Futaba M800C

Old 03-14-2004, 04:22 AM
IH
Tech Adept

Default Futaba M800C

Does anyone use thie ESC? How do you like it?

Thanks,
IH
Old 03-14-2004, 05:18 AM
Tech Regular

Default MC800C

I've had mine for 6-7 months and I really like it, good punch features etc, has been used with stocks and 8 turn mod (it gets pretty warm with the mod) but has been good to me, responsive and all the basic settings for brakes/punch/neutral (drag) brakes.

Apparently it's the same as an LRP Quantum internally.

hope this helps
Old 03-14-2004, 07:50 AM
IH
Tech Adept

That sounds good!
Thank you TC321go

Greetings,
IH
Old 03-14-2004, 12:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have used one for atleast 6-7 months now and have never had a prob with it. Great lil ESC.
Old 03-14-2004, 01:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

This is basically a LRP Quantum...just different case. Just like all quantums... mine went up in smoke after 1 practice days on it...

save some time and headaches and just buy the Quantum with Life time Warreantee... the Futaba has only 1 year warrantee in it.
Old 03-14-2004, 01:14 PM
Tech Addict

Default Great Speed Controller

Great ESC.....Same as LRP Quantom Competition...but with a better warranty service. I Love my Futaba....no stupid blue metal flake to come off like the LRP....

I've used it with stock, 19T, and Modifieds up to 7-singles with 6 cells on asphalt in July with 90+ degree weather. No problems. I used it in 1/12 scale with 4 cells (stock, 19, and mod) without a reciever pack. No radio problems or lack of power to the reciever noticed.

I would definately recommend.....You may be able to find one mail order for less than $130.
Old 03-14-2004, 01:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: Great Speed Controller

Originally posted by Bivens
Great ESC.....Same as LRP Quantom Competition...but with a better warranty service. I Love my Futaba....no stupid blue metal flake to come off like the LRP....

I've used it with stock, 19T, and Modifieds up to 7-singles with 6 cells on asphalt in July with 90+ degree weather. No problems. I used it in 1/12 scale with 4 cells (stock, 19, and mod) without a reciever pack. No radio problems or lack of power to the reciever noticed.

I would definately recommend.....You may be able to find one mail order for less than $130.

$130.00 mail order in the US?.. where? I know in HK they sell for about that much...but if you try to get warrentee service for it in the US...you're out of luck... they want proof of purchase in the US with a copy of your receipt.

Better Warrantee service..??? 1 yr on the Futaba... Limited Lifetime on the Quantum... now which one would you get? if the blue case is not an issue...? they do both have good customer service...
Old 03-14-2004, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I used the lrp quantum in mod sedan with an 8t dbl without heatsinks and had no trouble.
Just a quantum with a different case. I don't know about the futaba but the lrp case needed a piece of tape or decal to hold the case together.
Old 03-14-2004, 05:00 PM
Tech Addict

LRP requires a cash payment for warranty exchange after a short time period.....Futaba has a 1-year no-questions-asked exchange period.....I've not had to use it, I've had no trouble.
Old 03-14-2004, 09:06 PM
Tech Regular

My MC800C died on me a few weeks ago and I just got around to sending it in last week. I received an email stating they had it.

Anyone know the turn around time on repairs? I am starting to miss it really bad after using a Fusion the last 2 weeks lol.