Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2002, 03:05 PM
Tech Regular

gfoster,
Its not like I am wuss that thinks I will never break. What it comes down to is the unknown. If I have a spare kit around at all times that would be one thing but I dont and I also cant prepare for every single possible break at a race now can I? I have broken some things on my other cars that most people never break in their lives. All I am saying is I need the parts support for those rare occasions that I get taken out and need to buy a shock shaft of a cartridge. I am not willing to go to a big race and then get stuck because a part broke and there isnt a Schuie dealer nearby.
IKE
Old 03-18-2002, 03:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

gfoster- care to divulge on the tc3 "secrets"?
Old 03-18-2002, 03:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Does anyone know what pages good pictures of the mission are?
Old 03-18-2002, 04:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Also if I get a mission or TC3 I will Probably get One of the following esc

1. Novak TC2
2. LRP IPC 7.1
3. LRP IPC SR

I will be racing on carpet, stock, but later I will move up to mod. The only thing is that my LHS owner says that Novaks are much more dependable and dont break as often. But I really want one of the IPC ones because they supply more amps. Can I use the 7.1 on a stock motor? Or will I have to use the SR? Are the LRP less dependable and more problem prone? Will the more amps help much? Thanks ( I feel so dum )
Old 03-18-2002, 04:14 PM
Tech Regular

get the 7.1 and get the mission you wont be sorry. I just so happen to have a pic of my mission with a 7.1 on it if you would like to view it.
IKE
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Corner-miss5.jpg  
Old 03-18-2002, 04:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

foamdonuts........dident mean any disrespect twords you in my last post your problem is understandable but if the car is better in your opinion then run it and win thats what the whole idea of competition is all about. You may just have to carry a bunch of parts but atleast you will be running a car you believe in. I dont know if your a serious racer or not but if you are feeling confident about your veichels and equipment is the fisrt step to sucess

robk........lol I realy dont know a lot off top of my head but, some stuff you may know they are running rear towers up front chnges geometry a little and lowers the body, using losi rear hubs i think the zeros, there also doing somthing else with the hubs but cant remember exactly what there also using different arm mounts to change caster and toe in. I dont run the car any more so I havent kept up on it all but I know a few factory guys who run out here but the biggest thing is how free there drive trains are there using boca ceramic bearings and if you blow on there cars and the move its a mazing
Old 03-18-2002, 04:39 PM
Tech Regular

gf,
No offense taken whatsoever. I am just making this decision based on a gut feeling. If the millions of people that have TC3's are winning with them I am 100% sure that I can win with one too. That is all I was trying to say. In the future if my LHS starts stocking schuie parts then I will be the first in line for another mission.
IKE
Old 03-18-2002, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Foam- win a bunch of races with the mission, then others will get one and then the shop will be forced to stock parts....LOL easier said than done, huh??
Old 03-18-2002, 05:48 PM
Tech Regular

hehehhehehe that sounds good to me. Once I get a job again I should be able to get another mission and buy all the spares that I need I just dont have the extra cash to buy all the spares and all the hop-ups right now. So, that is the real reason I guess.
IKE
Old 03-18-2002, 07:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

foamdonuts......now your talkin getin another mission lol, by the way youde be surprised at how few many parts you will need there arent that many breakable parts you will hafta carry, the car is very durable
Old 03-18-2002, 07:25 PM
Tech Regular

my first run with the car I broke the rear bulk when I tapped a pipe. I dont doubt that a pivot-ball car is durable the break that I had was just a fluke no doubt but I digress.
IKE

Last edited by FoamDonuts; 03-18-2002 at 10:06 PM.
Old 03-18-2002, 07:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Ya, I broke the front bumper and bent a tie rod. You should have seen it, though, I hit everything.....hard....twice. I had people running. It's pretty durable....

Step 2: I need to learn how to drive!

CS
Old 03-19-2002, 08:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

the bumper is fragile better carry a few of those braces when you race lol.......I broke one to I was surprised at how easy it cracked but thats not bad the car is actualy pretty tough
Old 03-19-2002, 02:34 PM
Tech Adept

Hey guys, I recently signed on with Team Schumacher and I wanted to introduce myself to those who don't know me. I've been really impressed with the level of support early on that Adrian and Paul provide at Schumacher USA. Speaking from experience, these guys are definitely top notch.

If anybody has questions or needs help, feel free to email me at [email protected]. I'll do my best to help you out or find somebody who can. As always, Paul and Adrian are only a phone call away and they are more than happy to talk with you and answer your questions as well.

I've created a pretty nice Rollout Chart for the Mission which covers both the 17t and 20t layshaft pulley ratios. On the top it disregards tire size (for you rubber guys) and on the bottom, it covers a broad range of foam tires and the actual rollout values. These charts have alot of information so the top half covers several Spur gears sizes and the bottom half is spur gear size specific. If you would like one of these charts, please email me and specify the spear gear sizes you use and whether you use 48P or 64P gears. The chart also has a nice spring ratio chart ranging from softest to firmest and cross references AE springs. If you cannot open or use an MS Excel file, contact me and I can arrange to have a color printed version sent to you. I've made these charts for other cars as well and they have been well liked by the people that use them.
Old 03-19-2002, 03:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hey Dave welcome aboard...... Hows the Wife and Kids these days. How long have you had the car? Its too bad that you could not make it down for the Novak this year, I know family comes before toys. Good luck with the car and if you need to know anything yourself drop me a line at [email protected] Me and Brian Jucha found some very interresting things out about the car that improve the handling a great deal. Sorry I wont be able to make it up to the NORRCA nats this year but hopefully I will see you at some other races. Take care Kevin.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.