Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XRAY T3

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 08:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Default XRAY T3

Hi, I will buy the new XRAY T3, I知 new to Electrical RC cars so I need some help to pick the correct equipment (I have gasoline car from before).
What type steering servo is recommended to buy for this car?
If I will drive in the modified class which Motor under 10.5 turn and Pinion Gear should I buy for this car ? I wants the best set up as possible. I will also need an speed controller, which controller to choose? Is it any speed controllers I can use for Electric motors in both modified and Superstock class. I was just thinking off the option to buy a good speed control, so I can just changes the engine to start in the two different classes.
Will that work? I can see the T3 is made for Lipo batteries, is Lipo recommended compare to NIMH? Which size and type batteries should I buy for the T3.
When it comes to tires and wheels, do you have any recommendation for good Tires and wheels. I appreciate if you can post some links, if you recommend some equipment, then it will be more easy for me to find the correct equipment. Where in the US, do you find the best prices? I hope some experience people can take the time to answer my questions.

I want a killer set up, is it possible to get almost the same prestanda on a modify car as on a superstock?

Thanks to every body who will take time to answer me.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dartvidar
Hi, I will buy the new XRAY T3, I知 new to Electrical RC cars so I need some help to pick the correct equipment (I have gasoline car from before).
If I will drive in the modified class which Motor under 10.5 turn and Pinion Gear should I buy for this car ? I wants the best set up as possible. I will also need an speed controller, which controller to choose? Is it any speed controllers I can use for Electric motors in both modified and Superstock class. I was just thinking off the option to buy a good speed control, so I can just changes the engine to start in the two different classes.
Will that work? I can see the T3 is made for Lipo batteries, is Lipo recommended compare to NIMH? Which size and type batteries should I buy for the T3.
When it comes to tires and wheels, do you have any recommendation for good Tires and wheels. I appreciate if you can post some links, if you recommend some equipment, then it will be more easy for me to find the correct equipment. Where in the US, do you find the best prices? I hope some experience people can take the time to answer my questions.

I want a killer set up, is it possible to get almost the same prestanda on a modify car as on a superstock?

see my post on the Xray forum
Old 12-31-2009, 11:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
see my post on the Xray forum
I like the KO Propo servos PDS-2413 or PDS-2345

Sorex tires.... or SJR's

I like the KO Propo speed control. speedpassion, LRP or Nemesis motors are nice.

I buy all my stuff from Nexus Racing... They have very competative prcing.

http://www.nexusracing.com/index.php
Old 12-31-2009, 12:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dartvidar

You should post this in the T3 thread that is already started.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by bluephi1914
I like the KO Propo servos PDS-2413 or PDS-2345

Sorex tires.... or SJR's

I like the KO Propo speed control. speedpassion, LRP or Nemesis motors are nice.

I buy all my stuff from Nexus Racing... They have very competative prcing.
In modified class I need a motor less than 10.5 turn, what type motor to choose? Is it any speed controllers who runns well on motors under 10.5 turn and also runns well on Motors over 10.5 turn? For servos, then I can use standar digital servos? For this type of cars, is it some servos who is bettar than other when you come to handling? On my gasolin car its important with high torque servos. I presume this is not important here, but is it other important things to think about when choose servos? What type motors and speed controllers do the Pro guys use? Is it big difference betweene the modified cars under 10.5 turn, and the Superstock over 10.5 turn. Is it possible to make an T3 with an motor less than 10.5 turns who can compete with the top tuned cars with engines over 10.5 turn? Can some one place some links for killer speed controllers, Motors and equipments. For how long time can you run on a 5000 40c lipos battery?? Should I buy 2 or 3 batteris?

Thanks to every body who answer me in the forum.