08-07-2006, 02:18 AM
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Brisbane, Aus
I don't think spoked wheels will get you there. Borrow some and weigh them on the club scales next time you're at the track and compare them to your own. Cutting the bumper down is a no-no. It's there to protect the front suspension of your car - leave it be.
Couple of "Free" Options:
- make sure your wiring is neat and as short as is reasonable. Extra wire between batteries and motors just wastes both energy and weight
- make sure batteries and motors don't have huge excesses of solder
- make sure you don't use bucketloads of paint on bodies - same with stickers
The "Cost" options:
- replace steel turnbuckles and hinge pins with titanium
- consider a titanium screw set
If you need to ask for help with soldering etc don't be afraid to - ask for the help you need. Those ideas might not save you 50g, but every little bit helps.
schumacher, speedpassion and more plus race blog at www.actionrc.com.au
twittering @ scottyg_rc