Wiki Posts
Search

LRP SXX StockSpec ESC

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 12:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by burito
Also please remember that this is not a problem for everyone as many guys are happy with software they got with 1st batch and we have been winning many races with that software as well (Hupo 2 wins at Snowbirds, Stocker at DHI Cup, Wohlgemuth at ETS Czech, etc etc)..
That is very nice statement, but from what I've seen directly at ETS there were considerably more faulty units than working (including one I got). Anyway I wish you more success with mk2 version.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Well I have my utmost confidence in LRP as we've seen the SXX TC delivers!!!
Old 02-20-2010, 03:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

i know this the million dollar question but......... anyone got stock of these yet?
Old 02-23-2010, 04:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Moggers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moggers View Post
Hi,
I need advice before I return my SXX StockSpec back to LRP for repair
Just purchased and installed my StockSpec with a X12 13.5. When bench testing with no pinion connected, seems like the motor has interference and 'splutters' through the rev range to full power. Tried a SP 13.5 V3 motor and the same happened. Sorry to say, but reconnected by existing ESC and the motor ripped !

I've heard of the issues with the 1st batch (which seems I may have ) but I've also heard that this may be the normal charactoristics of the StockSpec when running the motor with no load.

If anyone has had the same experience or can shine any light on what the exact production issue is on the first batch released, then it will help me understand if my ESC is faulty or just how it is ?

Cheers,
Jason

Thanks for people's comments and suggestions. I didn't want to take any chances so have sent it back to LRP in Germany. I've always had great support from LRP before, so don't expect any problems on this occasion

burito (Reto)...........it's great news that LRP have resolved the firmware issues and have been very open about this to the public. I'm now looking forward to running the SXX SS this season

mutley001 (Paul)...........I've been running the 13.5 X12 for a few weeks now and will be running the 10.5 X12 with my SXX SS when back from LRP. Will be happy to share setups when I eventually get testing in the next week or so !

Cheers,
Jason

I can't fault the service from LRP Germany. Sent my SSX SS back to LRP Germany from the UK and received it back yesterday. LRP emailed me when they had returned it with tracking details and it arrived in good time. End to end it took 2 weeks Very pleased.
Now it has MkII firmware and is working like a dream. Can't wait to test on the track on Friday Will share 13.5 X12 setups when raced over weekend.

Shame some of the SXX SS's had firmware issues at the start, but can't fault LRP for there service getting this sorted.

Cheers,
Jason
Old 02-23-2010, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Hi guys / Reto,

I have just received my SXX Stock Spec a couple of days back and am testing it now....hoping to use in TITC 2010 in Bangkok. I believe it is not the 1st batch of esc as it has the "double beep" when I turn on the esc.

I wonder if any of you share my experience with the 2nd batch onwards SXX Stock Spec esc. When the car is at full stop.....it does not move thereafter when the throttle trigger is pressed. The car must be slightly push for it to move at throttle. I have repeatedly setup the radio, in case that was the cause of the problem. But the problem still persist. I have also changed the sensor cable 2-3 times.....but nothing seems to work.

In terms of setup, I am using 3,3,5,0.

This is not an isolated case coz all my friends who receive the esc also have the same problems. FYI...we are all using the Speed Passion 11.5t v3.0 motor, as required by the TITC organiser.

Thanks in advance for any help explaining the problems I am having. Hope I can get some response urgently as TITC 2010 is just around the corner (i.e this weekend).

Shahrin
Malaysia
Old 02-23-2010, 05:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

how many revisions are there going to be
Old 02-24-2010, 12:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shahrin
Hi guys / Reto,

I have just received my SXX Stock Spec a couple of days back and am testing it now....hoping to use in TITC 2010 in Bangkok. I believe it is not the 1st batch of esc as it has the "double beep" when I turn on the esc.

