Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LRP SXX StockSpec ESC

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 10:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bpspeed
FOR PEOPLE GOING FROM SPX or SXX to the new SXX S.S.
throw everything out the window you think you know from your sphere, spx or sxx...
the speed this esc can deliver (although substantial) comes at as cost of smoothness, ease of setup and reliability... you could easily spend a whole day just figureing out gearing and settings on this, so if you need to spend time figuring out anything else on your car do that first.... and plan on spending 10 runs dialing in this very advanced speedo
thats not the experience at all. if you want a smooth drive you just set the "feel" to 2 and there you go. very smooth throttle curve. when it comes to setup i still think that the lrp is the easiest one and you will find your gearing very fast. every motor has an optimal gearing point. this is also when takinig power programs etc. no big change really.

at ETS warsaw, with the SPX we ran fdr of approx. 4.8. with the SXX SS we ran 5.3-5.4. (settings 3-4-8-0). motor had 75°C. so everything good there.

if it wasn't for the issues the esc is having with its sudden cogging or breaking due to the mentioned sensor troubles, it would in no doubt be the best out there.

judging from the performance at the ETS races, other speedos like the tekin or the advanced, can keep up with the SXX SS. dont get me wrong, i am saying that when it is working the SXXSS is for sure faster. but not by much. and its always hard to say with different drivers.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)
Default 17.5 first impressions

Had my first run of the sxx ss today with a novak ss 17.5

I've been using a tekin 203 for the past couple of weeks and very impressed with its outright speed and acceleration. Just not 100% happy with the brakes. I'm geared at 6fdr with the tekin.

Today I put the stock spec in my spare car. All on 6min runs, temp checks were carried out throughout the run with minimal 'down time' so im sure these temps would be similar on a full 6min run.

fdr 5.4
Boost 6, slow compared to 203, temp 115f

boost 8, getting faster, still not quite up to 203 speeds, but very respectable, temp 140f

boost 10, didnt get a chance to run a whole 6min as it was pretty much pitch black now, so did a few half laps where I could see the car. Now this is some serious speed here with profile 10. Acceleration and top speed is on par with the 203. Although not sure if I would be able to run a whole 6min with this gearing and profile. Time will tell on sunday when I get to race. However Im sure it will run on Boost 9 without temp issues at 5.4fdr. Also to note that the brakes on the stock spec are a little better than tekin. Did not have time to play with gearing today as I had little time b4 it got dark. But I would have liked to geared it up more on the lower boost settings at 6-8.

now with the problem.......

not cogging badly like some people, but 2 or 3 times a lap it would hesitate for that millisecond. Not a huge drama, and overall im happy with the outcome considering people are cogging badly, but in a race situation I would be losing maybe 2-3 car lengths and possibly a position if someone was right up my backside. It didnt matter which boost setting I was on, it did it on all that I tried.

Sunday should be interesting as I will have a better understanding and be able to compare to my tekin 203 and other 203 users, which I will be alternating cars/speedies in the heats/races. I think I can drive the SS quicker as its alot smoother and pulls up quicker, sometimes with the tekin im overshooting corners
Old 03-12-2010, 03:45 AM
Tech Adept

Default mk3

just read in the LRP german forum. according to their info they worked out a "MK3" software which now according to source will work flawlessly with all motors what so ever. so the cogging or sudden break problems should be eliminated. anyone can send in their esc's and have it updated to mk3. you will know that mk3 is installed when the esc peeps 3 times on start up. with mk2 it was 2 beeps. i am sure reto will post something "official" here too.

as for the speed compared to the tekins 203v: from what i could tell at the ETS in warsaw, the tekins had no shot at the SXX. of course the winning driver, in my opinion would also have one on the tekin, but the outright speed of this thing is staggering. also, as i have tried both speedos, i like the feel of the LRP much better as the power comes on smoother and i dont have to waste all my practice runs for finding the right timing, turbo, turbo delay, rpm and gearing settings. when it works, it works and it flies. in addition the track at the ETS was quite large so we thought it was a little preview of the outdoor season.

anywho, it will be interesting to see these 2 or 4 speedos compete on the track this season, with the various updates for sure to come.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:28 AM
Tech Master

Questions??

Originally Posted by vitomon
just read in the LRP german forum. according to their info they worked out a "MK3" software which now according to source will work flawlessly with all motors what so ever. so the cogging or sudden break problems should be eliminated. anyone can send in their esc's and have it updated to mk3. you will know that mk3 is installed when the esc peeps 3 times on start up. with mk2 it was 2 beeps. i am sure reto will post something "official" here too.

as for the speed compared to the tekins 203v: from what i could tell at the ETS in warsaw, the tekins had no shot at the SXX. of course the winning driver, in my opinion would also have one on the tekin, but the outright speed of this thing is staggering. also, as i have tried both speedos, i like the feel of the LRP much better as the power comes on smoother and i dont have to waste all my practice runs for finding the right timing, turbo, turbo delay, rpm and gearing settings. when it works, it works and it flies. in addition the track at the ETS was quite large so we thought it was a little preview of the outdoor season.

anywho, it will be interesting to see these 2 or 4 speedos compete on the track this season, with the various updates for sure to come.
Ok, but when will they come, will be possible in the combos?
And how could we know of that buy is MK3?

