Search

LRP SXX StockSpec ESC

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 02:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default +1

Originally Posted by lesbaldry
Medium small size technical asphalt track......17.5 EA tuned Trinity,10 deg can timing ,feel 3 boost 9,7.27 FDR...safe temps(80 TO 90) and keeps up with Tekins but IMHO the SXX IS smoother to drive.I also have a Tekin 203

I had a similar issue (very slight gogging off the line and mid range) with a Novac 17.5,the trick for me to cure this was to play with the feel and boost in opposite directions.Example:The cogging was worst with high feel settings (5/6) combined with low'ish boost (6/7)..Dropping the feel to 3 and raising the boost to 9 and gear it to rev higher cured the prob,this also increased the rip and top end but also lowered the temp...hope this helps some?

Les
+1
Old 05-06-2010, 02:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikecatts
Hi buddy..not sure,, but free reving aint too good for ANY brushless motor..Are you sure that you havnt killed the motor?
I have found that some motors will work and some wont..
My opinion..
Mike
That was only about 10-15% throttle.
I never fully rev them unless they are on the track.
Tried another 2 motors, same thing

I tried feel of 2 and boost of 3, then tried feel of 2 and boost of 6... all the same.

Tried reversing throttle on TX.

Taking into account that all of this same gear ran pefectly fine with SPX.

Last edited by Lycan; 05-06-2010 at 02:58 PM. Reason: added info
Old 05-07-2010, 12:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mikecatts
Hi all..Some motors do like the SXX some dont..
Ive found the Orions/Novak ballistic in 17.5 works well....Nemissis/Duo2 no good.
In 10.5..Novak/duo 2 very good...Nemissis, Speed passion v3, Orion..not too good..
Tried settings, gears, FDR....so it seems that you will need some extra motors to find the better ones..Is it a massed produced products problem or a specific problem regarding motors/software? Will need to find out..
I have found that Im 2 gears up on the SXX as to the SPX....Brakes on the SXX are not as good as the SPX....Have to add +75% expo on brake to work..but still not as good as the SPX.
Come on LRP...lift your game...Like the speed of the SXX but not the brakes...Still its better than a tekin..A tekin in stock 17.5 is still better/faster, with the same amount of brakes....In 10.5...need more time..
But..Its an easy sytem to use, no computer so i will plod along and find out..
Mike
yea i notice that, im runing on a orion 11.5t some times it still cogging but when i change to other motor such as fiegao its ok on the run no cogging, but when the i change the sim near the sensor inside the orion works well no cogging tho ... pls share more opinion again if any body got the same ... thanks .
Old 05-07-2010, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Does mk3 flash lights in neutral on profile 1? The new ROAR ESC spec rules indicate that it does... or will. If so, does feel and boost need to be at 1? If not, does it mean another software update?
With MK3 update when mode 3 is selected and boost is disabled the led flashes blue at neutral.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Guess there is still no answer to the cogging problem on MK3 utilising the Orion 11.5T pro stock motor.

Femca ISTC 2010 Brunei is just 4 days away and thats the only approved stock motor for Femca as Orion are the sponsors. Most of the guys including myself who used this motor has cogging problems, even worst than the mk2. The mk2 shock me due to its power when i first tested it but cogs a lil after a few laps and thats why i changed to mk3. fdr have been tested from 5.0 to 9.0 and its still there.

I also rewind back the thread and not only the orion has problems with the mk3 but a few other brands too have similar problems but with moving the sensor or opening up the motor, it will help but how do we solve the problem where the handout motor is the same motor that causes cogging on the mk3? Stock class handout motor means they will be sealed and no modification allowed.

From mk2 i loved the power on the motor on team power, SP, etc. But spending twice to run it for this upcoming race on this 14th May, its gonna concern me and cost me some more money to get an extra esc which will cope with the orion. Tekin and Xerun is running very well with it but then i am a fan of LRP engineering and proud to say BLUE IS BETTER but with this cogging goin on, its gonna embarrased me alot.

Most of the Stock class drivers here are depending on the mk3 but its giving us a big headache here.

So please LRP, is there anyways to solve this problem within 4 days for the upcoming Femca ISTC Brunei 2010 EP race?
Old 05-09-2010, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default Shame LRP Shame

Well 2 SXX SS MK3 back from LRP, 3 different motors, still shit
Old 05-09-2010, 05:00 PM
Tech Adept

I would recommend that you get a Hobbywing with the latest stock firmware. It is faster than MK3 and has no problem with Orion motors. I know it bears the Chinese brand, which doesn't sound so cool, but it actually drove very good (better than Tekin). Best of all, it cost less than 1/2 of MK3's price. You can either keep it as your backup speed controller after the race, or simply sell it. Even if you sell it after the FEMCA race, you will only lose around 100 ringgit I think

If you cannot find it in Malaysia, you can order it from one of HK's online stores and have it shipped directly to your hotel in Brunei. It could still arrive in time.

I think this could be a good solution to your current problem.

Hope it helps

Originally Posted by Akudou
Guess there is still no answer to the cogging problem on MK3 utilising the Orion 11.5T pro stock motor.

Femca ISTC 2010 Brunei is just 4 days away and thats the only approved stock motor for Femca as Orion are the sponsors. Most of the guys including myself who used this motor has cogging problems, even worst than the mk2. The mk2 shock me due to its power when i first tested it but cogs a lil after a few laps and thats why i changed to mk3. fdr have been tested from 5.0 to 9.0 and its still there.

