minus tires gives you 200mm elec sedan

truck bodies not a tmaxx but...

f1 sorry nya
RandyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 01:24 PM   #62
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by CypressMidWest
I think the biggest thing that enabled the TC-3 to establish its dominance was the timeframe in which it was released. TC racing was still in it's infancy at that point, and the only company that was REALLY pushing the performance envelope was Yokomo. The HPI Pro 2 was really just a logical evolution of the PRO, which was nothing more than an evolution of the RS4. Losi merely skinnied up and shortened their offroad car.
Hey cypress....Don't foget that Schumacher won the Nationals when Associated debut the TC3. So I would have to say Schumacher would need to be included along side Yokomo in your statement
Troy Schafer
turbodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 01:27 PM   #63
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Originally posted by turbodog
Hey cypress....Don't foget that Schumacher won the Nationals when Associated debut the TC3. So I would have to say Schumacher would need to be included along side Yokomo in your statement
Those old Schumacher (99??) cars are still in my mind-the sexiest looking Sedans made to date. The assymetrical chassis and saddle pack config....... So cool to look at... The Tc3-Butt ugly-no eye appeal-but it works.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 07:40 AM   #64
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

ray remember that the warpspeed demon has the battery layout changed and the adjustable wheelbase! also the option to run the nitro or electric steering rack is helpful. you also have the option of calling warpspeed and have custom changes to the chassis, I know its on a small production run but the options are there if you are bored with the old tc3. so all those people that want a consistant car with a double deck designed and refind suspension options its the way to go.
Pemberton / R1 / All out motorsports / Team Power Push
speedxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 02:15 PM   #65
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

With Losi cars, the design is a running change. The basic idea stays with changes being mostly bolt-ons. The design is tweaked until there is really nothing else that can be done to maximize the design. A retool is then in order. For example... from the XX series to the XXX series. Associated, however, had the TC3 on the screen and the track as a prototype until the majority of the tweaks were accomplished. There were a few changes made to the car since its first shelf release, but in comparison to other companies, they are minimal. Most other designs are being changed to "pull off the corner like a TC3" or to "corner like a TC3". This makes the TC3 a benchmark, with others standing on the side taking lessons.

The largest change most racers make is the battery location, but since the inception of the car, electronics size and weight have made that necessary. This as a factory change, and retooling the molds for less flashing and better precision, would be the best changes to the TC3, IMO. There is some evidence that this is going on. With that said, and noting the cost of mold retooling, an all new design is unlikely. Associated wouldnt retool the molds with an all new car on the drawing board. It wouldnt be cost effective. As Ray stated, what else can really be done? Why totally change what works, or complicate such a simplistic, efficient, and competitive design?

A few things to simplify tuning, that arent really revolutionary, or large changes, would be vertical ballstuds front and rear for inner and outer camber links. The transmission cases molded with mounting points for plate carbon shock towers would be trick (i.e. Pro4), and factory aluminum suspension mounts that allow adjustment with shims for front and rear squat/dive/toe would be very durable, and nice to see Associated offer. A motor cam like B.M.I.'s design would be really appreciated. I personally prefer a tub chassis... on many occasion my electronics have been protected from a hack or two by that tub. But there is no denying a plate carbon chassis... that shiot is HOT!

- Dave
...you better run like im booger flickin...
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 06:11 AM   #66
Tech Regular

After racing a tc3 for 4yrs i only just switched over to a pro4, only coz i was bored. The new pro4 is only better than my tc3 in that it has a few more adjustments which i could'nt do on my tc3.
But we can look at it this way, the tc3 is setting the record as the winningist car in history. Long live the tc3...

Mind you i would defintely buy myself a new tc4 if it ever happens.
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 12:27 AM   #67
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by rayhuang
My TC3 wish list-which incidentily is about everythng on the HPI pro4!!!

Lower CG on diff cases,
Lower Roll center hingepin mounts made from aluminum with spacers.
Delrin or teflon balls on the hingepin ends for ultra smooth movement.
6 degree C-hubs and strnger steering knuckles.
Lower shock tower in front to slam bodies.
Bladders in shocks and smoother bore in the shocks.
Vertival ballstuds on rear hubs.
Vertical ballstuds for inner hingepin mounts.
Batteries moved in closer-option to tape or use strap.
Chassis weights.
Better steering rack with improved ackerman.
Chassis that doesnt warp from heat.

I guess thats it.....

so ray u hve the pro4 too im in the process building mines but still hve tc3 hpi was my first car 5yrs ago
tc3 racer sc is offline   Reply With Quote