R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-17-2002, 11:50 AM   #1606
Tech Regular

So, I am supposed to drill a hole through the bottom steering bellcrank? I am not supposed to drill a hole in the chassis or top deck? correct?????
IKE
FoamDonuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 12:48 PM   #1607
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I keep hearing about this magical Set up for cs-27's. Would anyone care to share? I'm gonna be at the carpet nats, but I'm sure I won't qualify anywhere near the sponsored guys and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Al
Keepin' it real with my M11x
big al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 01:57 PM   #1608
Tech Regular

Al,
Go to www.kinetixrc.com/news and get Ron's setup for Snowbirds, then change the oil to 30wt all the way around and put the stock swaybar on the front. This is the setup that Ron gave me.
IKE
Old 03-17-2002, 03:18 PM   #1609
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thanks Schuey-brother!!
Keepin' it real with my M11x
big al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 03:49 PM   #1610
Tech Regular

you bet! Ron may have changed his setup since then but I have tried it and it seems to work very well. The car is on the edge but you can push it really hard and get the lap times that you need. A couple of the other guys have basically the same variance of this same setup and that is what they are using to go very very fast.
IKE
Old 03-17-2002, 04:42 PM   #1611
Tech Initiate

Hey Al,

Check out the Schumacher forum on www.rcfiles.com . Ron, David and Mark have been working with the CS-27's prepping for the Carpet Nats. I think Ron has his time back in line with what he gets running Sorex tires.

CS
Smilin Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 08:09 PM   #1612
Tech Rookie

Talking Axis 2 Setup for Daytona Speedway Spectacular?

Anybody got a set up for the Daytona Speedway Spectacular? (in florida) or is there one posted some where? it would be much appreciated........
Duke_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 09:35 PM   #1613
Tech Apprentice

FoamDonuts,

Enlarge the hole on the piece that sits against the chassis. I used a 1/8th drill bit and reamed out the hole a tad. This lets the post float enough to relieve any tension against the top deck. I ran my car and it was predictable, fast, and consistent. I used Ron's setup from Snowbirds. I really need a oneway to get the last bit of corner speed.
RacerTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 09:42 PM   #1614
Tech Regular

k thank u
Old 03-18-2002, 10:12 AM   #1615
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Mod Foams are the bomb

Thank God, Ron is finally gone and I can stop running CS27's . Can you believe I have been racing since 88 or something and never run mod foam sedan until this weekend. All I can say is foam is where it's at. You can drive a mod foam car like a stock rubber car, full throttle coming out of corners is just a dream. There is this one turn that has a dot on the end at our track and if I go into it hard the car will get on 2 wheels about a 1/4 inch off the ground and it's fast! I am starting from the ground up on setup so I am obviously to soft right now, I should have something solid by the weekend, below is what I am doing to my car on Wednesday.

It was awesome though to see some newbies to the hobby drive my car and seeing them absolutely fly around the track with a 10dbl without any trouble at all.

Front:
oil - 80 associated
piston - 2 vari
length - 65mm
swaybar - stock, going to try comp
spring - 40lbs assc
caster - 8
camber - 1.25
shock tower - 1
shock arm - outside
upper wish bone - 1/up
lower wish bone - rear
droop - 3mm Hudy
ride height - 5mm
bellcranks - 1mm shim under ball
tires - plaid/TRC
diff - full diff

Rear
oil - 80 associated
piston - 2 vari
length - 65mm
swaybar - stock
spring - 35lbs assc
camber - 1.25
shock tower - 1
shock arm - outside
upper wish bone - 1/up
lower wish bone - middle
droop - 3mm/2mm Hudy (playing with this)
ride height - 5mm
bellcranks - 1mm shim under ball
tires - purple/TRC
diff - full diff

Other:
Carpet stiff top deck with the thin top deck added to the top of it (super think top deck), if this works I will be making a top deck out of some monster thick graphite and give that a shot. Ron was noticing that the car with all that traction is twisting, typical for a dual deck car but that is also what makes me like a dual deck car. So what we need to find out is if it is a benefit or downfall in mod foam. In stock it is a benefit because of added traction, but it mybe to much traction in mod foam.

Long belt is grey, rear short belt is black

Tried running a solid rear axle, some locked rear diff that Ron made for me, and running the one way in the front. It turned the fastest laps with the setup but was a handful to drive. I may try it with the diff in the front, the diff in the front just seems to allow me to place the car where I want better but at what cost is the question. So diff/diff was the easiest to drive, but I now need to try diff/solid.

I am going to try some other manufactures pistons to play with blowby and what have you. The first will be Associated 3's, then Losi 57's, all with 80 weight.

If I missed anything like the arm positions, they are the same positions that Ron ran on the snowbird setup which can be seen here http://www.kinetixrc.com/news/snowbird/

David Joor

AE | Reedy | KO | Tekin | Powermaster | Avid | Upgrade | BCE | Paint by Smiley

Last edited by David Joor; 03-18-2002 at 01:21 PM.
David Joor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 02:06 PM   #1616
Tech Initiate

Default TC3 or Mission

Well I am a beginner and I was wondering what you guys think of the mission vs. the TC3? Which one performs better, turning ability and other things that you can think of. I don't really know which one to buy. Also is there any hop-ups that dont come with the kit that are helpful? Thanks for your input.
cantbestopped44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 02:12 PM   #1617
Tech Regular

As someone who is trading his Mission for a TC3 I think I can answer your question. The mission is by far the better car, it is much faster accelerates like banshee and has more steering than any other TC that I have ever owned. The only issue is parts support. I am trading mine because my LHS will not support parts for ONE persons car. I could end up buying the spares that I think that I need but in the end how can I know what I am going to break.....So, if you want the baddest thing out there and can get parts for it relatively easily get the Mission. If your LHS is anything like mine get a TC3.
IKE
Old 03-18-2002, 02:17 PM   #1618
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to gfoster

your set up is close top what I ran this week end all we run is foams out here never rubber on carpet. I run the 2 hole on the towers, playing with shock locations make a huge difference. I ran the carpet top deck it did seem to take some of the twist out of the car but not all. I also liked runing the 2 hole on the hub in the rear it helped the car rotate a lot faster and smoother. Like to hear how you progress goes, the mission is awsome i love it already
gfoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 02:38 PM   #1619
Tech Apprentice

cantbestopped......both cars are good I owend a tc3 and I feel the mission is better over all. right now theres nothing that can beat the tc3 drive train its a shaft vs a belt theres practicaly no drag theres a guy Chad Phillips who runs for associated who races out here and his tc3 is so free its sick which inturn gives the car more power exspecialy out of corners the mission can me made incredably free alos but not to that extreme. Adjustability wise the mission wins hands down the tc3 dosent have a many tuning options as the mission. the AE guys are doing some goofy stuff to get the car to handle which you wouldent know about if you dont hang with a factory guy the schumacher is awsome Its so smooth and easy to drive. Both cars have up grades you can buy but you can buy a pro version of the tc3 and of the mission. I run for schumacher and I bought the pro version and some threaded shocks and wheel hexes and Ime set, thats realy all you need to buy theres other optional parts but not realy do or die. In the end its all up to you, I think the mission is a better car but ae's not a bad car eather, but if you want to save your self a headache get a MISSION
Old 03-18-2002, 02:43 PM   #1620
Tech Apprentice

foamdonut.....sorry to hear you scrapin the mission the parts prob. dosent fly with me I hear it a lot. Its a given if you race your gonna brake but my thing is carry parts with you I travel a lot and I make sure I have all the breakable spare parts with me so its not a prob. Schumacher sell direct so any one can get parts sorry to hear you got rid of it for that reason