I also rewind back the thread and not only the orion has problems with the mk3 but a few other brands too have similar problems but with moving the sensor or opening up the motor, it will help but how do we solve the problem where the handout motor is the same motor that causes cogging on the mk3? Stock class handout motor means they will be sealed and no modification allowed.

From mk2 i loved the power on the motor on team power, SP, etc. But spending twice to run it for this upcoming race on this 14th May, its gonna concern me and cost me some more money to get an extra esc which will cope with the orion. Tekin and Xerun is running very well with it but then i am a fan of LRP engineering and proud to say BLUE IS BETTER but with this cogging goin on, its gonna embarrased me alot.

Most of the Stock class drivers here are depending on the mk3 but its giving us a big headache here.

So please LRP, is there anyways to solve this problem within 4 days for the upcoming Femca ISTC Brunei 2010 EP race?

Last edited by andrew188; 05-09-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrew188
I would recommend that you get a Hobbywing with the latest stock firmware. It is faster than MK3 and has no problem with Orion motors. I know it bears the Chinese brand, which doesn't sound so cool, but it actually drove very good (better than Tekin). Best of all, it cost less than 1/2 of MK3's price. You can either keep it as your backup speed controller after the race, or simply sell it. Even if you sell it after the FEMCA race, you will only lose around 100 ringgit I think

If you cannot find it in Malaysia, you can order it from one of HK's online stores and have it shipped directly to your hotel in Brunei. It could still arrive in time.

I think this could be a good solution to your current problem.

Hope it helps
Hi Andrew,

This does sounds interesting. Which particular model of HobbyWing were you referring to? Don't mind to try it out.

Thanks
Old 05-09-2010, 10:14 PM
Tech Addict

Andrew, i have 2 120A Xerun prepared as well as the Tekin Rs pro.
Jonest, i think he meant the Xerun with the latest firmware 422

Originally Posted by jonest
Hi Andrew,

This does sounds interesting. Which particular model of HobbyWing were you referring to? Don't mind to try it out.

Thanks
Old 05-10-2010, 12:09 AM
Tech Regular

Since you are using an Orion motor, I would like to know which version it is. Is it an Orion Vortex Pro Race version? 2009 version I believe...

Spoke to Jilles yesterday at the track and he took my Orion pro motor and showed me the timing indicator isn't correct/accurate. The right timing amount for 0 degrees would be if the sensor plug is aligned with your solder tab 'B'. If you set it at that value, that would be 0 degrees timing. If I remember it correctly, you need to turn the endbell clockwise to get it into the right direction...

Not sure if this solves your problem, but this might help...

Edit: Also bear in mind that the timing direction is opposite to Speed passion for instance...More timing with a Speed Passion means less timing on an Orion motor...
Old 05-10-2010, 01:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jonest
Hi Andrew,

Thanks
Hi Jonest, I am refering to the Xerun 120A version. Regarding the lates firmware, I am not sure which version they have released, but I have driven my friend's car with the latest version and it was fast and drove good. I think you should give Hobbywing a call and speak to Micheal, he is the main engineer and he can help you with the settings etc.. You can tell him you are referred by me, I think he can help you work out a good setting for the tight FEMCA track.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:21 AM
Tech Adept

Andrew, i have 2 120A Xerun prepared as well as the Tekin Rs pro.
Jonest, i think he meant the Xerun with the latest firmware 422
Hi Akudou, I think you should work together with Jonest and try to get a complete solution for the FEMCA race. I think it is not too late yet. Their support are very good. Since you already have the Xerun, you should not have to worry too much. Just get the latest firmware and setting from Michael at Hobbywing. I am not sure if 4.22 is the latest, better to check with him.

No worries
Old 05-10-2010, 01:31 AM
Tech Addict

You have his email or contact number? pls pm me his details. thanks andrew

Hi Akudou, I think you should work together with Jonest and try to get a complete solution for the FEMCA race. I think it is not too late yet. Their support are very good. Since you already have the Xerun, you should not have to worry too much. Just get the latest firmware and setting from Michael at Hobbywing. I am not sure if 4.22 is the latest, better to check with him.

No worries
Old 05-10-2010, 01:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

No worries
Andrew,

I won't be running @ FEMCA this weekend as I'll be visiting the "Land of the rising Sun"!.... have fun.... on the XERUN, that's really sounds interesting...
Old 05-10-2010, 01:43 AM
Tech Addict

[QUOTE=Govert;7384285]Since you are using an Orion motor, I would like to know which version it is. Is it an Orion Vortex Pro Race version? 2009 version I believe...

Spoke to Jilles yesterday at the track and he took my Orion pro motor and showed me the timing indicator isn't correct/accurate. The right timing amount for 0 degrees would be if the sensor plug is aligned with your solder tab 'B'. If you set it at that value, that would be 0 degrees timing. If I remember it correctly, you need to turn the endbell clockwise to get it into the right direction...

Not sure if this solves your problem, but this might help...

True but you have to remember the handout motor on our upcoming race will be sealed and no modification allowed by the officials unless ofcourse they are willing to do it themself to all the stock class motor. Yes its the 09 version 11.5t Orion pro stock motor.

Thanks but that stilll doesnt solve the problem of the cog unless we shift the sensor plug. One of my mates did the same and shifted it and yet after 3 minutes, the cogging came back again. Sigh..

Regards

Felix

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.