Wiki Posts
Search

Dyno tuned

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Dyno tuned

I just wanted to get the lowdown on getting a Monster pro with good dyno #'s? Watts 67-69? 102 and up torque?
Old 03-13-2004, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Thats good, always look for torque and watts in a stock motor, you can always gear up to get desired RPM.
Old 03-13-2004, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Monster

Exactly, I am looking for some motors with good power and torque. The monsters are alredy good for rpm but I run on a carpet road course that is usuall setup fairly tightly. More info for setting up a TC3 on carpet with foams would also be apreciated.
My current setup is;
Tires; TRC plaids in the front & TRC purples in the rear
Spings; purple in the front. Top shock mount outer hole. Outer hole on the lower arm. Standard sway bar.
Copper springs on the rear. Outer hole on the top & inner hole on the lower arm. No sway bar.
Droop; 4 rear, 6 front.Ride height is 5mm front and rear.
75 tooth spur gear. I don't fully understand gearing and rollout yet but I am working on it. Pinion for the Monsters 21-23 tooth and for a Paradox pro 24-26 tooth.Roll out for the tires I try to keep around 190-191mm. I can take the B-main at the local track but can't compete with the A-main guys yet. I am working on consistency and my lap times don't usually vary more than 2-4 secs. 10.60-12.4 lap times. The fast guys run 10.00-10.99 every lap, with the odd sub 10 sec laps.
Thanks
Old 03-13-2004, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Default More Power

tandman;

In a Touring Car, WATTS is what you should be looking at. The higher the better.

Take heed though, that some of us question the reliability of the Factory Dyno stickers.

In the case of the Monster Stock, look for a "Pro" version that has the LEAST amount of balancing holes. Less holes MORE power. (trust me)