Wiki Posts
Search

LRP SXX StockSpec ESC

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 05:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxracer458
hey guys i have a v2 tc spec,i now run stock class so im asking is there a huge performance increase to switching to a stock spec?

My understanding is that the firmware in each speed control is different so that you have maps that match the type racing you are participating in. So, if you run spec touring cars, the idea was to run the TC Spec. It is typically two cell Li-Poly. 1/12 scale and oval are now single cell Li-Poly and would require different maps for optimal performance so the SXX Stock Spec fits the bill there.

Now after having said that, all of these speed contols can be updated at Team Assiciated headquarters to accept software updates by downloads through the internet to a computer and then installation to the speed control. That means to me that you can alter the software in either speed control to fit all of the applications on the track.

I must also mention the I believe the TC version comes with a fan attached. This fan is not necessary when running spec classes such as 13.5t to the new 25.5t motors. It is also unnecessary when running single cell classes. I don't know if the fan can be removed but that is necessary to fit the speed control in say a 1/12 scale pan car where the body is slammed really low.

I hope this helped and Good Luck.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Lycan
In the manual 5 is listed as progressive.
Track didnt have a massive amount of traction.
I tried 5,6,7,8 and 9 and the esc was so slow it was a joke.

Believe me that the #5 feel setting is linear. Now, I don't think you are settup properly to get the speed from the equipment. The feel setting increases the throttle more progressively for each setting above the lower settings. The risk of moving to the higher setting is that the motor is not running at enough RPM to perform at the more rapidly increasing throttle position as you go from neutral throttle to top speed. In other words, the motor doesn't have enough torque to pull when the timing is increasing faster that it can respond.

My opinion is that you are better off leaving the feel setting at 5 and then adjust the boost and your FDR. It you can not get speed by doing that, then you need more cells in your battery. The speed control is not slow.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:51 AM
Tech Addict

Does the SXX comes with sensor cable in box? thanks
Old 11-11-2010, 05:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have a new SXX SS with Mk3 software and it still has a slight cogging issue. It was not noticeable in a touring car but in a 1/12 there is a noticeable stutter and noise when accelerating from a stop.

Additionally a buddy of mine has the same speed control, and when set up exactly the same, same car, same motor, same settings, same gearing, his is slower. It's very weird.

I find the top speed ok, but low end rip from the corners seems to be lacking compared to my Tekin. I'm waiting on new software, and then I'll send back to AE for an update
Old 11-19-2010, 05:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DJG24
I have a new SXX SS with Mk3 software and it still has a slight cogging issue. It was not noticeable in a touring car but in a 1/12 there is a noticeable stutter and noise when accelerating from a stop.

Additionally a buddy of mine has the same speed control, and when set up exactly the same, same car, same motor, same settings, same gearing, his is slower. It's very weird.

I find the top speed ok, but low end rip from the corners seems to be lacking compared to my Tekin. I'm waiting on new software, and then I'll send back to AE for an update

I have been thinking about your post for some time now, contemplating what is happening. If a friend is not experiencing the cogging with the same exact setup, I would say you either have something in your car that is a problem, the speedo has an issue, or you are missing something where your setups are not actually the same. You are taking the idea that the speedo is the issue, and that is OK. I would suggest that you check your bearings in the car and other things that will drag down the motor when you turn the car. Don't use brakes in the 1/12 unless you are running full modified. Are you using the same caster that your bud is using. More caster = more drag in the turns. But then you said the other car is slower than yours. That tells me that the setup of the two are actually not the same. Fine detail is important when making that claim, so check it to make sure. Good luck and let us know what you find.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

When is the Version 2 going to be available?
Old 11-19-2010, 07:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by davidl
I have been thinking about your post for some time now, contemplating what is happening. If a friend is not experiencing the cogging with the same exact setup, I would say you either have something in your car that is a problem, the speedo has an issue, or you are missing something where your setups are not actually the same. You are taking the idea that the speedo is the issue, and that is OK. I would suggest that you check your bearings in the car and other things that will drag down the motor when you turn the car. Don't use brakes in the 1/12 unless you are running full modified. Are you using the same caster that your bud is using. More caster = more drag in the turns. But then you said the other car is slower than yours. That tells me that the setup of the two are actually not the same. Fine detail is important when making that claim, so check it to make sure. Good luck and let us know what you find.

