Wiki Posts
Search

LRP SXX StockSpec ESC

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 01:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Both brakes work very well.........I wonder if your issue is a product of the FDR you run? Or the gear combo you use to get your FDR. (The most drag brake I've dialed in is 3 and this almost feels too much, but thats personal feel thing.)
my fdr is quite high at 7 for a 17.5

I put the spx back in, and my drag brakes is excellent.

stock spec got sent back to lrp now. I'm hoping they will fix it and not send it back saying theres nothing wrong.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smk
I have left that in stock mode, i will try it and let you know.

Also , what engine fan do you recommand?
Try it with the 4 dot timing insert on the motor and gear the car to around 7-7.5 fdr and see how your temps are from there. You will have more punch, more boost and a cooler motor. You shouldnt need to go to 10 on the boost. I run 3.6.7.3 with my X12 13.5 at fdr 8.19. Awesome power. I also use the LRP cooling heatsink/fan. It drops the heat by 30deg C.

Last edited by Bumpy; 07-01-2010 at 04:28 AM. Reason: additional info.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:52 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

The manual states that you can visit www.lrp.cc downloads section for some factory "boost" recommendations, but i cannot find this anywhere.

All i found was this.
http://www.lrp.cc/en/news/news/news/...ash=362d4ae7e5
Old 07-10-2010, 08:28 AM
Tech Adept

Hi all

Ran my LRP SXX Stock Spec with a Novak Ballistic 13.5 last night (large indoor carpet track). Lovely smooth response from the speedo, very pleased.

We only got four runs in and I felt that I hadn't even got close to finding the sweet spot. I finished 6th overall but there was a big gap from me to to 5th place, so I know there is more speed to be found. Wondered if anyone had any good pointers for setting up the speedo.

This is what I ran:

1st run: 3, 4, 5, 0
FDR 6.5
Felt okay but lacked top end on the long straight.

2nd run: 3, 5, 7, 0
FDR 6.5
Big improvement on top end.

3rd run: 3, 5, 8, 0
FDR 6.5
Another improvement on top end.

Free practice before final: 3, 5, 8, 0
FDR 6.69
Again, another improvement. Car had more grunt out of the tight corners with no drop off on the top end.

Final: 3, 5, 8, 0
FDR 6.88
Nasty. Car felt flat all through the range. Coming out of the tight corners the motor was prone to clogging.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JonboyGB
Hi all

Ran my LRP SXX Stock Spec with a Novak Ballistic 13.5 last night (large indoor carpet track). Lovely smooth response from the speedo, very pleased.

We only got four runs in and I felt that I hadn't even got close to finding the sweet spot. I finished 6th overall but there was a big gap from me to to 5th place, so I know there is more speed to be found. Wondered if anyone had any good pointers for setting up the speedo.

This is what I ran:

FDR 6.5

FDR 6.5

FDR 6.5

FDR 6.69
Again, another improvement. Car had more grunt out of the tight corners with no drop off on the top end.

FDR 6.88
Nasty. Car felt flat all through the range. Coming out of the tight corners the motor was prone to clogging.
I have had similar results with a 17.5, although the first adjustment was to back the motor timing back to -10 (Nemesis), from there same thing as trying different gears to the point of cogging, so from there I would try to split your last gear change or go back to the better one and bump the boost up one, or use the last one and back the boost down one setting. I'm still not sure if its the boost or the feel that gets the cog feel started, but its getting better as I play around with it more. (Lots of frustration at the start)
Old 07-10-2010, 10:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hello

Can I use the StockSpec ESC with an LRP X12 4.5T motor and 1s Lipo on a 1/12th car?

