Search

RCScrewZ Screws, Good Quality?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Default RCScrewZ Screws, Good Quality?

WOnt be to big for the hex, wont' strip. If they strip they cause ALLOT of problems.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DriftWoof

WOnt be to big for the hex, wont' strip. If they strip they cause ALLOT of problems.
Pretty much every single person in our club uses RCScrewz in their pancar, and some use them in the nitro cars too. Our club has purchased over 40 screw kits from them.

I dont think anyone has ever had one strip on them or any complaints like that. We only had one kit that was short some screws. RC Screwz sent another kit the following week to replace it.

There is cheaper alternatives, but for a quick quality solution its a good way to go.

Shawn.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DriftWoof

I prefer going here: http://www.fastener-express.com/ and buying the sizes I need in small quantities. They are Aluminum not stainless .
Old 12-20-2009, 03:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I've used the RCScrewz kits 3 or 4 times. They are usually missing some of the screws but also give you extras. They are pretty good but they bend kinda easy so I wouldn't use them in a high impact area (like suspension mounts). For high impact areas I've used Tony's Screws and they work really well. No bends.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:21 AM
Tech Master

The small ones ( 1/16 hex head, I think) have a oversized hex which makes me dislike these screws. The material is good so it is hard to strip them, but still I managed to strip 1 or 2 over the months ( the screw set was for my rc10 T btw, and yes, I use a very good and perfectly sized screwdriver).

The nyloc nuts they give are pretty but the nylon gets expanded the first time you screw them, and after that the nylon doesn't grip well at all. Works like a kind of regular nut, but thicker. sweet.

I'll stay away from these screw kits from now on.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

I use teh B44 kit, and it's fantastic. Came with heaps of spares, and the screws are tough as hell
Old 12-23-2009, 02:04 PM
Tech Rookie

tonysscrews.com BEST that I have found... The screws are bagged by size, NOT just put in a plastic box.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:15 PM
Regional Moderator

The stainless steel screws, while pretty looking, aren't as strong as the grade 12.9 black oxide ones. For holding top decks one, they're fine. But I wouldn't use them for suspension holders, shock mounts, etc. I just buy bags of screws from either TonysScrews.com, or McMaster.com (for sizes I use a lot of). In most applications, aluminum screws aren't worth the hassle. The heads strip and they bend way too easily.