Wiki Posts
Search

LRP SXX StockSpec ESC

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by artwork

What can LRP do to earn my business?

1) Realize that the black box approach is over. It is time to embrace the 21st century and provide functionality that many of the competitors have been providing for a while now by allowing software updates free of charge.

2) Lower the price of their products, they are simply too expensive for what you get. Their speed controls are almost $100 more and provide less functionality.

3) Fix the design on the soldering tabs...this might be the worst design ever. Been this way for years and still no advances. These things are so hard to deal with and makes switching wires very unpleasant.

4) Consider smaller capacitors where possible, do you really need a capacitor the size of a dump truck to run a 17.5 motor?
Was using LRP exclusive a while back, but things have changed.
Nothing is too big to fail. If you can't keep up with the trend, then you will be remembered in history. That is all
Old 06-24-2010, 06:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by artwork
What can LRP do to earn my business?

1) Realize that the black box approach is over. It is time to embrace the 21st century and provide functionality that many of the competitors have been providing for a while now by allowing software updates free of charge.
Maybe LRP are concerned with their software being reverse engineered?
Lots of Tekin like ESCs on the market now (in terms of software).
Just a thought.

Arent LRP supplying updates to their SXX ESCs for free? Excluding freight costs of course.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:34 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

So there's an SXX TC Spec v2 coming out that is updatable via a computer. That's a step in the right direction. Anybody want to take bets on whether or not the Stock Spec will have the same ability? Knowing LRP, I bet they release a v2 of the SS ESC with this ability and try to milk people for even more money while never owning up to the fact that SS is possibly the worst ESC ever produced.

Here's LRP's chance to get it right. What do you think will happen?
Old 06-28-2010, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

So there's an SXX TC Spec v2 coming out that is updatable via a computer. That's a step in the right direction. Anybody want to take bets on whether or not the Stock Spec will have the same ability? Knowing LRP, I bet they release a v2 of the SS ESC with this ability and try to milk people for even more money while never owning up to the fact that SS is possibly the worst ESC ever produced.

Here's LRP's chance to get it right. What do you think will happen?
If the SXX TC Spec can be firmware update able, I don't see the point in coming out with a Stock spec version as the difference will be in the firmware.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default .

Last edited by mikecatts; 09-16-2010 at 06:12 AM.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Default New speedo

Hi,

Maybe you're right. Maybe it won't be possible to update your existing speedo. But Reto mentions that it is new hardware, and it is now capable of running 1S lipo. This has always been the case with the Stock Spec, so maybe it is just a SS.

Both of my SXX SS has been updated through the sensor port by Reto. So hang on to your speedoes, and wait with the complaints till you know something.

Peter Knudsen
Denmark
Old 06-29-2010, 12:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)
Default drag brakes

how are everyone's drag brakes on their stock specs?

I cannot get any decent drag brake even when on the highest setting. My SPX on the other hand is hard enough to nearly lock up if I wanted to.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by petk
Both of my SXX SS has been updated through the sensor port by Reto. So hang on to your speedoes, and wait with the complaints till you know something.

Peter Knudsen
Denmark
I thought I had read that somewhere else a couple of moths ago. I know my last update was done thru the sensor port as well, so maybe they will release the interface hardware and software soon.

As for brakes, mine seems to have enough brakes to skid the car if necessary.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
I thought I had read that somewhere else a couple of moths ago. I know my last update was done thru the sensor port as well, so maybe they will release the interface hardware and software soon.

I'll try to stay optimistic about this.

But in the mean time, just wondering if anyone is having issues with when the car is at a stand still at the track, the car occasionally glitches / jolts forward a centimeter or so. Also, during runtime, it glitches at generally the same areas of the track, unfortunately it's like 5 areas of the track. Funny thing is if I don't drive it hard and trying to be smoother on the trottle, there's less glitching. Does teach me better throttle control! I'm running a novak Ballistic 17.5, N setting, 0-5-9-7, FDR 5.95 (84/24, 1.7 int ration) temp after 6 mins. 160F and it's just as fast as a tekin. Everyone tells me it's my radio cause i run 75mhz, but not having problems with my other cars with different ESC.

Also, whom ever is using a 17.5, could you post your settings, motor and timing, and FDR that worked for you?

Thanks you,

Ivan
Old 06-30-2010, 06:06 AM
smk
Tech Initiate

Default X12 colling

Hi guys

I've run my Sxx SS at a race this weekend , and it worked great, no glitches or anything , just speed.

The issue I am facing is motor heat, my X12 13.5 SS gets too high in temps , I haven't run any vent on it , boost at 7 feel at 5 , gearing at 6, and at the end of a 5 min run if the motor speedo enters in protection mode.

My question is , what is the best way to cool this engine , I've saw the LRP cooling kit , but is there any other product that can do that better? Is there any way to cool the engine so that I can up the boost to 8-9 or even 10 without damaging the engine?
Also the should the vent be positioned in front of the car or in the rear?

Thanks
Old 06-30-2010, 06:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smk
Hi guys

I've run my Sxx SS at a race this weekend , and it worked great, no glitches or anything , just speed.

The issue I am facing is motor heat, my X12 13.5 SS gets too high in temps , I haven't run any vent on it , boost at 7 feel at 5 , gearing at 6, and at the end of a 5 min run if the motor speedo enters in protection mode.

My question is , what is the best way to cool this engine , I've saw the LRP cooling kit , but is there any other product that can do that better? Is there any way to cool the engine so that I can up the boost to 8-9 or even 10 without damaging the engine?
Also the should the vent be positioned in front of the car or in the rear?

Thanks
Have you tried the oooo timing ?
Old 06-30-2010, 06:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone

are you talking about drag brakes or brakes?

my brakes are very good, drag brakes are woeful
Old 06-30-2010, 07:45 AM
smk
Tech Initiate

I have left that in stock mode, i will try it and let you know.

Also , what engine fan do you recommand?

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Have you tried the oooo timing ?
Old 06-30-2010, 09:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smk
I have left that in stock mode, i will try it and let you know.

Also , what engine fan do you recommand?
Well, I run 1S 12th scale, we don't need fans
Old 06-30-2010, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker
are you talking about drag brakes or brakes?

my brakes are very good, drag brakes are woeful
Both brakes work very well.........I wonder if your issue is a product of the FDR you run? Or the gear combo you use to get your FDR. (The most drag brake I've dialed in is 3 and this almost feels too much, but thats personal feel thing.)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.