Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-12-2006, 12:13 PM   #15436
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barry
Hey that's not Brian WYD's custom painted Schumacher MI2EC.... It's Mine LOL he just cut it out and delivered it for me LOLOL. It's actually the car in my avatar LOL
Yes the one pic is a body I mounted on my MI2 EC for Bob and then delivered it already for him to race.

Looks better on my EC though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:49 PM   #15437
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd
Yes the one pic is a body I mounted on my MI2 EC for Bob and then delivered it already for him to race.

Looks better on my EC though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So who should I note on Schumacher Pitspace as being the faster of the two? :P
Old 07-12-2006, 02:03 PM   #15438
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

well when I finally do beat Brian, I will let the whole world know!!! Brian is very quick...all that experience shows.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:06 PM   #15439
Tech Rookie

Hi guys, i've recently bought and built the E.C and am a bit concerned by the problems i've come across.
I'm hoping i've made some silly mistakes and you guys could help put it straight.

1. The steering yoke pivots and pivot balls are an absolute nightmare to get straight, i put them in slighty off square to get them to bite and they didnt straighten themselves up. so that pair of steering arms are ruined.
So on the next pair i bought, i used a tap to set the thread and it has now left them to loose, any movement whatsoever and they shake themselves loose, so thats another pair ruined.
ANY IDEAS OF WHAT TO DO?

2. After fitting the complete centre shaft assembly, i have found that the spur gear wobbles excessively, so much so that there is no possibilty of running 64dp.
ANY IDEAS OF WHAT TO DO?

3. I have the Futaba s9550 servo and am finding the servo saver arm hits the top of the servo, i know the height of this model is a little more that KO servo's but was hoping someone else has been able to modify the steering to accomodate the servo, as i beleive this is one of the best servo's to run.
There seems to be alot of slop in the whole assembly, am i being fussy or is this a problem?
ANY IDEAS OF WHAT TO DO?

4. The bearing's in the bulkheads seem to be very slack, is this normal? the main reason i am concerned is that once the anodizing wears off of the inside of the bulkheads will only get slacker.
ANY IDEAS OF WHAT TO DO?

5. Also, the collors on the shocks are very free, it makes it nice and easy to adjust but i'm a bit worried that they will adjust themselves on the track and also when running a brush over them when cleaning. Has anyone found this to be an issue or am i worrying way too much?
ANY IDEAS OF WHAT TO DO?

6 I bought the 25mm wheels from SCHUMACHER and found that they rub on the inside, i'm surprised as i thought that the fact they are distributed by SCHUMACHER, then they would fit the E.C touring car.
ANY IDEAS OF WHAT TO DO?

The fact that i have had to send back 2 layshafts as the holes didnt line up and a diff that was egg shaped instead of round has added to my frustration.

If you are still reading this you are very patient or very bored, either way i would appreciate your comments.

Oh by the way, built the shocks and they are loooovley.

Thanks in advance

Gray
Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 02:42 PM   #15440
Tech Champion

"Hi guys, i've recently bought and built the E.C and am a bit concerned by the problems i've come across.
I'm hoping i've made some silly mistakes and you guys could help put it straight."

1. The steering yoke pivots and pivot balls are an absolute nightmare to get straight, i put them in slighty off square to get them to bite and they didnt straighten themselves up. so that pair of steering arms are ruined.
So on the next pair i bought, i used a tap to set the thread and it has now left them to loose, any movement whatsoever and they shake themselves loose, so thats another pair ruined.
ANY IDEAS OF WHAT TO DO?

These can be tough the first couple of times you put them together. It takes a lot of force when you're starting the thread to get it to bite and to do it straight. Use a wrench that's not too deep so that you can push on it as you try and start the thread.

2. After fitting the complete centre shaft assembly, i have found that the spur gear wobbles excessively, so much so that there is no possibilty of running 64dp.
ANY IDEAS OF WHAT TO DO?

Is it the stock spur gear? Make sure there's nothing stuck between the gear and the adapter. Also make sure the gear itself isn't warped. I've seen that happen.

3. I have the Futaba s9550 servo and am finding the servo saver arm hits the top of the servo, i know the height of this model is a little more that KO servo's but was hoping someone else has been able to modify the steering to accomodate the servo, as i beleive this is one of the best servo's to run.
There seems to be alot of slop in the whole assembly, am i being fussy or is this a problem?
ANY IDEAS OF WHAT TO DO?