I agree with your points but let me explain a little further.
We tried both stock specs in two different 1/12 scale (to take the car out of the equation) Both stock specs seemed to have a slight cog in the 1/12 scale.(both cars) When we mounted the same speedos in the touring cars the cog seemed to be non-existent. (I'm sure the drivetrain of a tc hides a little of the cogging because it is not direct drive and there are many other components involved)

On the second issue of the different speeds , I was talking about straight away acceleration in speed. Both cars were the same setup right down to droop. All that being said, it appears that the motor he was running had the timing sticker on the motor slight off where it should have been. Obviously stickers for timing marks are not ideal. Once we adjusted his motor timing more accurately they ran about the same speed so that seems to not be an issue anymore.

The cog in TC is almost invisible but it does still exist, as apparent when running the speedo in a pan car. It is a vast improvement over the older software. Lastly, I'm continuing to play with gearing, timing and other things to find the ideal setup but I still have not been able to replicate the low end power of my tekin setup. It's not to say it isn't there, it's just that the sweet spot has still been harder to find with the LRP and I'm not up to speed with it yet.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DJG24
I agree with your points but let me explain a little further.
We tried both stock specs in two different 1/12 scale (to take the car out of the equation) Both stock specs seemed to have a slight cog in the 1/12 scale.(both cars) When we mounted the same speedos in the touring cars the cog seemed to be non-existent. (I'm sure the drivetrain of a tc hides a little of the cogging because it is not direct drive and there are many other components involved)

On the second issue of the different speeds , I was talking about straight away acceleration in speed. Both cars were the same setup right down to droop. All that being said, it appears that the motor he was running had the timing sticker on the motor slight off where it should have been. Obviously stickers for timing marks are not ideal. Once we adjusted his motor timing more accurately they ran about the same speed so that seems to not be an issue anymore.

The cog in TC is almost invisible but it does still exist, as apparent when running the speedo in a pan car. It is a vast improvement over the older software. Lastly, I'm continuing to play with gearing, timing and other things to find the ideal setup but I still have not been able to replicate the low end power of my tekin setup. It's not to say it isn't there, it's just that the sweet spot has still been harder to find with the LRP and I'm not up to speed with it yet.

OK, that additional information helped. Sounds like you have answered all of your quetions and concerns.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:01 PM
Tech Adept

Default comparison

I have a hobbywing which I think is pretty fast, but very clumsy when coming off-power - my nosram stock specwas much better in that regard, and a lot smoother - but had no top end in comparison.

How does the LRP SXX stock spec stack up with the hobbywing
Old 11-22-2010, 03:19 PM
Azr
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

mornin bump!!!
Old 11-24-2010, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Is the LRP SPX Zero intended for the "NO TIMING", "Sportsman ESC" class???

If so, I unfortuantely don't see it on the "ROAR Approved Sportsman ESC’s" list... http://www.roarracing.com/?page_id=737
Old 11-26-2010, 06:38 AM
Tech Regular

any news about LRP SSX SS V2 80915?

when will it come?
Old 11-26-2010, 08:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default SXXSS V2

News from LRP today

Star Convention at the 2nd Italian GP in Palazzolo sull’oglio!

LRP SXX StockSpec Version 2 will be officially presented and used for the very first time at a touring car race in Italy December 3rd to 5th. Already its forerunner convinced with its enormous performance boost and top-class features. The new one is even better, faster and more innovative! Spectacular and thrilling racing is guaranteed.

Based on the successful genes of the LRP SXX Stock Spec and new revolutionary technical advancements, and due to its revised software, perfectly adjusted for the use in combination with stock motors, the new SXX StockSpec Version 2 is the top of the line speed control in its class.

The most important updates:
› Improved, tougher specifications for maximum reliability
› USB Software updateability at www.LRP.cc – always the latest software
› Dual ADPCmax2 software for maximum flexibility and highest power
› Higher performance in all classes, for all types of battery cells and motors

Last edited by RedBullFiXX; 07-04-2011 at 03:26 PM.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi Guys,

I have a LRP SXX Stock Spec Mk3, heard if I send it back to AE they can upgrade it so I can flash new software using LRP's new USB adaptor. Is that correct?

Does the upgrade turn it into a new LRP SXX Stock Spec V2?
Is there any hardware differences between LRP SXX Stock Spec Mk3 and LRP SXX Stock Spec V2?
Old 11-30-2010, 05:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JBM Racing
Hi Guys,

I have a LRP SXX Stock Spec Mk3, heard if I send it back to AE they can upgrade it so I can flash new software using LRP's new USB adaptor. Is that correct?

Does the upgrade turn it into a new LRP SXX Stock Spec V2?
Is there any hardware differences between LRP SXX Stock Spec Mk3 and LRP SXX Stock Spec V2?

Please see post #1126 above.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.