I wonder if any of you share my experience with the 2nd batch onwards SXX Stock Spec esc. When the car is at full stop.....it does not move thereafter when the throttle trigger is pressed. The car must be slightly push for it to move at throttle. I have repeatedly setup the radio, in case that was the cause of the problem. But the problem still persist. I have also changed the sensor cable 2-3 times.....but nothing seems to work.

This is not an isolated case coz all my friends who receive the esc also have the same problems. FYI...we are all using the Speed Passion 11.5t v3.0 motor, as required by the TITC organiser.

Thanks in advance for any help explaining the problems I am having. Hope I can get some response urgently as TITC 2010 is just around the corner (i.e this weekend).

Shahrin
Malaysia
you have to push the car!? what radio are you using?
Old 02-24-2010, 12:29 AM
Tech Master

Shahrin
Malaysia
I have experienced this on other LRP esc's and it turned out to be the brake fetts that have gone, but maybe someone can put me right on this.
Cheers Malc
Old 02-24-2010, 08:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default SXX Stock Spec Version 2 - Fault

Hi All,

I recieved a New SXX Stock Spec today, wired it all up in the car, powered on(2 Beeps, Happy days) set it up with my radio M11x with RX-451r all perfect then i set power profiles @ 3,4,8,0 and all perfect, then I power it off and when i did the motor (x12 10.5) gave a kick, and now the speedo will not power on!!! I put back in SXX TC and it worked ok, also changed my reviever and still no joy from stock spec.

Anyone els had this trouble?? I have contacted LRP to try and get some tech support but would only let me speak to receptionist. They are telling me to send it back to Hong Kong where i got it from and it will take about 2 months to get a replacement!!! I'm really pissed off about this and LRP have been no help to me what so ever!!! So it seams they have still not sorted out the issues with this speedo and not so willing to help loyal customers!!

Thanks

Keith
Old 02-24-2010, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

there are going to be more sequels/versions to this sxx stock spec speedy than rocky movies
Old 02-24-2010, 08:56 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Hi guys / Reto,

Shahrin
Malaysia
I know you already checked the sensor wire but make sure you use a small tool and push it all the way in the speedo. It really sits down in the hole a good ways and doesnt stick out at all. You cant push it in all the way by finger alone (unless you have figers of an 8 year old! LOL).

EA
Old 02-24-2010, 11:04 AM
Tech Adept

Default MK1

has anyone on here who got the MK1 and it actually works i dont think i have met one person who is keeping theres. is this true
Old 02-24-2010, 12:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Burney
has anyone on here who got the MK1 and it actually works i dont think i have met one person who is keeping theres. is this true
I have one of the Snowbird ones and it has been flawless since then. I would guesstimate I have about 30 packs through it and I am getting ready to leave work to run it some more in practice tonight!

And just to re-iterate, my gear is; Airtronics FHSS-3 receiver with an Airtronics 94746M Digital servo, and X-12 motor.

BTW, I think I was experiencing a sensor wire issue in the above referenced post. Since some gear re-arranging uncouth tire wipes no longer cause any issues.

Mike Slaughter
Old 02-24-2010, 03:19 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by masterhit
I have one of the Snowbird ones and it has been flawless since then. I would guesstimate I have about 30 packs through it and I am getting ready to leave work to run it some more in practice tonight!

And just to re-iterate, my gear is; Airtronics FHSS-3 receiver with an Airtronics 94746M Digital servo, and X-12 motor.

BTW, I think I was experiencing a sensor wire issue in the above referenced post. Since some gear re-arranging uncouth tire wipes no longer cause any issues.

Mike Slaughter
thats good to hear i have a mk1 version here and im thinking whether to even open it if becasue i havent seen anyone who doesnt have problems with it but if you are getting on with it that give me a glimmer of hope. do you not get the stuttering problem then??
Old 02-24-2010, 03:37 PM
Tech Regular

I have the speedos from snowbirds that I ran in wgt and 10.5 12thscale where they both ran well.
Ran 10.5 oval this past weekend and the ss was flawless. This is a class dominated by mambas. Laped the field,which was most of the best in the state!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.