I don't run that servo so I'm not sure if you can do that. You may be able to add a shim between the bell crank base and the crank itself but I've never needed to do this so I'm not sure if it'll work. As for the slop, there should be some slop in the car. If you have the car too tight, aside from the possibility of binding, the car gets really twitchy and hard to drive. It'll react to every little imperfection in the surface instead of absorbing it.

4. The bearing's in the bulkheads seem to be very slack, is this normal? the main reason i am concerned is that once the anodizing wears off of the inside of the bulkheads will only get slacker.
ANY IDEAS OF WHAT TO DO?

I've never noticed any kind of slop or "slack" between the bearings and the bulkheads. Don't know about that one. Sorry.

5. Also, the collors on the shocks are very free, it makes it nice and easy to adjust but i'm a bit worried that they will adjust themselves on the track and also when running a brush over them when cleaning. Has anyone found this to be an issue or am i worrying way too much?
ANY IDEAS OF WHAT TO DO?

This is something that I agree with. The best thing is to get a hold of a set of collars from a Losi JRXS or the HPI PRO4. They're a perfect fit and they have an O-ring inside to hold the adjustment in place.

6 I bought the 25mm wheels from SCHUMACHER and found that they rub on the inside, i'm surprised as i thought that the fact they are distributed by SCHUMACHER, then they would fit the E.C touring car.
ANY IDEAS OF WHAT TO DO?

25mm wheels are not the standard wheel for most touring car racing. 24mm are. The car was designed around using the 24mm wheels.

Hopefully this will help you get the problems sorted out. Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 07:07 PM   #15441
wyd
Tech Legend

Quote:
well when I finally do beat Brian, I will let the whole world know!!! Brian is very quick...all that experience shows.
I have my moments.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:09 PM   #15442
wyd
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus
So who should I note on Schumacher Pitspace as being the faster of the two? :P
YOu can use Bob. I will post a picture of my faster body on my car.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:12 PM   #15443
Super Moderator

Sooo much love LOL....I will see you on Saturday buddy
Old 07-12-2006, 09:22 PM   #15444
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to scott_g Send a message via Skype™ to scott_g

ausjd, I won't be at bayside this week. Heavy will be there early in the morning for a little while.

At the Logan interclub Heavy will be there both days and I'll be there sunday only.

Cheers
Old 07-13-2006, 02:04 AM   #15445
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey to the guys that run Stock.

More so with the co27.

What gear ratio your finding works best. what brushes spring combo too?

not sound stupid, more or less curious what spur and pinion do you works better.
I find that with a smaller spur you get better accleration but a larger for top end. Heck it might just be in my head.
cyrrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 02:50 AM   #15446
Tech Elite

Quote:
The kit should have come with 8 shims that are 0.2mm thick, in the build instructions it shows 4 being added for these bearings at each end, I don't use any.

Try measuring the amount of lateral movement in the bearings/diff, if it's 0.2mm or greater, add a shim.

My diffs have 0.15mm movement which I consider acceptable.

Quote:
Are you sure that you have the white spacers on the axles, the fronts can be removed when using 24mm wheels as the outer hub bearing is proud of the hub carrier, but the rears have to be on otherwise they rub.

Skiddins
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 04:59 AM   #15447
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrrus

More so with the co27.

not sound stupid, more or less curious what spur and pinion do you works better.
I find that with a smaller spur you get better accleration but a larger for top end. Heck it might just be in my head.
hey mate

im runing a ea co27 im using the std springs that came with it think ther red or purple. then im using f-line brushes with the traling edge filed off. and the graring is 89/29 i think that is 5.52 i could gear it evan more and it wouldent bun the motor up but it does get a little warm

hope that gives u a starting point

bob.
bob33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 05:19 AM   #15448
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrrus

More so with the co27.

at my local track (80X50) we run 6.73 116/31, for bigger tracks i run around a 6.3 116/33.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:43 AM   #15449
wyd
Tech Legend

Quote:
Sooo much love LOL....I will see you on Saturday buddy
I will be their Sat.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:38 AM   #15450
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
ANY IDEAS OF WHAT TO DO?
There are some guys running a modified setup with the steering assembly. Kevin Kane and Jon Kerr both posted something they were testing.

I will have more detailed pics of Kevin Kane's Pro4 steering rack mod on Schumacher Pitspace soon.

As for the 9550....you can shim up below the bellcrank and it will clear it