Best regards
Old 03-12-2010, 06:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

All these issues with the SXX Stock Spec may be a blessing. It may cause LRP to look into user update-able firmware. I'm sure they are going to get tired of constantly loading new firmware for users.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Last edited by Josh Keller; 03-13-2010 at 05:51 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Default power capacitor

has anyone used the lrp power capacitor?
Old 03-14-2010, 01:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default SXX SS Profiles and motor setups for x12 10.5 and 13.5

I'm looking for a bit of advice for profiles, gearing and timing for X12 motors with the SXX SS. I run indoors rubber on carpet with my TRF416X TC on a medium sized track.
In particular i'm interested in 13.5 and 10.5 settings for the x12 and 10.5 for a speed passion v3
Any help would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance

Paul
Old 03-14-2010, 02:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Cogging was a bit worse for me today with my X12 motor. It was doing it at high speeds. It was like hitting the brakes hard while going full speed. Hopefully I will be able to get that fixed.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hi All,

First run of the SSX Stock Spec yesterday, It is close to the Tekin 203 but I still think its missing a little on the straights, my gearing is very scary 3.86 and I am running Boost profile 10 (Speed Passion v3 17.5 & Xray T2 009). Motor with a fan is coming off in the early 70's celsius which is ok.

I had a couple of pauses on the speedy in practice but thankfully during the races the speedy went pretty well without any issues. I have to say, I expected or was hoping that the new speedy would have some advantages on the Tekin, but i haven't found that yet.... I will keep working on it.

Thanks
Old 03-14-2010, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by niskie
Hi All,

First run of the SSX Stock Spec yesterday, It is close to the Tekin 203 but I still think its missing a little on the straights, my gearing is very scary 3.86 and I am running Boost profile 10 (Speed Passion v3 17.5 & Xray T2 009). Motor with a fan is coming off in the early 70's celsius which is ok.

I had a couple of pauses on the speedy in practice but thankfully during the races the speedy went pretty well without any issues. I have to say, I expected or was hoping that the new speedy would have some advantages on the Tekin, but i haven't found that yet.... I will keep working on it.

Thanks
chris, I dont know how you can get away with fdr of 3.8 on boost 10, thats crazy. I was running 5.5 fdr on boost 10 and temped at 80c on novak 17.5 with heatsink/fan!

and I agree, the SS is missing abit in both acceleration and top speed compared to tekin v203. I thought I was going quicker in the tekin, but lap times were identical with the stock spec surprisingly. The SS however is heaps smoother, which should make it an ideal 10.5 spec racing speedie.

AL
Old 03-14-2010, 06:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey Al,

Yeah I keep checking my gear chart to make sure I am not reading the wrong column , i have tried 5.5 and it seemed slower, so didnt want to run it. Before I borrowed a heatsink/fan my motor was coming off in the high 80's

I was also running this gearing with the Tekin, so it works, not sure how though... Air and track temp where pretty high yesterday as well.

The LRP is definitely smoother and quicker through parts of the track, I will definitely keep tweaking it to try and find the sweet spot
Old 03-14-2010, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by or8ital
Cogging was a bit worse for me today with my X12 motor. It was doing it at high speeds. It was like hitting the brakes hard while going full speed. Hopefully I will be able to get that fixed.
Sometimes taking out the sensor piece and cleaning it helps. Maybe try that. I was suprised how much tire dust was in my motor.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Had a chance to run my SXX on the weekend.

Ran a Duo 2 10.5 geared at 8.4 with the Feel on 4 and boost on 8.

Car was ballistic out of corners and top speed was impressive, the motor came back at 60 degrees Celsius all day.

Overall very impressed
Old 03-15-2010, 04:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hey guys, got a few question in regarding the auto brake profiles.

How much extra heat does this add to the motor after a run on a high setting?
Does anybody use this setting.

I only ask because previously running the SPX in 10.5 TC the car for some reason unknown had drag brake effect in off throttle, the spx auto brake setting I used was on 0 I noticed this effect when I increased the brake punch on my Helios EX-10, now when I converted over to the sxx ss that drag brake effect is gone, this is using the same motor and transmitter settings..everything as before, now with the sxx it feel like the car just keeps rolling past certain apex's, kinda liked the driving style of how I had the drag brake as before...
Has this happened to anyone, or how could I get back this drag brake effect without using the autobrake setting??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.