Thanks.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:19 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JonboyGB
Hi all

This is what I ran:

FDR 6.5

FDR 6.5

FDR 6.5

FDR 6.69

FDR 6.88
How were your temps and what size is the track. Going off the last runs numbers try dropping the boost back down to 7 and try going to 7.5 fdr of higher.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:23 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
I have had similar results with a 17.5, although the first adjustment was to back the motor timing back to -10 (Nemesis), from there same thing as trying different gears to the point of cogging, so from there I would try to split your last gear change or go back to the better one and bump the boost up one, or use the last one and back the boost down one setting. I'm still not sure if its the boost or the feel that gets the cog feel started, but its getting better as I play around with it more. (Lots of frustration at the start)
Generally Ive found that if the speedo is good around most of the track but cogs in some parts you may have to much boost wound into it or to much advanced timing in the motor. Seems that that is the main problem most are having with this speedo. When you find the sweet spot its crazy fast.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Boost setting

Hello,
I tried the SXX for the first time this weekend. I had a few questions that maybe you guys can help me. I had the boost setting around 8 and the feel at 8. I was a little disappointed. I was running the Tekin RS pro and I wanted something more user friendly so I bought this speedo. I was running the LRP 13.5 motor and this is in a 1/12th pan car. I did not change anything on the motor. I was told my boost setting is too high. Is this true? Any recommendations?
Old 07-12-2010, 11:27 AM
Tech Addict

Hacker. I run my boost in 12th scale between 6 and 8. Mostly 7 for 13.5 and 6 for 10.5. Be careful when you get to the higher boosts as the gear is going to be very critical.

Also when running the 13.5 motor make sure you run 4 dot timing, Which is the lowest setting on the motor.

Hope this helps some.

Mike
Old 07-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Has anyone had an issue with the mk3 not turning on? I have only run this speedo for 8 runs from new with the LRP X12 13.5. The speedo was geared correctly and the motor never went over 85C. Went to turn it on during a meeting and nothing happened. I put my LRP SPX SS back in and it worked. Rather annoyed now only had the speedo for 2 weeks, hopefully it will get replaced under warrantee.

Any ideas why it happened?
Old 07-12-2010, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jim_1987
Has anyone had an issue with the mk3 not turning on? I have only run this speedo for 8 runs from new with the LRP X12 13.5. The speedo was geared correctly and the motor never went over 85C. Went to turn it on during a meeting and nothing happened. I put my LRP SPX SS back in and it worked. Rather annoyed now only had the speedo for 2 weeks, hopefully it will get replaced under warrantee.

Any ideas why it happened?
I had the same problem with a LRP SXX stock spec. Except my speedo was 1 day old and it refused to turn on after 1 battery pack. AE returned a new working one to me.

I also just bought a new LRP SXX TC spec - that one was dead right out of the box. Uh, hello, LRP???? Do you even have QC?
Old 07-19-2010, 03:26 AM
Tech Adept

Default Make stock class stock again!!!

Originally Posted by Roman
http://www.redrc.net/2010/05/lrp-spx...ock-class-esc/

This will change stock class racing. . .

FINALLY!!!!!! I may get ripped here for saying this, but it's no fun trying to keep up with all of the timing/tuning/tweaking advances in the stock class anymore. It should be EQUAL for everyone. If you want to tweak every setting and go as fast as possible, step up to mod. Stock should be just that. STOCK.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bryan562
FINALLY!!!!!! I may get ripped here for saying this, but it's no fun trying to keep up with all of the timing/tuning/tweaking advances in the stock class anymore. It should be EQUAL for everyone. If you want to tweak every setting and go as fast as possible, step up to mod. Stock should be just that. STOCK.
and your point is ?????
Old 07-23-2010, 02:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

motor choice is what makes the sxx stock spec cogg, i had an Orion 17.5 frist gen an it cogged even with no boost an feel set at 1. tryed changing the gearin still the same resault coggin, timing up, timing down, same cogg, just put my novak BALLISTIC 17.5 in an perfect, same gearing as Orion but no cogging an i have it set at, 5 feel, an 9 boost an it works fine an thats high on the boost, i even cranked the timing all the way up on the motor an it was good, i was amazed that it was just motor chocie that makes the differance. i race at Hobbytown tonite so i will really be able to tell if this is the answer. hopefully this helps some people to get the speedo to work fro them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.