the riser plates under the bulk heads or above the motor block/spur gear for rubber tire carpet. you can check www.gearchart.com for set up's.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:25 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by teammidget lilB
hey guys got some ?s

How come alot of carpet foam tire set ups use 4 degrees not 6

can someone post a basic set up for foam carpet to go off of thanx
Here is a good baseline setup for Foam tires.....

Also on foam tires we generally use caster to help the car finsh off or wrap the corner better....so the more you use the better the car does this. The only down fall is with more caster when the bite is high the car will traction roll easier. So thats why most setups you see for carpet foams the drivers are usually at 4 deg blocks as the final setup.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
MI2EC_foam_Goetz.pdf (252.9 KB, 126 views)
Old 10-31-2006, 01:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Solara
Howard.....here is a good starting setup for rubber tires.....Like other have said you dont need to run the risers under the bulkheads on carpet.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
teemu_ec_carpetwars.pdf (252.6 KB, 276 views)
Old 10-31-2006, 01:40 PM
Tech Champion

double post
Old 10-31-2006, 04:22 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks guys....thanks KK...

One more question, when the setup sheet say "Roll center is 3mm"...then on the side note, it said "Riser plate plus 1mm"....does that mean riser = 2mm plus 1mm spacer...?

Also, the rear toe....how to setup 2 degree or 1.5 degree or 1 degree toe? Is that by the length of the rear pivot mount..? Mi2 is a little bit different compare to the other brand....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.